Chapter 41

Blair's POV

Devil Eyes - Hippie Sabotage

I sat, watching Marshall joke with Dre and Hailie, and they were all laughing.

It was a party at Marshall's, there wasn't a lot of people there, was just a small thing since Dre was in Detroit, so it was mainly members of the shady family.

I had to admit, he had the air about him, I had heard stories from others and even the groupies, Marshall just had this way of changing the atmosphere of a room, arena, even a whole fucking stadium.

It's like almost electric.

I'd always felt a weird magnetic energy pull towards him, it's hard to explain, so I've never tried.

I had been lingering longer on thoughts since he gave me the house key.

I'm not stupid, him giving me a house key was a big deal.

He also put me on a list next to his daughters.

I'm not an idiot, even I know the pedestal the man has his daughters on, I'm kind of unsure how I'm meant to feel about it?

I had been more observant of a lot of things since the assault, some things unexpectantly rang in my head longer than they normally would.

"You're staring at him, you've been staring at him for about 10 minutes"

I just about jumped through the fucking roof and spilling my drink in the process.

"Fuck" I said turning to meet Kim's amused eyes "Uh, sorry"

"When Marshall came to get Whitney a while ago, he came in and sat down, asking to talk" She continued, taking a seat next to me "We don't do that anymore, everything about the girls is normally discussed over the phone, they're all older now, so there's not a lot to talk about, so I figured it was something serious"

I nodded, getting confused.

"He asked if I was ok if he gave you a house key" She said, tilting her head "Now, I wasn't worried, you two have a weird relationship, whatever your "friendship" is, but Whitney loves you, and I think you've been a great influence on self-confidence with her, what got my attention was the fact that he asked if I would mind if you had a key and could drop in at any time with Whitney there"

Why would he ask her if it was okay?

"Is it weird?"

She ignored my question and continues.

"The thing about Marshall, and I'm sure you've noticed, he doesn't just come out and say a lot of things he's thinking, he kinda just does things, and when he does he has a way of doing that, I guess what I'm saying is, maybe start reading between the lines?"

I was so fucking confused, I felt like she was talking in fucking riddles, what am I looking for between these goddamn lines??

"Yeah he's definitely one of those actions speak louder than words guy"

"Who are you two bitches talking shit about?" Marshall's voice came as I felt his arm around my shoulder, Whitney coming up, grinning from behind him.

"You" Kim smirked "Anyway, I'm gonna grab Whitney and we're gonna go"

"Alright, see you during the week Whit" Marshall said, stepping forward and giving her a hug.

Kim nodded and then they made their way out the front of the house.

"You all good?" He said swinging his arm back around me again.

"Yeah, I'm just feeling buzzed I guess, I smoked a wicked blunt before when I snuck off, that and your ex-wife lurked up behind me scaring the fuck out of me"