Chapter One - Introductions

It was a normal day at UA High School, well, as normal as it gets. It was around lunchtime when most of Class 1-A were wandering silently through the halls hunting something. Hunting a rabbit. Mina and Tsuyu were sneaking down one hallway when they came across Eraserhead and Present Mic, talking about the final exams they have in place for the first years.

"Hey Eraserhead, Present Mic! Have you, by any chance, seen a little white rabbit hopping around?" Mina confronted her teachers. They both looked at each other.

"No, we haven't. What's happened now?" The tired pro hero asked, rather unenthusiastic.

Tsuyu answered. "Koda found a stray white rabbit on his way to school. He's kept it in his school bag and made sure it had enough room. Just now, he tried to feed in in the lunch hall and it jumped out and ran. Now we've split up trying to look for it. And Koda can't use his quirk either cause he lost his voice during today's training. Kero."

"We'll make sure to keep an eye out for it!" Present Mic assured the two girls as they thanked them both and ran down to the next corridor. "Just remember to make it to your next class in time!" He yelled at them. They turned around and gave a thumbs up.

On a different floor, the rabbit was hopping down, lost and trying to find a way out. Principal Nezu was walking down that same corridor when he happened across the rabbit. Not knowing where it came from, he picked it up and examined it for anything out of the ordinary.

"Hmm, you look lost little guy. And you look like a normal rabbit. Let's take you to the staff room. Someone must be looking for you." He then proceeded to the staff room, knowing that there was only gonna be one other person in there.

He opened the door and saw someone sitting on the couch with a laptop on their lap. He called out to them. "Hey Hina. Look who I found wandering down the hallway." She looks up at the principal.

Hina wasn't someone you'd expect to see in the staff room. She's a 15 year old girl with red eyes and black braids. She's wearing a dark blue hoodie with black jeans and boots. Not really the kind of person you'd expect to find in a teachers staff room but she fit right in.

"Aww, what's a rabbit doing in here?" She asked as Nezu handed her the white ball of fluff.

"I'm not entirely sure, it maybe a students." As he answered, she started typing on her laptop again, rabbit lying on her thighs.

"It could be Koda Koji's from class 1-A. His quirk is basically being able to talk to animals. And according to their schedule, they had quirk training today. They have a study hall right now so I can go down and ask him."

Principal Nezu was truly impressed with her commitment to such tasks. "If you don't mind. I appreciate you taking the time to help. Not just with small things like this but with the research you're allowing us to investigate with your - "

Before he could finish his sentence, Hina cut him off as she started to walk to the door. "No problem, Principal Nezu. Not like I have anything else to do. Anyway, I'll head down to class 1-A" She finished her sentence as she shut the door behind her, leaving Nezu to think about what her true feelings were about her... abilities.

As she walked down the halls, passing multiple classes, she could overhear teachers teaching and the students collaborating on their work. She looked down at the small fluff ball of a rabbit in her hands.

"Are you hungry little guy?" she extended one hand from below the rabbit and out of her palm, grew baby carrots. "Lucky that I'm here then." The rabbit then started nibbling on the carrots in her palm.

As she reached the class 1-A door, she could hear all of the chatter from inside. This would be the first time she'd have interacted with any of the students from UA, despite being there multiple times. Hesitantly, she opened the door. As the door slid slowly open, she quickly scanned the room. She recognized all the faces of the students due to the Sports Festival and the amount of research she'd done on them. The room got slightly quieter as they noticed her, standing at the doorway.

"Oh, Hina. What're you doing here?" Eraserhead asked as his head peeked out of his sleeping bag. He then realised the rabbit in her hands. "Oh. You found it. Koda?" he called for the rabbit's owner as the class still wondered who this girl was. Koda walked to the front of the class to retrieve his lost friend.

"Sorry if he caused you any trouble." He said in a meek voice. Hina smiled. "Oh, he was no problem. Also I just fed him so he's feeling pretty good." As they exchanged the rabbit, Koda couldn't help but notice the greenery growing from her hands. Apparently, he wasn't the only one.

"Wow!" Exclaimed the pink haired girl Hina recognised as Mina Ashido. "Are those carrots growing from your hands?" The majority of the class tried to get a closer look at what she was talking about.

A loud and abrupt voice came from the back of the class. "Mina! You can't just ask people you've just met about something as trivial as their quirks! Have some manners!" The blue haired boy shouted, Hina immediately knew that was the class rep, Tenya Iida. "As class representative, I would like to apologise for my classmates behaviour." He said while he bowed. This took Hina back a bit.

"Oh, don't worry. I like talking about my quirk." She addressed to him as he lifted himself up, smiled and went back to his work. "Yeah, my quirk is Botany. It basically means I can grow any kind of plant anywhere on my body. It also helps to know the molecular structure behind it." She explained as everyone listening started to express more interest.

"So you need to know what's in the plant to make it. Kind of like Momo's quirk!" Mina exclaimed, smiling at her realisation." Hina smiled and responded "Yeah, along the same lines. Also like Momo, I need loads of energy, depending on the plant I want to make and the size. And also my quirk works best in sunlight."

As she talked more and more about her quirk, the whole class, at this point, noticed something strange happening. They started whispering and gazing down at her. And not in the creepy way that Mineta was. Eraserhead also noticed and tried coughing to get her attention. She cut off her sentence and turned around to the pro hero, pointing below her. As she looked, she didn't realise anything off at first. Then she remembered.

"They think I have one quirk."

"Shit."