Hopeless Romantic {Prinxiety}

Third Person's POV

"Virgil you'll never guess what just happened!!" Roman ran up to Virgil, preparing to gush about his latest crush.

"Hmm, you saw a cute guy and now you're convinced that he likes you?" Virgil guesses, already familiar with the little routine they had.

Every day after school the two would meet at one of the picnic tables outside and Roman would go off about someone. They were always the first two out there, and once anyone else in their friend group showed up the two would start talking about someone else. Roman and Virgil were best friends after all, and they couldn't trust the others not to reveal their secrets so that's why they had each other.

"Well yeah, but I know he does this time! You know Ryan in history? He was totally staring at me throughout the entire class, and I heard he just came out as bi!" He says, as if that's all the evidence he needs.

Virgil nods, "Right...just like how Patton was totally staring at you during science so you started crushing on him when it turns out he was just trying to see the board?"

He was used to the whole 'crush of the week' tangents Roman would go off of but some were really starting to get to him. I mean why wouldn't Ryan or anyone else in this school, gay or not, like him? He was tall, athletic, confident, funny, perfect, he was the perfect guy, unless you were a straight girl. This happened to be the reason Virgil had such a love-hate relationship with these talks. Sure, he wanted Roman to be happy but at the same time, he wanted to be the one Roman was fantasizing about.

Of course, this would never happen, at least not in Virgil's mind. To Roman, they were only friends. Sure, Roman could tell the boy anything and was closer to him than his own brother but he didn't like him like that. He would never like him like that.

"I admit, Patton may not have liked me but you didn't see the way Ryan was looking at me," He insists, even though Virgil had in fact seen the way Ryan stared.

"Suuuurreeee," Virgil agrees sarcastically, rolling his eyes as he watches some of their other friends approach.

- - -

"I'm so confused," Roman complains, hiding his red face in his backpack.

Despite already having a good idea as to what answer he'd get, Virgil asked, "About?"

"In study hall Janus was being all flirty. He asked if I could help him with math, MATH! I suck at math, everyone knows that, so why would he ask me? Then he also laughed at every joke I made, even though I have to admit they weren't very funny. Do you think he likes me?" Roman rambles to his anxious companion.

Virgil shrugged, "Why don't you find out? Just ask for his number or something tomorrow it can't be that hard for you Princey."

"You know what? Maybe I will! Unless that cute barista from Starbucks uses another pick-up line on me," He reasons.

"You mean Remy? He flirts with everyone, and he has a boyfriend," Remy and Emile were one of the more unlikely relationships Virgil knew of because of their differences, but Remy wasn't a cheater.

Roman flops down, laying dramatically against Virgil's shoulder "I know..."

"Man, you really fall for every guy you see don't you?" Every guy except Virgil apparently.

"Sadly, yes," Roman agrees.

- - -

"Why won't anyone date me!?!" Roman whines one day, plopping down at their usual spot.

Virgil sighs, knowing that when Roman got this down in the dumps the only solution was a night of ice cream, warm blankets, and Disney movies, "It's their loss if they don't like you, why don't we go to your place and watch," Crap, what Disney movies don't feature true love, "Peter Pan."

Sure, Peter and Wendy might have a thing but Peter is eternally a kid which makes it very illegal no matter how you look at it. So, hopefully Roman wouldn't have a problem watching that particular movie.

"Okay," He mumbles, letting Virge basically drag him to his own house.

The two sat down, with Virgil going around to get the necessary items that would cheer up the Prince kid after putting the movie in so he wouldn't have to wait for the credits. He soon joined Roman on the couch, the two wrapped up in heavy blankets with a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table in front of them.

Roman pulls Virge into a hug, craving human contact at the moment, "Thanks Vee, you're a really good friend."

Friend, that's all he sees me as, Virgil thinks to himself bitterly, hiding his face in Roman's neck before he can get concerned. What he didn't notice however, was the way Roman's face heated up slightly at what was the most adorable thing he had ever seen from the anxious highschooler.

Huh, he thinks, that's new.

A/N: Damn, twenty oneshots and at least three more plans. Screw all of you for not giving me requests, I'm doing fine. Also, I'll probably do a part two to this