Satisfied {Prinxiety}

A/N: I know this starts off as unrequited Analogical, so if you don't like that sorry. I promise it becomes Prinxiety because I don't ship Analogical. (Sorry to those that were hoping to see that ship in this book)

Virgil's POV

Patton had once again dragged me to a party where men and women alike would flirt relentlessly with me, even when I have no interest in them. He goes off to the buffet while I walk around fighting a panic attack. I ignore the advances of several people that are just interested in my looks or my family's status. My attention is drawn to a scrawny guy with glasses that seems much quieter than his friends. He notices me looking at him and walks over for some reason, it's almost like some people aren't afraid of social interaction.

"Salutations, I am Logan Hamilton," He greets, kissing the back of my hand and I swear my mind just shuts off.

"Virgil Schuyler," I respond after a minute of just creepily staring at him.

He nods to himself, "Pardon me, but you seem upset."

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean," I tell him, confused as to what he's getting at. If he's pointing out how hopelessly single I am then oh well, I've already noticed that.

Instead of answering he asks, "Would you like to dance? I understand in these situations it is customary to do so."

I nod, and allow him to lead me out onto the dance floor, if you could even call it that, "You never explained what you meant earlier," I point out as he starts us off in a box-step.

"I recognized the nature of your gaze. Even with all of these people to choose from, you wouldn't be happy with any of them, would you?" He questions, surprising me.

"You say that like you've felt that way," I say, calling him out.

"I feel that way right now, most of the people here are absolute imbeciles," He comments, scoffing. At least I'm not the only one that sees how stupid half these people are, and it just so happens that the person agreeing with me is really good looking. The music ends too soon, and he excuses himself to deal with a drunk 'associate' of his.

I smile dumbly as he walks away, going to find Patton and gossip about the interesting man that I may or may not have already developed a small crush on. Patton's always been better at handling emotions, and I figured he'd appreciate me being confident enough to talk about boys with him.

Once I find him by the shrimp, he's staring slack-jawed at someone, "Who are you looking at?" I ask, mocking his overbearing mother tone.

"Who is that?" He asks, pointing at someone in the crowd. I follow his gaze to an all-too familiar glasses wearing poor boy.

"Logan Hamilton?" I question, hoping I'm wrong.

"If that's the name of the brunette with glasses and navy blue suit, then yes," Oh sh!t.

If Patton finds out that I like him then he'd practically torture himself just to give me a chance with him. Not to mention Logan is dirt poor if his washed out clothes and thin frame is any indication, and unless I go to war, marrying someone rich is the only way for me to maintain my family's status. Of course, Patton can marry whoever he wants without being considered a disappointment.

Before I can change my mind, I walk over to Logan, and grab his hand without warning, "Virgil? Where are you taking me?"

"I'm about to change your life," I say confidently, hoping to take some satisfaction in setting him and Patton up instead of trying to take him for myself.

He seems taken aback, "Then by all means lead the way."

I take over to a panicking Patton, and gesture for him to introduce himself, "Um hello, I'm Patton Schuyler."

"Schuyler?" He questions looking to me for an explanation.

"My brother."

"Well, it is a pleasure to meet you Patton," He says, leaning down to kiss Patton's knuckles the same way he did with me. Of course, he didn't look so starstruck with me, and I know I've made the right choice.

"I'll leave you two to it," I say, taking my leave before I break down in front of them.

- - -

About seven months later, and they're already getting married, yippee right? I haven't been able to get over my crush, and Patton had to make me his best man so I couldn't just hide out in the corner of the reception, or better yet not go. I focus on looking happy for the soon-to-be married couple during the ceremony.

I hope that by some luck everyone will be too distracted by the venue or alcohol to remember that I'm supposed to speak, "Alright, alright! I think it's time we hear the best man speak," Some guy that I don't even know says, getting everyone's attention. Great.

I reluctantly stand and go to the center of the room, "I'd like to give this toast to both of the grooms, Patton my brother and Logan my friend," Holy hell it hurts to say that, "To your union, and the Revolution we're all living through. To the hope that you can make each other happy," I recite, taking a drink to end the toast. To be honest I forgot anything else I was supposed to say while I was concentrating on keeping my hands steady enough to avoid spilling wine everywhere. Everyone takes a drink and seeing the look on Patton's face makes it worth it.

The excited chatter returns to the room and I take my chance to slip out for some fresh air. I hope he makes you happy Logan, happier than I could've. I take a long drink from my glass while leaning against the wall of the venue.

"Hello?" Someone says, surprising me.

I turn and see the guy that started the toast earlier, "Oh, hi."

"Is everything alright? I couldn't help but notice your sudden departure."

"I just needed some air," I lied.

"You don't seem too sure of that," He says with a smirk, "I'm Roman, Roman Prince," He offers me his hand to shake, "If there's something wrong then I wouldn't mind listening, everyone needs someone to talk to."

"Y'know what? Screw it. I fell for the man my brother just married," I tell him simply, hoping that he'll leave me alone. The guy, Roman, was good looking and I can feel the wine taking effect, so I'd like to avoid another Logan situation.

Instead of ridiculing me he says, "I'm sorry to hear that. You must care about your brother a lot to still show up at his wedding though."

"Yeah, a lot of good that'll do me though," I mutter bitterly.

"It just shows that you're a good person, people will appreciate that," He tells me.

My face heats up and I decide to pour out the rest of my drink in the grass to save myself from disaster, "Are you one of those people?"

He looks at me for a second, "Yes. I can honestly say that me and my twin would never do something like that for each other."

"Well Patton is the sweetest guy ever, he deserves the world. And if Logan can give it to him then I'm all for it," I say.

Roman drapes an arm over my shoulder, "Sounds like you don't give yourself enough credit. I'm sure Patton thinks of you the same way. Heck, I do and we've only just met," How is this guy so confident and smooth?!

"Oh yeah? And how many people do you use that same line on in a day?" This guy is a total flirt and I don't need this guy to feign interest in me, that'll only make me feel worse when he leaves.

"On average? Zero. You seem like a great person, attractive, and seeing you upset just bothers me," He 'straightens up to look at me dead in the eyes, "It's hard to believe that no one at that reception cared enough to follow you out here except me," He looks...genuinely upset, "I know love at first sight doesn't really exist, much as I wish it did, but I really think I'll like you if I get to know you better. So, would you like to go to dinner with me sometime?"

I guess this isn't a joke then, "I'd like that."