Bonus Chapter #2

*Remember it takes place after the blip. But obviously I am twisting the plot to make it my own.*
Natasha pov
"So we have to go back in time and get the stone?" I asked for confirmation looking at Tony.
"Yes" he replied.
"But wouldn't that change the timeline or something" I asked looking at him.
"Yes but it will be for the better Natasha" Tony answered.
"Are you okay with going back?" I asked Steve looking at him.
"Yeah yeah I'm fine" he said hesitantly and I gave him a pointed look.
"If you say so" I said not believing him one bit.
"Okay so we will set the time jump to 1941 to Cap's military camp. We will do it tomorrow so that way you guys can get in the right head space" Tony explains looking at Steve.
"Works for me" I agreed looking at Steve.
"Uh yeah" Steve agreed.
"Okay well I better get going before Pepper gets mad that I'm not back home for dinner" Tony says smiling at us
"Say hi to them for me" I say as he walks away.
"Will do!" He yells back and I smile while turning towards Steve.
"You okay?" I asked sympathetically as Steve sat down sighing in frustration.
"I'm fine" he said staring into space.
"Either that wall is suddenly really interesting or you're lying to me." I smile softly walking up from behind him and placing a hand on his shoulder for comfort
"I just-I never thought I'd go back" he said looking over his shoulder to make eye contact with me briefly before turning around and looking at the floor.
"If It's too much for you I can go with Bruce or Clint " I suggested trying to be supportive.
"No no. I'm the best person for it. I know everything needed to be known about 1941. You guys would be walking in clueless." He argues shaking his head.
"I know but if you're not ready to go back home you don't have to" I reassured rubbing his back
"I am home" he emphasized softly while placing his right hand on top of mine that laid on his left shoulder.
"Want me to make you dinner?" I asked warmly.
"Yes please" he said as I rubbed his shoulder reassuringly before he gets up and walks with me to the kitchen.
"Need help?" He asked kindly.
"Last time you 'helped' me you almost burned the kitchen down" I reasoned.
"So that's a no?" Steve asked chuckling.
"You can watch" I said.
"Fair enough" he shrugged happily sitting down.
"I'm making lasagna" I muttered under my breath.
"You say that like it's nothing" Steve laughs.
"Try making a Russian dish and you won't leave the kitchen the whole day" I said humorously and I can hear Steve let out a genuine belly laugh that made me smile.

Steve and I made small talk while I cooked and I even let him help me layer the lasagna since I knew that he wouldn't be able to mess that up if I was there to watch him

"This looks really good" Steve smiled rubbing his hands together in anticipation while I laughed.
He helped me sat the table and we both sat down to eat together.
"I can't believe Morgan is almost five already" I said out of the blue.
Steve looked up and smiled nodding his head while chewing a piece of lasagna in his mouth.
"She's getting so big" Steve agreed chuckling.
"I feel like it was just yesterday when we went to the hospital. She was so tiny" I smiled fondly at the memory.
"And Tony was a nervous wrecking mess" Steve added laughing.
"Remember he couldn't even open the door when we came to visit" I laughed.
"I've never seen Stark so clueless and helpless but also so happy" Steve smiled.
"You know when I was a kid, maybe around 6, I used to dream of having this fairytale family. A loving husband and children and a big house. I wanted it all. I was a child with childish dreams. But I think that was the last time I ever felt normal. Everything that happened after that was a nightmare" I spoke softly leaning back on my chair thinking back to my childhood.
Steve and I were used to having deep personal conversation. We were each other's closest friend and we've been there for each other through our lowest of lows
So having these types of conversations were comfortable and common for us
"You know there are times where I wished I hadn't crashed into ice back in 1945. Maybe if I hadn't, I would've been able to stop hydra. I think about you and how maybe if I would've lived the life that I was suppose to live, these things would've never happened to you" he said truthfully looking at me sadly.
"Don't give me some sappy guilt gutted bullshit" I said rolling my eyes.
"I believe things happen for a reason. We have to let go of what 'could of been' and focus on what 'is' and what 'can be'. Regretting our past just keeps us from enjoying our future" I said shrugging.
"All this wisdom" Steve mocked laughing at me.
"It's all those stupid yoga and soul searching classes you drag me too" I replied with a small smile while Steve laughed even harder.
"The membership is worth it" Steve laughed.
"Oh shut up" I chuckled throwing my napkin at him while rolling my eyes jokingly.
"You're right I'm just scared going back there" Steve admits.
"Scared of what could of been and didn't?" I asked even though it came out more as a statement.
"Yes" he said crossing his arms
"So much has happened that maybe going back to 1941 isn't so bad. I mean before not having proper delicious food, it's not half as bad as what has happened this last couple of years" I reasoned.
"We did boil everything" Steve laughed.
"If you decide to ditch us and stay I won't tell Stark" I smirked.
"I wouldn't do that. Like I said before I'm home" Steve smiled stretching his arms out pointing around him.
"Me too" I smiled while I went to grab some more lasagna and Steve soon mimicked my movements
Hello beautiful family,
There will be a part 2 even a part 3
Please comment down below what you think? Should I make one-shots?
I love you 3000
Bree