Chapter 18

When Andy woke up she noticed that she was alone in the bed and then heard noises coming from the kitchen downstairs. She got out of bed, changed and put on a pair of shorts and a tank top and then joined Robert downstairs. Once she got to the kitchen she saw Robert turned from behind wearing just a pair of sweatpants and was cutting fruit to make one of his famous smoothies. Andy walked over to Robert and hugged him from behind.
R: "Hey you woke up"
A: "Why didn't you stay in bed?"
R: "My leg was bothering me a little and I went down so as not to wake you up"
A: "Is it better now?"
R: "Yes yes, I took one of the prescribed pills, then I started making a smoothie to bring you, but you woke up earlier.."
A: "You never made me one, I can't wait to taste it, and.. if you want I'll go back upstairs so you can bring it to me"
R: "Now that you are here help me" he gave her a kiss and made her sit on one of the stools that was around the kitchen island.
A: "Oh I don't even think about helping you, I prefer to sit here and watch you"
R: "Do you like what you see?"
A: "A lot. You should stay like this more often"
Robert continued making smoothies while occasionally handed Andy strawberries. Once they were ready they sat together on the sofa to drink them.
A: "It's great, you should make them more often"
R: "I'll make them for you whenever you want"
After resting it was time to get ready. Andy was the first to take a shower while Robert stayed behind to fix the kitchen. Once he's finished in the kitchen he joined Andy in the shower. She was almost done when she felt two hands resting on her hips. She knew that if she stayed in the shower with him it could only end one way, but they didn't have time, so she decided to go out and leave him there alone. Before starting to dress she decided to dry her hair and put on makeup. When he was in the room, while Robert was getting dressed, he dropped his towel on the floor and then put on the underwear in the most seductive way possible.
R: "Don't do that"
A: "So how?"
R: "Do everything in that sexy way. If you keep going you know we'll be late"
A: "We won't be late. This is just what awaits you when we get home"
R: "I hope the evening ends as soon as possible"
Andy put on his suit. It was blue in color with a large slit on the right leg that left it completely uncovered. She then wore various bracelets including the one given to her when she became captain, the ring that had been given to her by Pruitt and obviously Robert's necklace could not be missing. Instead Robert was dressed in a blue suit with a white shirt.
R: "Wow, you look beautiful Andy"
A: "You look very good dressed like this too"
R: "Ready to go?"
A: "Very ready, let's go"
Andy and Robert were the last of the team to arrive at the event and when they entered all eyes were on them. They looked like the perfect couple, both dressed in blue and she was holding onto his arm. Once he reached the table where everyone was already seated, Andy got a lot of compliments on how she was dressed, especially from Jack. The conversation then moved on to the various calls they had made, especially the funniest and strangest ones. Miranda and Ben showed many photos of their little girl and told of how little they slept at night, Ben said he slept more in the barracks on shifts than at home. They made the acquaintance of Maya's new girlfriend, Carina who worked at Gray Sloan and shortly afterwards, Jackson who was with Vic joined them. Occasionally they also listened to the boring speeches that Dixon made for all the guests. Guests occasionally asked the various firefighters at work for something, while others danced. While they talked Andy and Robert could not help but touch, their hands intertwined secretly under the table, resting one on the leg of the other, especially that of Robert who was stroking Andy's bare leg. It was all so exciting to do things secretly. Then Travis notices the ring Andy is wearing.
T: "Andy, don't you have anything to tell us?" * He said pointing to the ring. "Who's the lucky one? Who's hiding from us"
A: "It was my mother's ring, I thought you could wear it for tonight. I'm not hiding anyone then" she answered lying.
Jack asked Andy if he would like to dance, but she refused. Of course she wanted to dance but not with him, she wanted to dance only with Robert. Dixon came to them who needed Andy and Robert. The two stood up and Robert unknowingly placed a hand on Andy's back and then followed Dixon. He had called them to introduce them to important people so they could donate more money to the department. After all the pleasantries Robert asked Andy to dance and without any hesitation she accepted. It was a slow dance, she put her arms around his neck as he put his hands one on his hip and the other on his lower back. Sweet words whispered to each other throughout the dance. All this, however, did not go unnoticed by their friends. Jack was visibly bothered by the situation.
J: "Luckily he didn't want to dance" he said in a rather annoyed tone.
M: "Leave her alone Jack, you can't keep doing this with her. You're done, stop"
J: "I do what I want. Do you know something we all need to know?"
M: "No" then took Carina by the hand and they went dancing too.
