Why them and not me, Gon?

Todoroki walked out into the arena, noticing that it was the same pink-haired girl from earlier that he was about to fight.

From the other side of the arena, he could see that Hatsume was trying to stand tall for the audience, but was struggling.

Todoroki sighed, feeling bad for her. He wondered if he would rather have no dad than endeavor. Probably. His dad is terrible.

"AND LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!" Mic shouted.

Todoroki shot ice at her. She used her grappling system to move out of the way. She then started shouting about all her babies. Todoroki raised a brow, stopping for a moment. "Babies?" He asked. "Am I an uncle now?"
Hatsume confusedly asked, "How can you be an uncle to a piece of machinery?"

"What?"

Hatsume motioned to her grappling hook and jetpack, "These are my babies because I engineered them."

"Oh... so i'm not an uncle?"

"Since when are you related to me?"

"It's complicated." Todoroki admitted.

Gon had listened to their conversation and was still very confused. "Hey Killua, do you think Todoroki is serious about being our dad?"

Killua sighed, "I honestly don't know. Just go with it. He gave me his shoe without questions after I agreed to the adoption."

Gon then asked, "Why did you need his shoe?"

Killa gave him a look and then tapped on his greed island ring since they were talking in public. Gon saw his actions, understanding that it was the game asking for the shoe. "Oooooh. Okay. Why didnt it tell me that?" Gon asked curiously.

Killua shrugged, "I'm not sure. Its done that a few times. Did you get any?"

Gon nodded, "Yeah, I have to get one of the medals they give out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd."

"The game is seriously making you do that? They really made it so we progress with our abilities and skills. Just as any game would do." Killua said, now rethinking things.

Gon saw how Killua went oddly silent. "Whatcha thinking?"

"Gon... we've never fought seriously against each other before." Killua said hesitantly.

"What do you mean? We spar all the time!"

"Gon, that's not what I'm talking about. I mean a real match. With intent to win no matter what."

"Why are you saying this? It's not like we're going to fight or anything." Gon wondered.

Killua sighed, not surprised that Gon didn't think of this. "The first round of battles is almost over. The winners of these matches will fight each other. I know we both are going to win, so there's a good change we might fight each other in the second round."

Gon realized that he did not want to fight Killua. He really didn't know what would happen. Killua is really strong, but so is he. "...I don't want to fight you though."

Killua nodded in understanding, grateful that Gon doesn't want to fight. It honestly won't feel right because they both will need to hold back to lower suspicion and attention.

"Okay. I'll forfeit the match. I'll just say I don't feel like fighting or something-"

"I don't want you to do that either!" Gon interrupted.

"Okay then what am I supposed to do? You need to win the game!"

"But there is also a chance that you don't need to fight me next round!"