Couple's Costume {Logicality}

Third Person

It was that time of year again, Halloween. Patton didn't really like the scariness associated with the holiday but he loved dressing up, even as an adult. This year, he learned two of his best friends, Roman and Virgil, were doing a couple's costume. They had gotten together a little less than a year ago and, naturally, they were going as Christine and Jeremy (respectively). Roman of course was the theater kid of the two so he'd be Christine, and Virgil matched up pretty well to the socially awkward Jeremy, minus the being really tall thing.

The thing was, Patton wanted to do that. Not dress up as Jeremy and Christine thing, he wanted to do a couple's costume with someone, but he didn't have a boyfriend. He could ask Logan though! Logan hardly ever participated in Halloween, which means he'd be free to dress up with Patton! Problem solved, he'd just have to convince the glasses-clad bookworm. Then again, that would be no easy feat.

Logan by now would probably believe that dressing up was childish, so Patton would need the perfect costume idea if he'd get Logan to agree. So, that means he had a prince to visit. After twenty minutes of brainstorming ideas with his over dramatic friend, they had come up with the perfect couple's costume idea for him and Logan.

"Logan!!" Patton called, knocking on the man's door cheerfully.

A faint 'come in' can be heard from the inside of the room. Patton enters, "Yes Patton?" Logan asks, turning his attention away from his computer.

"Hey, I know you're probably busy but I was wondering if you were planning on dressing up for Halloween this year?" The younger asks hopefully, already knowing that he probably doesn't.

"No, I do not intend on dressing up for the month's festivities, seeing as that is childish at best and completely embarrassing and ridiculous at worst," Logan deadpans, keeping up his professional persona.

"Okay I get it, you don't like dressing up, but what if we went-" Patton cuts himself off with an excited squeal, "What if we went as Sherlock and Watson!!" He suggests loudly.

Patton's excitement only grows when Logan doesn't immediately shut the idea down, "I'm assuming that was Roman's idea, yes? While it would be fitting, I have better things to do than play dress up with my roommates," He turns his attention back to his work.

"But-" Patton's bottom lip started quivering, as if he was on the verge of tears, "I just thought it'd be a cute couple's costume idea, even if we're not together."

Logan freezes at the sound of Patton's voice, he knows that tone. He is immediately reminded of why no one can say no to Patton, "I never said it was not a 'cute' idea, but-"

"Then what's wrong with it? No one'll make fun of you or think less of you for it," Pat asks in this sad voice, making it hard for Logan to avoid eye contact. He's not stupid, as soon as he makes eye contact he'll give in, "Is it me?"

"It's not your fault-" God dammit, he looked. He just had to fall for it and therefore fall victim to Patton's secret weapon, his puppy dog eyes, "I just- hhggggnnn."

- - -

And that's how Logan ended up in a Sherlock costume, hat and all with a perky popstar by his side. When they came downstairs, Virgil could be seen handing Roman a five dollar bill. Secretly, the two of them had bet on whether Patton could convince the nerd to dress up. Roman, having helped Patton, knew that it would happen. He's fallen victim to the puppy eyes one too many times to doubt his fatherly friend.

"So, does this mean you two finally admit your feelings?" Emile asks happily, dressed up unsurprisingly as Steven Universe. Remy had come with him and simply had taped a paper to his shirt that said 'sleep' since he couldn't be bothered to dress up.

The two of the turned red, "That is preposterous, of course we have feelings for each other, it is impossible for humans to have no opinion of someone they spend so much time with," Logan argues, adjusting his scarf uncomfortably.

Patton giggles and kisses Logan on the cheek, "You're so cute when you're flustered."

Everyone's jaw simultaneously drops, except for Emile's because let's be honest, he can basically predict the future. Logan on the other hand, appeared to be rebooting. His mouth occasionally moved, but no sound came out and he hadn't so much as turned his head to look at the puffball, who was now resting his head on his shoulder.

Roman taps Logan on the shoulder, "You may want to ask him out now bud," He whispers not-so-subtly.

Instead of instantly snapping out of it like Roman thought, Logan frowned slightly, having decided something. He turns, making Patton have to hold up his own head. He places his hands on Patton's shoulders and pulls him into a kiss. Emile stifles a squeal as Patton overcomes his surprise and kisses back. Remy cheers, Roman gets a picture, and Virgil has Roman send him that picture for blackmail.

Johnlock shippers eat your heart out.

A/N: Yeah, I didn't know how to end this