Chapter 24

Blair POV

I stood on his doorstep clutching my bottle of Jacks and box of doughnuts, id already downed half the Jacks and eaten half the doughnuts and was feeling tipsy, it was a bad evening and that note pad and pen weren't cutting it.

So instead I showed up to Marshall's, because in all honestly I wanted to go to Alison's and Brad's house and set the motherfucker on fire.

I hadn't even bothered to ring and check if he was home, because let's be honest, if Marshall wasn't at the studio, he was in fact home, and it was Saturday, unless the man is sneaking out for a booty call, he's a hermit.

I had a sigh of relief when security let me though because it meant he was home.

After a few minutes the front door flew open, Marshall standing there confused and looking dressed up as if he was about to go out.

"Hot date Mathers?"

"Lucifer" He smirked "Say his name and he shall show his face, i was just thinking about you, I haven't heard from you"

"You scrub up okay, what's the occasion?"

Leaning forward he eyes me "Are you drunk?"

"I'm tipsy"

"Why are you showing up to my house drunk? What's wrong?"

"Where are you going?"

"Don't answer a question with a question, You know I fucking hate that sh..."

"I came from a lunch with the family, apparently my sweet old aunt decided it was going to be a surprise baby shower and no one felt the need to tell me"

"Oh" He he said, annoyed expression dropped, he looked down at his watch and then pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent a text, closing and locking his front door behind him he started to head to his car "Get in, we're going to a game party at Denaun's"

"What? Are you sure that's okay?" I Said, almost stumbling behind him.

His phone dinged and he checked it before opening the car door "Yes"

We both climbed into the car, putting the doughnuts in the back seat and I strapped the seat belt on and started to turn the music on.

"Is there going to be food?"

"Well yeah, I thought you said you came from lunch"

"I was so angry I didn't want to eat" I said, screwing the jacks lid about to take a swig, when Marshall rudely snatches the bottle of me, putting the lid back on and ditching it in the back.

I crossed my arms.

"What happened to writing shit down"

"I just attended my sisters baby shower, If I wrote how I feel down right now the book would catch on fire"

"Ok fair point, but still"

"Anyone I know at this thing?"

"A few, most in our circle from the old days, some newer ones, mostly guys, it is game night, some bring girlfriends and wives but not always"

"So what on a scale of 1 to behave am I looking at roughly"

"I don't have high hopes so just try and keep your clothes on"

"Can't make promises I can't keep"

———

People were all over the place, some watching the game some just socialising, Marshall being the boring old man he is was catching parts of the game between the socialising, or his version of it, which is pretty much ignoring people he doesn't know.