I am here. Literally.

Killuas POV

After the weird conversation with Todoroki, I wandered around the halls, running my hand on the smooth walls since there was nothing better to do.

Why would Todoroki even want to adopt me anyway?

It was out of the blue. Does he realize that we're only a few years younger than him? He probably thinks we're the same age since Gon and I are in the same class as him.

I came across one of the many vending machines in the school. I walked around the box, taking my hand off the wall. There's good choices here. I pulled out a few coins from my pocket and got a juice box.

How did he get that burn on his face anyway? Maybe he was in a freak accident.

I opened the straw and poked it into the box.

At least I got his shoe without him questioning me. That was very convenient.

I started walking towards the bathroom, so I can pull out the Greed Island binder and put the shoe away.

Would I even want a new dad?

My dad treats me well for the most part. He does have expectations, but they're nothing like my mom's. He trained me in the family trade and taught me how to survive. That's fatherly of him I guess. Sure the family trade includes killing people, but what would you expect him to teach me? How to write calligraphy? How to make a bouquet? How to make friends?

Do dads even teach their kids how to make friends?

They probably give them advice or... something. I don't know what the advice would be since I never got any, but at least I had an idea on what a normal dad would do. That's something.

What advice would dad give about friendship?

...Do I even want to know?

All I need is Gon. Our relationship is strong, so no advice is needed.

I slowly stopped walking and leaned by back against the wall casually.

I took another sip out of the juice box. Do I want more than that?

Do I need more than that?

I already have Kurapika and Leorio who I know will support me. I'll support them too like I have done in the past.

I guess I have Izuku too. He's been trustworthy and kind so far.

I stopped sipping the juice.

The league knows I'm going to a hero school now.

I mean... I knew this would be an issue, but I could have avoided it for a bit longer if I was being smart.

The League is most likely watching the sports festival. They all know my last name. Toga and Twice know my face too.

What would they even do once they know I'm here at UA?

Just because I'm in UA doesn't necessarily mean that I'm their enemy. Then again, they targeted my class at the USJ.

They hate hero's too. That might not help my case.

Why am I even thinking about this? They're just my employers.

Do I even need to work as an assassin?

Biskys making money. It's not a huge amount, but it's steady pay unlike my job. I've only done one small assassination in the past 3 months.

Why do I keep going back there? I keep answering Togas calls and I always end up going there.

The last time I went, Toga Twice and I made Jello with Kurogiri. Once we finished the 13th Jello cup, colorful wisps of light circle around it. At first I thought it was a special card, but there was no chime in my head. It was something else.