𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Blair POV

The Light - Common & J Dilla

I walked into the Effigy foyer, waving to Erica behind the reception desk as I walked up leaning on it.

I liked Erica, she was a few years older then me, she was always super friendly to me, unlike most of the other women on the profession side of Marshall's life.

"They finished yet?"

"Hey B, they're still in the boardroom for the foundation meeting, its running over time, Mr Mathers said you can wait in his office if you want"

"Thanks girl, how're things, everything around here been good?"

She looked around and then leaned forward "He's been in an amazing mood all week, normally he yelling, storming around and working late, what did you do to him?"

I smirked and shrugged "I didn't do anything, we just had a good talk"

Erica looked at me scrunching her eyebrows confused sitting back in her chair "You what? Is that meant to be code for something finally?"

I rolled my eyes "No"

"B, I swear to god if I have to keep watching this" She pointed to me and then around, I assume to refer to Marshall "I will quit, it's painful to see this, just do it already, lock this down"

"Lock what down?" I heard Marshall's voice, which was followed by a low whistle, as I turned around to face him.

"Um, nothing" Erica said, quickly turning back to her computer with a smile.

"Damn, you dressed up all professional, I dig it"

"What, my street walking outfits no longer good enough for you?"

Marshall snorted "Only new favourite I have is those bodysuits"

Erica coughed from behind me, I turned and flared at her, turning back to Marshall who grinned at me then turned, gesturing for me to follow him to his office.

As we made out way up the corridors, Paul walking out of the board room, walking towards us.

"Good evening Blair, Marshall said you had an interview, how is the job search going?"

"I've had a few interviews, just waiting on some callbacks, nothing as of yet I'm afraid"

"You'll get there, oh, I want to introduce you to someone, Blair, this is Howard Hertz, Howard, this is Blair Daniels, one of Marshalls closest friends, she recently won the Rising Stars in Business award, given by The State Bar of Michigan, Blair, Howard is one of Marshalls Lawyers, he's also on the board of directors for the Marshall Mathers foundation"

I knew who he was, his name was huge, he represented a lot of high profile people, it was like meeting a celebrity he's that notorious.

"Yes, I do recall you being there Miss Daniels, it's a pleasure to meet you, I've heard whispers of your name around"

"It's lovely to meet you, Mr Hertz, All good I hope, and please, call me Blair" I laughed nervously.

It could go either way, I have done ALOT of shit in the last 10 months.

"And call me Howard! Any friend of Marshall and Pauls is a friend of mine! And Of course! mainly from your old co-workers at Strattern & Lewis, I play golf with Micheal and Clive, they were sorry to see you go, said you were one of their most passionate Lawyers"

"That's so kind of them, I do miss working for them, they taught me everything I know, my passion in my work is a credit to them really"

Howard nodded and thought for a moment before continuing.

"Actually, we're currently looking for a replacement attorney for one of my colleagues that are leaving, would you be interested in an interview?"

Wait, what?

"I, uh, that would be amazing" I said trying to compose myself, I dug through my purse and got one of my business cards out, handing it to him.

"Great, I'll have my receptionist arrange a day and time, I look forward to it, but if you excuse me, I have another meeting, Paul, Marshall" Howards said shaking their hands and then leaving.

"Oh God what just happened" I said reaching for the wall, hearing Paul and Marshall chuckle.

"Networking?" Paul said gesturing to the boardroom room "Natural apparently"

"That's great, you got another interview" Marshall grinned, turning, following Paul to his office and sitting at his desk, Paul taking a seat on the chair across from it and I sat on the corner of the desk.

"He's from a huge high profile firm Marshall, do you think I have the balls big enough to represent high profile people? Celebrities?"

Paul and Marshall both snorted.

"Blair, you told Marshall to go fuck himself, it's fair to say that your balls are huge"

"I have to agree, I've seen them"

I picked up his Kangol hat and ditched it at Marshall.

"Are you ready to go yet or what?"

"Date night?" Paul smirked

"Mind your business man, yeah baby lets go" Marshall said "Er... Sorry"

"Oh don't stop the cute pet names in my account"

"Paul" Marshall sighed while standing up, grabbing his bag "Fuck"

Paul held his hands up, grinning, while standing up "Ok, well have fun you too, good luck with the interview Blair, if I don't see you before then" and then he left, waving over his shoulder.

"You're driving" Marshall smiled "My cars in the shop"

"You have like fifty cars, you don't think to get one bought to you"

"Bitch, just drive" he laughed as I picked my bag up, following him out of the office.

------

We sat in the theatre room, watching power as I shovelled popcorn into my mouth.

"You're overthinking, I can hear it" Marshall said, staring at the tv, eating popcorn.

"What if I'm not good enough?"

"Jesus, we're here again? Don't be like that" Marshall sighed, turning to me.

"I worked at the last firm because Bra-"

"Nah, I don't believe for one minute that you are a lawyer because of him"

"Well no... I guess I just, I don't know always wanted more but he always held me back... He said that I couldn't do it"

"Well I'm telling you right now, you can, and that whatever that jackass said was only to keep you down, you damn well know you're great, I mean shit, even my lawyers heard of you"

"I suppose, I guess after all this Tim I'm still stuck in that mind frame"

"And that, beautiful, is exactly why you're working on yourself"

I looked up at him and gave him. a smile.

"You're hot as fuck in that corporate clothing though"

"Way to bomb the moment Romeo" I snorted.

He was right though, this is why I needed to work on myself, undo the damage that Brad did while we were together and after.

I don't think there was one moment where Marshall didn't believe in me, even when I was off my tits on narcotics.

I felt Marshall's arm on the back of the chair behind me, and stroked my neck lightly.

I turned my head to look at him again, only to be met with his lips.

I kissed him back moving on to his lap, not separating our lips once.

I officially have no self-control.