Bodyguard

Beyoncé

This has been a great month. I went to see my Captain of the Special Forces Unit. He let me know that I would be on call after my training. He wanted to see how much of my training I still knew. I went through kind of the same thing for the the first week but the second week was super hard. I ranked number one out of the last four classes they've had.

Anyways, today I am being sent to an assignment. They told me that I was gonna be the councilwoman's bodyguard. They want us to get to know each other and be really acquainted first. That's why that sent me so early. She had some type of death threats from some crazy guy. She has a speech at three this afternoon on Slauson Ave. When we first moved to Cali I was 12 years old and that's where we moved to, Slauson Ave & Crenshaw Blvd.

When I arrived to the office it was a normal little building. It looks like a house someone turned into an office space. I was surprised because they didn't have any big posters that said running for Governor. They didn't have a picture of her being councilwoman. Hell this look more like a safe house then a democratic house. This fine ass woman came walking from the back.

"Hello can I help you?" She said showing her pearly whites.

"Maybe, my name is Beyoncé Knowles and I'm the councilwoman's new bodyguard." I said extending my hand.

"Oh yes. You're very early. I thought they said you'll be here at 1:30." She said a little confused.

"They wanted me to come earlier so I can get to know..." I stopped, waiting for a name so I don't have to keep saying councilwoman.

"Onika Maraj." She finished.

"Nice name. Guess I'm not the only one with a unique name." I said chuckling.

"Guess not. Well here's everything you need to know and the itinerary for the month. Here's your company phone. Oh yea duh, my name is Carmen, I'm Onika's campaign manager." She said handing me stuff quickly. Glad I'm a fast learner or this would've been hard.

"Ok and this isn't a live in thing is it because I have a daughter that's only 20 months?" I asked because if so, Onika's gonna have an extra kid. I'm not leaving my daughter again for no X amount of months.

"Not that we know so far but we will let you know. If need be we can call your Captain and try to set you up with a house right next door to Onika's." She said writing at the same time.

"That will work." I said loving this job already.

"Finally Onika meet Beyoncé, your body guard." Carmen said smiling while looking behind me. When I turned around both of our smiles fell.

"Not this bitch again!" We said at the same time.

"Don't I owe you a beat down from a month ago?" She asked ready to squad up.

"I would like to see you try. You're the one running for Governor? If so I need to move cause I don't have time for this." I said rolling my eyes.

"Still a bitch I see." She said smirking with her arms folded.

"And what do you think you are?" I said standing over her.

"Ok people to your respective corners." Carmen said pushing us apart. "Am I missing something here? How do you two already know each other?" She asked.

"Remember when I called you a month ago and told you about the bitch that pushed me and was rude?" She said putting emphasis on bitch.

"You got one more time to call me a bitch and we're gonna have a problem." I stated.