Pure Skill {Logicality}

Logan's POV

"Ooh I have the perfect idea for a date!!" Patton exclaims excitedly, jumping up off the couch, leaving me confused.

"I was not aware that we were scheduled to go on a date today," I say, closing my book after marking my spot.

He giggles in response, causing my face to go as red as a Solanum lycopersicum, "We can go on unscheduled dates," He assures me, grabbing my car keys since I'd guess his own are in his dorm room.

He drags me out to my car, taking the driver's seat despite my general distrust of other peoples' driving skills, "May I ask where you're bringing us?" If he insists on commandeering my vehicle, I should be allowed to know the location he plans on taking us to.

"I was thinking we could go to the arcade," He replies, "You'd probably be amazing at the games and I find a lot of them fun, especially DDR!" He explains excitedly.

"I must admit that I have never been to an arcade before, but if you believe that we both would enjoy it I shall give you the benefit of a doubt," I inform him.

"I'm not sure I completely understand what you said but yay!!" He cheers, smiling brightly.

He brings us to the arcade, parking skillfully near the front and hopping out of my car as soon as he turns it off. I follow him into the arcade at a much calmer pace, fighting back a smile at my significant other's joy. I walk in to find him standing right inside and staring in awe at the 'retro' style of the establishment. I laugh lightly and trade in a ridiculous amount of money for some fake gold coins called 'tokens.' As soon as I have the tokens in hand, Patton drags me over to the Dance Dance Revolution machine, or DDR as it's commonly abbreviated to. I half-heartedly participate, preferring to keep at least some of my dignity.

Afterwards, he suggests I try Pac-Man, a relatively simple game where you avoid 'ghosts' and eat...dots? Only seconds into the game it is made painfully clear how stupid the ghosts' AI is, half the time they'll repeatedly go up and down two times for god's sake. This game is honestly a joke, and I beat the first level easily without losing a single life. The next several levels go the same way, and I hear Patton mention how high my score is getting. I look up at my increasing score, and though I didn't pay much attention to the scoreboard at the beginning, it did seem considerably high.

Eventually, I step back in an attempt to give my eyes some rest, "Why don't you take over for a bit?" I suggest.

Patton quickly jumps forward as the next level starts, "Sure, but there's no guarantee that I'll last very long," He laughs awkwardly as he starts directing the yellow circle through the maze. Explaining this game seems like a good way to end up in a mental hospital, especially if they are unfamiliar with it. Patton finishes up the game while I make sure my eyesight has not been damaged in any way, "See? I'm not as good at these games. What do you want to put for the name?"

"What name?" I ask, wondering if I heard him right.

"When you get a record, you're supposed to enter a three-letter name," He explains, pointing to the glowing screen.

Sure enough, there are three blank boxes and a keyboard below it, "I suppose we could somehow credit both of us?" I suggest.

"You did most of the work, I'd feel bad stealing the credit for it," He complains.

"From what I understand the later levels are harder, so you did contribute an honorable amount of work," I tell him, strangely upset by his lack of self-inclusion, "How about this?" I use the joystick to select the letters 'LXP' because from what I understand the letter x is commonly used between names to form a 'ship.'

"It's perfect," He admits, pulling me into a tight hug while I hit the 'Select' option. Once he releases me he pulls me into a kiss before I have time to react, "I love you," He declares, smiling brightly at my red face.

"Thanks." 

A/N: And we're back, sorta. I'm still probably only gonna post every few days