After the dance, Andy and Robert went back to their friends' table, but they were soon forced to leave. Dixon returned to them again.
D: "Sullivan, Herrera I'm sorry to spoil your evening but I need you"
S: "What happens?"
D: "I need a Battalion Leader and a Captain for a fire that just happened. Unfortunately, whoever was supposed to go tonight is here and they had a drink, you are the best. Can you go even if it's not your team?"
H-S: "No problem Sir"
D: "Thank you. I'll send the address to your phones"
H-S: "Ok" After the dance Andy and Robert went back to their friends' table, but they were soon forced to leave. Dixon returned to them again.
As they get up to go out, Andy noticed that he had left his jacket in the car and Robert saw it, took off his jacket and put it over his shoulders.
Travis, seeing the scene said: "Who is betting on those two? They would be very good together" indicating Andy and Robert who were leaving.
D: "I'm there. I'm aiming for a future couple"
B: "Andy and the Chief? No come on!"
T: "Do you bet well or not?"
B: "Ok ok, I'm in. I say no, both always follow the rules"
J: "For me there is nothing among them, he is his Boss! I point against them"
Maya has meanwhile returned to them with Carina and has never seen Andy or Sullivan again. They told her that Dixpn summoned them for a fire and then said they were making a bet on them. Maya looked at Vic, they knew something they couldn't bet, unless they bet the opposite. And so they did, Vic bet on the couple, while Maya didn't. They would have divided their winnings!
While their evening went on well, Andy and Robert on the other hand were very busy. There was a fire in a six-story building that was spreading to the building next door. Once they arrived on the scene, they introduced themselves and took command of the call. They gave the order to enter and to evacuate everyone both from that palace and from the adjacent buildings. The problem though is that on the fifth floor, which was the floor he started on, the fire was spreading pretty fast. The people who were on the sixth floor were the first to be taken out with those on the floor below, or so they believed. While they were trying to contain the fire only in that building without causing damage to the one next to it, a man in a panic began to scream that he could no longer find his wife. Andy walked over to the man to ask what was going on.
X: "My wife .. I can't find my wife .. I think she stayed inside"
A: "We've all evacuated, are you sure it's nowhere?"
X: "I don't ... can't find her"
A: "What floor did you live on?"
X: "On the fifth"
A: "That was the first one to be evacuated. Wait a minute" He called someone who had helped with that plan and asked if they'd taken everyone out. The answer was yes.
A: "Chief, that man over there can't find his wife he says he's still inside"
S: "Weren't they all taken out?"
A: "I was told yes, but if not? I don't know how they work, how can I be sure?"
But as Sullivan was about to answer they heard someone at the sixth floor window, it was that man's wife asking for help. But they could not do anything, the building was unusable and the staircase did not reach those heights, the only solution was to inflate the mattress and blow it up. While they were inflating the mattress they heard a small explosion from the building, the floor of the upper floors had collapsed and there was no trace of the woman. Andy couldn't rest for what had happened, he couldn't understand how they didn't save everyone, that woman didn't have to die because someone didn't do her job well. She went to her husband to apologize for everything, he only said one thing "My wife died because of you, you will pay me" then he left. When the fire was finally put out, Andy gathered everyone calling for the next morning to station 19 to better understand what had happened in there during the evacuation.
Once back home Andy was still shocked, in his mind echoing the cries for help of the woman. He went straight to his room where he undressed and went to take a shower. Robert who had seen her in those conditions joined her in the shower and without saying a word hugged her. With that hug she let go, she started blaming herself for what had happened, she thought it was just her fault. Robert kept telling her it wasn't her fault. Once out of the shower they get dressed for the night and went to bed.
A: "Sorry"
R: "Sorry for what?"
A: "The way tonight ended, the plans were different"
R: "You don't have to apologize for that. We're not together just for sex, but also for moments like these. I'll always be there for you"
A: ”Thank you"
R: "Now try to get some sleep, you need it" he said as he continued to hug and kiss her forehead.
A: "Robert?"
R: "mmh .."
A: "I love you"
R: "I love you too"
During the night Andy could not sleep he woke up often, he had nightmares. He kept hearing the screams and then the explosion. Robert tried every time to make her feel safe. The alarm went off early, Andy had summoned everyone to talk about the fire. He tried to get up without waking Robert but with little result. They both got ready and headed for the station.
What will happen now? Had the team worked really well? And how will the woman's husband take revenge?
The next chapter will arrive next Monday ⭐