Chapter 10

The shift was about to end when Sullivan broke the news that they would have 2 days off. Then Ben's phone rings, it was Miranda, her waters broke, she was about to give birth. Ben, with a super smile on his face, told his companions that the baby girl was about to be born and ran away.

Everyone else stayed in the kitchen for breakfast, then, as the shift was over, went to change clothes and headed to Dean's house waiting for a phone call from Ben.

The hours passed, but still no news. So they decided to go to the hospital. Once they arrived in the hospital they waited in the waiting room for another two hours, then Ben came out and exclaimed "Daniela was born". Everyone was so happy, they hugged Ben and congratulated him. As soon as possible, they also went to greet Miranda and see little Daniela. She was born recently, but was already spoiled by all her uncle firefighters and doctors. Miranda's room was filled with flowers and cuddly toys which had both a fireman's and a doctor's uniform. Miranda and Ben were in seventh heaven!

Miranda and Daniela had to make visits, so Ben went with the whole team to celebrate. They went to a bar to drink. Vic, Andy and Maya, after drinking a few glasses, as soon as they heard the music start, they went wild. The boys looked at them and had fun.

"That woman is so sensual!" he thought to himself if Robert.

The girls continued to dance most of the evening, while the boys had a few beers. After a couple of hours Ben returned to the hospital, Dean took Travis and Jack home, while Robert took the girls back. Once they arrived at their palace, Andy asked Robert if he wanted to stay with her, but he pointing to the girls sitting behind he wasn't sure, he didn't want to reveal their secret.

M: "If you want to remain Chief there are no problems".

R: "What? You know that? Did you tell Andy?"

A: "I didn't say anything to them".

M: "We are her best friends, there was no need to tell her, we understood it a long time ago".

V: "Since we returned from the fire in Los Angeles, you have been different. There are no problems for us. And ... rest assured no one else knows".

M-V: "Andy, however, the three of us talk tomorrow".

A: "Ohhh okay, but now come down, we will soon go up too. Good night".

M-V: "Good night to you both".

S: "Good night".

After 10 minutes Andy and Sullivan also went up to the house and went directly to her room. They were both very tired, after a few kisses, he surrounded his arms around her, she rested her head on his chest and they fell asleep. On waking up, after remaining a little longer in bed to pamper themselves, they went to the kitchen to have breakfast. Robert didn't feel like staying there again, he felt embarrassed with Vic and Maya since they learned about their story. He kissed Andy, told her they would see each other later if he wanted and went back to his house. Meanwhile in the kitchen, those two gossips had already prepared a cup of coffee for Andy and were ready to hear the whole story. They wanted to know everything down to the smallest detail.

M-V: "Spit the toad Andy! We want to know everything, absolutely everything!" they said in chorus laughing.

A: "First I have to have coffee, change myself.."

M: "Oh no no, no excuse. You have your coffee there, start talking. When did it happen?"

A: "And that's fine, I tell you everything, almost everything".

The girls made themselves comfortable on the sofa waiting for Andy's story, they were very curious.

Andy begins to tell the story: "It all happened when we were in Los Angeles. When we were on patrol at one point the flames came towards us, the only safe place was to jump into a swimming pool that was in a house and so we did. While we were underwater holding my breath there was a moment when.. I don't even know how to describe it, it's as if our memories had come to mind, we looked each other intensely in the eyes, I was afraid, but he is calmed me. Once back in Seattle when you went all the house we were left to finish fixing the equipment, we looked at each other, we wanted to talk about what had happened, but we didn't, we kissed and we were together until the morning after. Things were going well, then one day it was different, he had received Dixon's call and possible promotions, he wanted it and thought that our story would be a problem. That's why I was at home sick, I didn't want to see him, I was hurt, I had never been so bad for anyone. While I was at home I realized that I was really in love with him".

Vic interrupts her for a moment: "So it's because you had a fight that he was so asshole with us in the barracks.. Now we understand many things!"

Andy, after a laugh, continued: "One morning I found myself at the door and when he saw me he seemed shocked. I had the neighbor's baby in my arms and I was covered in blood. She got hurt with a glass and I helped her, I kept the children until she returned and I cleaned the blood. Then I went back home, but I couldn't leave the two children alone so I still hadn't changed. Robert then helped me on that day, even though I was still mad at him I needed help. With him who was with the children, I finally managed to take a shower, I had left the door half closed, I knew he was looking at me.." all three burst out laughing. "When I got out of the shower I found him in the kitchen preparing lunch and playing with the children. Then in the afternoon we sat on the sofa, I think I fell asleep on him. When the children returned home I didn't notice, I was still sleeping, he thought about it. When I woke up, I just wanted to talk, but it didn't happen".

M: "Let's imagine what happened Andy, we saw all your clothes scattered all over the house!" at that moment Andy was blushing, she only wanted to sink into a pillow.

V: "Come on, give us all the details, you know we're curious".

A: "Hey all the details, no, I won't tell you certain things!" they laughed again. Andy then continues "Even if we were together we hadn't clarified, I wanted to talk to him, but then you came to the house and we couldn't. The next morning, when I left that note on the table, before the shift I went to his house, we clarified and we decided to keep the secret with everyone. I'm sorry but I couldn't tell you, but you had understood so much!" as he finished speaking he was fiddling with his bracelet, obviously this did not escape either.

M-V: "What about that? It's new? Who gave it to you? "

A: "Of course you don't miss anything eh! This is a gift from Robert. Do you remember the bouquet of red roses in my office after the promotion? Well. They were on his part. In addition there was also a box with this". He showed the girls the bracelet with the words "Captain Andrea Herrera". Then he continued: "And the rest you know. Maya did you know I was with him last night in the barracks when my father told me about cancer. He was there with me all night without saying anything, I felt protected in his arms, I was safe. This is how it makes me feel every day. I am really in love with him. End of the story". The whole time he has told their story, he hasn't been able to stop smiling even for a moment.

Maya and Vic were so happy,they would both help keep the secret. They then spent the whole afternoontogether, when evening came, Andy was preparing a bag, she would stay withRobert until the next shift. They said goodbye and Andy went to Robert.

This is not my native language, sorry if there are mistake.

The next chapter will be published on Thursday ;)