You Are My Sunshine {Logicality}

Third Person

He remembers the first time they kissed. Patton had come out to his parents only to be met with confusion and disgust. The fatherly friend had taken off through the group of trees behind his house, crossing the woods to Logan's house. Logan had been, like always, reading on the back porch when a tired and crying Patton showed up.

Despite his lack of understanding when it came to feelings, he comforted his friend to the best of his abilities, convincing him that his parents were in the wrong. If they couldn't accept him, then that was on them, because he was perfect just the way he is. Logan didn't know why he did it, but he ended up kissing Patton. It was...nice.

Sure, they'd have some explaining to do since Patton didn't want to be around his parents at the moment, but Logan didn't mind. In fact, he went with the shorter in case his parents were dangerous or if Pat simply needed help carrying some of his stuff. Logan knew either way that he wouldn't let Patton get hurt or taken away, his parents could take him in if necessary. 

It was all going to be okay, he was going to make sure of it.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

He remembers moving into an apartment with Patton for college. They had been dating for approximately two years now but they couldn't deny that moving in was a big step. The apartment may have been small, and arguably dangerous if the smell was any indication, but they were together. And with a little help from Logan's parents, they were able to fix up the place pretty nicely.

Their relationship was perfect. If Patton ever needed help with homework, Logan would be right there to help. When Logan got home from his final class, there'd always be a warm meal waiting on the table or in the microwave for him, no matter how late it was.

You make me happy, when skies are gray

He remembers the first time they said 'I love you.' Logan wasn't even sure if Patton was aware that he said it. The other was so tired after the two had been studying for their big test. That was mostly Logan's fault though, as he had basically forced his boyfriend into staying up. He did feel bad though so he carried Patton to bed.

It was just a sleepy, "I love you," But there are no words to describe how much they meant to him. 

Even if Patton hadn't meant to say it, he figured he could say it back, having no doubt that he loved this man. And if Patton didn't remember saying anything in the morning, that'd be fine too. Instead, Patton smiled, curling further into his nerdy boyfriend and falling asleep almost immediately. It was perfect. And he'd get to experience times like this for the rest of his life.

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

He smiled at the man in front of him, it had been too long since he last visited. When he was asked what was wrong, he just shook his head with a smile, wanting to appreciate the moment without worrying him. Logan knew that Patton already had enough on his plate, so he didn't want to upset him somehow. Realistically, Logan knew that being here after all this time wasn't exactly healthy. He couldn't recall the last time he had spoken to anyone else, such as Roman and Virgil.

Patton smiled softly, as if he already knew what Logan was thinking, "You can't keep doing this Lo," He says, brushing back some of Logan's hair.

"I know," He mumbles, but it's not like he would do anything to change, "I just need some more time."

"You say that every time you come here," Patton points out, staring fondly at the man in front of him, "You look tired Lo."

There's no point lying to him, "I am tired."

"Why don't you go home?" Patton suggests, "You know you can't stay here forever, no matter how much you want to," Logan wasn't sure when Patton got so good at reading him, it certainly didn't help in times like these, "You have to let me go."

"I know," He whispers, tears silently falling down his face.

Patton offers him a sad smile, and Logan simply watches as he disappears into thin air. Because despite what Logan would wish to believe, Patton was never really there, not really. He stared at the gravestone, the writing on which he had memorized ages ago.

                              'Patton Blake'

                                 1995-2018

The world's best boyfriend, gone too soon

So please don't take my sunshine away

A/N: Why are most of my logicality ideas angsty? I legit almost cried writing the gravestone part XD So yeah...sorry. To make up for it, I'll probably write some teeth-rotting fluff next. 

Quick explanation since this is kinda vague: Logan's thinking about some of the best times he had with Patton. The last bit is when Logan's visiting Patton's grave, who had died in a car crash some time before. Unable to 'let go' of Patton, he imagines that he was still there. So, the memories are real, the conversation with Pat at the end technically is not, it's all in Lo's head. Really dark, but with this song it's hard not to be.