Forgotten {Logicality}

Logan's POV

"Hello Patton, would you mind coming over to my house because..." I look at Roman for a reason, seeing as he's the idiot that planned this 'surprise party' for my boyfriend.

"Just say you need help cooking or something?!" He whispers harshly.

I sigh inaudibly, "I could use some assistance in cooking," I tell him.

"Oh, okay! Whatcha cookin?" He inquires, forcing me to come up with another lie.

"I was trying to replicate an old family recipe for pumpkin pie," It's only October third, so hopefully he believes that I have the necessary ingredients. I see Roman yell silently at me, mouthing something about that being the worst thing I could have said.

"Nice! I should be there in about ten minutes," He informs me before hanging up.

I set my phone down, "I cannot believe that worked."

"You doubted my amazing plan?!" Roman asks, offended.

"Yes."

- - -

Precisely twenty-seven minutes later, Patton has yet to arrive, "I'm sure he just got stuck in traffic," Roman assures us.

My phone starts ringing, and I check it, finding myself hoping that it was Patton. Instead, it is an unsaved number. Not thinking much of it, I answer, "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Logan Smith?" A lady asks from the other end.

"Yes, may I ask who you are?" I ask, wary of the stranger's reason for calling.

"My name is Amy, I work at Everett Hospital, and I'm calling because you're Patton Baker's emergency contact," Amy informs me, making my blood figuratively go cold.

"Is he alright?" Who am I kidding of course he isn't, that's why a hospital worker is currently on the phone with me.

"Paramedics brought him in after a car accident was reported, he's being treated now," She explains.

"Alright, thank you for telling me," I reply, hanging up.

A strange feeling bubbles up inside me, and I slowly set down my phone. I'm pretty sure that I'm going into shock, but I can't find the will to snap out of it. I was on the phone with him not even an hour ago, and now he's being treated for who knows how many injuries.

"Logan? Everything okay?" Roman asks from the couch, sounding much farther away. I shake my head, staring blankly down at the floor, "What is it?" He asks from next to me, and I can't seem to remember when he and Virgil stood up.

"Patton's in the hospital, car accident," I replied.

Apparently sensing that I am incapable of saying more, Roman simply grabs his car keys as Virgil helps me up. They end up driving me to the hospital, giving me time to work through everything. Once at the hospital, I've recovered enough to walk in and ask the receptionist for Patton on my own.

He directs me to a room on the third floor, and I show up just as a doctor leaves the room, "Oh, hello are you here for Patton?" They ask.

"Yes, am I allowed to see him?" I ask, not sure if I'd listen if they say no.

"Of course, he is awake," I go to walk in before the non-binary stops me, "But, I should warn you that from what I gathered from my conversation with him, he doesn't remember much if anything."

"You're saying he developed amnesia from the crash?" I mumble, unsure if I actually want to hear the answer.

"Yes, he remembered his name but nothing else except a couple random minor events," They explain sympathetically.

I nod, "Alright, I'll keep that in mind," I tell them, going into the room. I see Patton sitting up the bed, wearing a hospital gown. He's staring out the window, probably focusing on the bluebird sitting on the windowsill, "Bluebirds have a maximum speed of seventeen miles per hour."

"What?" He asks, turning towards me.

"I was simply sharing a fact to make my presence known without scaring you," I explain, feeling strangely awkward around Patton since he doesn't remember me.

"Oh, interesting. I'm guessing that you're someone I know," I nod, "Sorry, I don't remember you," He admits sadly.

"It makes sense, you obviously hit your head in the accident and developed amnesia," I respond, not sure how to talk to him, "Well, I'm Logan, Logan Smith...your boyfriend."

He tenses up slightly, "What?" He whispers.

"I understand that you don't remember, but the two of us are in a romantic relationship," I explain calmly,not wanting to force him into anything.

"Since when?" Patton asks, "Sorry I just want to be sure you're telling the truth."

"Don't worry, you asked me out precisely three hundred and forty-one days ago after Roman and Virgil got into a fight and you were upset. I realized that I returned your feelings and two days later we had our first date at the Cup 'O Joe cafe," I tell him, smiling at the memory.

"And why did you say yes?" He asks, fidgeting with the sheets.

"Pardon?" I ask, confused by the question.

He sighs, trying to find the right words, "Why did you want to date me?"

"First of all, I did and still want to date you. Second, I already said that I have feelings for you. And third, you are an amazing person that tells the most insufferable puns, but knowing you love me is the greatest honor I can receive," I tell him, taking his hands in mine.

He blushes at my words, "O-oh. And who are Roman and Virgil?"

"They're our friends, and are also dating. I believe that by now they should be waiting outside," I inform him.

"How long do you think it'll take me to remember?" He asks sadly.

"I am not sure, it varies from case to case. However, I know you will remember one day," I reply, hoping that reassures him. He holds up his arms, "What?"

"I don't know, but right now I just want to hug you," And that's all I need to hear. I adjust so we can comfortably wrap our arms around each other, and he buries his face in the crook of my neck, "Thanks Logan."

"It's no problem Patton, I would gladly do anything for you." 

A/N: Longest non-prinxiety chapter! Hah, don't get used to it. I would've written another oneshot today but I was busy watching Hamilton.