𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

Marshall POV

Walk On Water - Eminem

I stared at the water in front of me, desperately trying to tune out the deep throbbing ache inside my chest.

I had been a few hours since I left Blair.

I just couldn't stay.

I couldn't sit there listening to her sob.

I had tried to go to the studio and throw myself into my music, but I just couldn't stop the tears long enough to even write, besides the fact that I couldn't even think straight.

Blair's broken expression and sobs ran through my mind on repeat along with Dr Coleman's words.

I had seen her broken many times but this time it was different.

I caused it this time.

I broke her heart.

It all happened so fast.

One moment we were having a baby, and in the next... It was gone.

My chest heaved again and the heavy tears fell.

After leaving the studio I had found myself on a bench, watching the water at Belle Isle Park, where I had been sitting, crying, hating myself for what had happened for what felt like eternity.

I felt guilty for my initial reaction, now I felt guilty because the one thing she wanted was not only just in her reach but was now back to being untouchable.

My baby.

I don't even know if I could fix her this time.

I just left her there, sobbing with her broken heart.

She's going to hate me.

On the way here I contemplated stopping at the liquor store but somehow talked myself out of it, the fact that I was in so much pain, I almost gave up 12 years of sobriety.

I fucking hated it.

This world doesn't deserve Blair and her kindness, it kept fucking her, it wasn't fair.

She deserved to be a mother.

My face stung as the cold wind licked my raw cheeks, sensitive from the salt in my tears.

I haven't cried so much in years.

I haven't felt this amount of pain in years, not since the death of Proof.

I went from a state of bliss and excitement to a shattered heart in a matter in a matter of moments.

I ain't know what to do with a broken heart, not now that I'm sober.

I could only imagine this is what Blair felt like all those nights she sat up crying to me.

Now what?

How can I fix someone when I can't even deal with this taking hole myself?

I wanted to scream at the world.