Ranked Pt. 2 {Demus}

Third Person (Btw AE stands for Abilities Education, so this au's equivalent of PE basically)

Remus relaxed against the back wall of the school, running a hand through his hair. Keeping up your appearance takes so much work, he doesn't know how Roman does it so effortlessly. At least he could take a breath out here without choking on the crappy perfume of girls he only learned the names of so he would know them for when they inevitably approached him again. Why couldn't he just be homeschooled again? That would be so much easier.

"And here I was thinking AE was a required class," His head snaps over to a kid wearing a black leather jacket and jeans, yellow shirt, and a striped beanie. The kid leaned against the wall nonchalantly, barely seeming to take notice of how much he had startled the other.

Remus took the opportunity to straighten up, already not liking the look of this kid. Well, his looks weren't necessarily the problem. Actually, he was kinda hot- Nope, no way. This kid is bad news personified and there was something about him that worried Remus, "I have a pass."

"Even with a pass I'm sure the teacher would want you to stay within her sights," Sh!t.

"Well at least I have one, unlike you. Let me guess, you're skipping class and are probably gonna smoke, vape, or just skip the rest of your classes?" Remus asks, suddenly much more interested in the class he left. Watching people show off with their abilities would be a lot less...problematic than this conversation.

Janus snorts derisively, "You're even more defensive than I would've guessed, now why is that? You got somethin' to hide pretty boy?" He took a step closer, letting his normally green eye flash yellow while his other eye stayed a boring brown.

Despite the fact that it felt like this kid was towering over him, and because he called him pretty, Remus found himself getting angry, "I'm not getting defensive-"

"Said the defensive one," Janus cut in with a smirk.

"I don't need to be accused of skipping school by some low-life that'll never amount to anything more than a deceptive snake," He knew he had probably gone too far by bringing up the mark that covered almost half of Janus's face, but right now he was more concerned with keeping his composure and secrets.

Without looking back, he stormed back inside the gym doors, giving the teacher a half-a$$ed excuse about having to throw something away. Meanwhile Janus wasn't upset, almost the opposite actually. Remus may be dangerous deep down, but he was kind of an idiot. After all, he fell right into Janus's trap.

It appears the Sanchez boy doesn't want people to know what his ability is. Or maybe he doesn't even have one. That would be ridiculous though, everyone had an ability, everyone that Janus knew anyway. He may not learn much from school but the one thing all those old farts seemed to agree on was that everyone has an ability. The guy might just have a completely useless or embarrassing power, one that daddy dearest might not want people to know about if Remus is the heir to his company. It would be more than a little underwhelming if the new CEO to what is probably the most successful company in the US had the ability to conjure fruit-flavored bubbles.

All he had to do was figure out what Remus's ability was, which couldn't be too hard if the boy was as easy to manipulate as he seemed. Abilities were typically tied to your emotions, like if Janus was feeling threatened then he'd use his power. It's possible that his power was one of the constants, an ability that's always in use. Virgil for example can't get rid of the numbers that hover peoples' shoulders. So if he had a constant ability it would be harder to figure out what it was, but those are usually boring and non-threatening so it probably wasn't that.

"What are you trying to hide, Remus Sanchez?" He says to himself, smirking as he walks off.

- - -

"Hey~ pretty boy," Janus drawls, purposefully getting on Remus's nerves. Over the years he had learned that p!ssing a person off was one of, if not the best method for getting someone to use their ability.

"What do you want from me?" Remus asks, his face an embarrassing shade of red. Normally he'd have no problem brushing something like this off, but it had been a long day and he was already sick of waiting for Roman to get his stupid a$$ out here so they could leave.

"What a temper," Janus scolded, "Doesn't sound like something a future CEO should have. Random question; who do you think your dad will choose to take over the company, seeing as you and Roman are twins and such?" He asks, targeting what he assumes is a sensitive spot for the boy.

Remus gathers his stuff and stands up, "It's not exactly up to me who he chooses, but if he's as smart as everyone seems to think he'll recognize that Roman is completely incapable of running a business. As for you I suggest you stop bothering me before I pull your spine out piece by piece like you're a human Pez dispenser," He said threateningly, his eyes flashing a dark green for a split second as he steps closer, forcing Janus closer to the wall. 

"Now now, if you do that then I'm sure your dad will make the 'stupid' decision," Janus replies smoothly, using air quotes and everything. This may be one of his dumber ideas but he was confident that the guy wouldn't do sh!t, even if they were alone and out of sight. He could very well be wrong, given Virgil's assessment of him and the non-preppy, kinda disturbing threat.

"Damn you're hot," He growls, pulling Janus into a passionate kiss.

The usually intimidating boy lets out an embarrassing squeak. It seems the new kid had more than one secret if you know what I'm saying. He had failed to set off Janus, Virgil, and Remy's gaydars so it's safe to say that he isn't out yet. Too quickly, Remus pulls away. He figuratively puts his 'good kid' mask on again, taking a step back and walking off without looking at Janus.

"Holy sh!t."

A/N: Uploading this today in the off chance I finish part 3 by the end of this weekend. Can you tell how excited I am about this mini-story?? XD