Red Roses {Prinxiety}

Virgil's POV

I messed up. I messed up. I. Messed. Up.

"Hey kiddo, whaddya need?"

"H-hey Pat, can you come over? Like n-now?" I ask him, choking back my inevitable panic attack.

"Virgil what's wrong?" He asks, sounding concerned.

I really don't want to be a burden on him but right now I need someone, "Can y-you just come ov-over? I can barely br-breathe," I choke out, full-blown crying now. Please say yes, please say yes.

"Okay, don't worry kiddo I'm on my way. I'll stay on the phone with you, okay? Name five things you can see," He instructs me, using one of the strategies Logan had taught him to help me through a panic attack.

I look around the living room, feeling overwhelmed with how many objects there are. Like seriously which ones am I supposed to say?! "Um uh, c-couch, the tv, um the rem-mote, l-lamp, and uh t-the coffee table?" I stutter out.

"Good, four things you can feel?"

"H-hoodie, pants, um couch, carpet-t," That's four right? Yeah.

"Okay, three things you can hear?" He presses.

"Your v-voice, my breathing, and a car starting?" I'm guessing that's his car starting, and not some random ghost car trying to kill him.

Patton chuckles slightly, it sounding warped and awkward over the phone, "Two things you can smell."

"I don't know...lavender and vanilla?"

"Okay last one you're doing great, one thing you can taste," He tells me.

"Salt," From my tears, but I decide that add-on wouldn't be appreciated.

"Alright, are you feeling better?" He asks, sounding much happier than before.

I nod, before realizing he can't see me, "Less panicky, thanks Popstar."

"No problem, I should be over there in the next minute or so, are you calm enough to tell me what happened? And why isn't Roman helping?" He asks, not realizing how that would be rubbing salt in the very recent, very sensitive wound.

"I'll explain when y-you get here, kay?" I tell him, fighting back a large sob knowing that I've already worried him enough in the past two minutes.

"Okay," Even over the phone I can tell he's not convinced, but at least he doesn't push it. Sure enough, Patton knocks on the front door a minute or two later, letting himself in, "Virgi-" He spots me on the couch and rushes over, "Can I touch you?" I nod, and he immediately wraps his arms around me.

"Roman and I got in a fight, he left," I summarize, not really eager to talk about it.

"I'm sorry to hear that, what exactly did he say?" He asks, "If you don't want to say then you don't have to."

"It's fine, he- he said that he needed some air," I tell him, remembering how angry he looked. Angry with me.

-Flashback time-

I'm not sure what exactly started the fight, but at some point we had started yelling at each other, "Well maybe you should try to get out of your comfort zone once in a while!"

"Well maybe you should realize how hard that is for me with my anxiety!" I yell back.

"You can't just blame everything on your anxiety, that's just like me blaming my lack of sleep on YouTube!" He exclaims.

"Staying up and watching YouTube videos is your fault though! I didn't ask to have anxiety, you pompous prick!"

He crosses his arms, "So we're bringing nicknames to this? I thought you agreed with Logan that they're 'immature' and 'for children'."

"I never said that you arrogant, insecure b@stard!" I shout. If he's gonna keep accusing me of sh!t I didn't do, then this fight will go on forever. He stiffens, and I know I've gone to far, "Rom-"

"Save it," He says coldly, "I need some air," He walks out of our house, taking his keys with him as I break down.

-Flashback end-

"Y'know, whenever I was upset about something, even if it wasn't his fault, Roman would always give me a single red rose and say some cheesy pick-up line to cheer me up," I laugh bitterly, "I don't think that's gonna happen this time."

Patton hugs me tighter as I lean against him, unable to stop my tears from coming, "It's gonna be okay kiddo, he loves you so much. One fight isn't gonna change that on my watch."

He continues to reassure me as I slowly calm down, hiccuping slightly every once in a while. Someone knocks on the door, and I look at Patton, "Did you invite Logan over or somethin?"

"No..." He gets up and opens the door, and from my spot on the couch I can't see who it is, "Virgil can you come here?" Patton calls.

I really don't want anyone to see me since I look like a total mess right now- "Roman," I mumble, seeing him standing on the porch with five red roses, "What...?"

He steps forward, grabbing one rose and handing it to me, "That's for losing my temper," He hands me another, "That's for yelling at you," And another, "That's for what I said about your anxiety," Another, "That's for storming off," He hands me the final rose, "And that's for not apologizing sooner, because I could have lost the most important person in my life."

I stare in awe at the roses, feeling heat rise to my cheeks. He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, waiting for me to speak. Instead, I jump towards him, wrapping him in a hug as I start crying again, "I love you, Roman. And I'm sorry too."

He returns the hug, "You should have your license removed because you're driving me crazy," He mumbles with a snicker.

"You corny, romantic, dork," I say, laughing.

"Hey, I'm the corny, romantic, love of your life!" He declares, feigning offense. Patton squeals from behind me, successfully ruining the moment.

We both look at him, "Sorry, I'll leave you two alone now."

"How about we have a movie night and cuddles?" Roman suggests as Patton drives off.

I rest my head on his shoulder, "That might be the best idea you've ever had," He scoffs and splutters about some of his other ideas, but stops when I drag him inside.

I put on Black Cauldron and sit down next to him on the couch, our couch, and he pulls me to his chest, "I love you, Virgil," He mumbles and leans down slightly. I smile and close the gap between us, sharing a sweet kiss as the movie starts. I pull away after a minute, and cuddle up against his chest, listening to his heartbeat as we watch the movie, agreeing silently to put the fight behind us. 

A/N: First oneshot, let's go!!!! Idk where this idea came from, but I thought it was cute