Chapter 39

Blair POV

Think Of Me (Remix) - The Veronicas & Alex Wildwood

I was sitting on Marshall's couch, he had bought me home with the clearance of the hospital a week ago, there was news buzzing that he had been spotted visiting multiple the hospital multiple times and paparazzi started sniffing around.

So I had been staying at his, not that I had a choice, the man wasn't having any of my arguments of wanting to go home.

I pretend I hate it.

What I do actually hate is the fact he had his dirty ass booty call over.

He had asked if I was ok with her coming over while I was here and said if I wasn't he could go to a hotel, but felt bad and said I'm fine because he was letting me recover at his house.

I wasn't.

Anna was so skeezy looking.

She was an older girl, his age but nowhere near as attractive.

I had gotten to know her much to my sushi at over Marshall's and my friendship and she was as dumb as a doorknob.

Guess you don't need intelligence to slobber on a rappers knob.

He could do way better.

I heard them talking in the kitchen and I went to get a drink.

Anna's eyes snapped to me immediately glaring at me.

"Hi Blair, good to see you still mooching off Marshall"

"I don't have to suck his dick for him to spend time with me" I shrugged taking a sip "Are you even allowed to call them by their actual names? Seems a bit unprofessional if you ask me"

"I'm not a whore Blair"

"See I get so confused, whore, groupie, one gets paid one doesn't same shit"

"Blair come on.." Marshall groaned and turned back to Anna about to show her out.

"Do you miss me in your sheets, do you miss me in your bed, the way we talk all night, the way I give you he-" I started to sing as Marshall cut me off.

"Blair stop, you said... fuck it"

"Do you think that she's the one, or do you just pretend, and when she says it's love, will you think of me instead" I then pushed past Anna and she flipped me off.

"When you finish babysitting this bitch give me a call, because until she's gone I'm not coming back, you can meet me at the damn hotel" Anna huffed and started to storm to the front door, walking like a baby cow in her high heels.

"Bye bitch, always a pleasure" I yelled behind her as the door slammed.

"Why do you have to antagonise them?"

"Because they're not people" I snorted.

"Didn't you use to sleep with MGk?"

"I wasn't a groupie, that means I respected him as an artist"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night bitch" Marshall said sitting on the couch next to me "How are you doing? Pain ok?"

"Yeah, nose still hurts a bit, I'm just glad the bruising is coming down, I wish the ribs would heal faster" I smiled "I haven't thanked you for bringing me home, I know you're sober and having these drugs around must be hard"

"It's nothing really" He smirked "When I feel the need to do lines in the bathroom you'll know"

"Feel better?"

"Not really, she knows what l like but talks too fucking much"

"Isn't' that the purpose of having a booty call? To fuck and not chat?"

"Yeah but she's been around like 10 years? She's married and shit, somehow thinks I give a fuck about what she has to say"

I hit his shoulder forgetting it was my broken wrist.

"Owww" I grabbed my wrist " you sly dog Marshall Mathers"

He shrugged nonchalantly " Not my fucking problem, she wants to do it, I don't owe her husband no loyalties"

I laughed at him "Mr moral high ground lacks some morels"

"Well I am Eminem"

"So you won't cheat on a girlfriend but you'll help someone else cheat"

"I don't know if you're aware but I'm kinda too old to juggle multiple women, I'd rather it be someone else's problem"

I snorted.

This asshole was too much sometimes.

He playfully jabbed my shoulder with that stupid grin.

"Is little miss promiscuous is judging me"

"I'm not judging you, I'm judging her dirty ass"

"Have you ever cheated?" He asked, reaching over and grabbing the bag of chips next to me I had been eating.

"No, only been cheated on, I wouldn't want someone to feel how it feels to be cheated on, it's soul-destroying" I shrugged, snatching the bag back " I know you have in the past, the whole world knows your stupid ass cheated, do you have remorse?"

"Of course I do" He said with a sigh "I did a lot of fucked up shit back in my early days that I'm remorseful about, you have to understand that"

"I understand, it was an observation, not a judgement Marshall, it must have been hard"

He gave me a smile and we were silent for the moment.

I wasn't about to judge him, ever, after all the shit I've done, he never judges me, scolded me sure, but never passed judgement, and I've done stupid shit while being friends with him.

"So, about that car" He said breaking the silence "Have you decided?"

"Yeah I think I'm gonna buy one, this whole ordeal has kinda put me off you know? Lives in Detroit my whole life and it's never happened until now" I said playing with the chip packet "I'm gonna need help finding a car if you're up for it"

"For sure, tell me a day an and I'll be free" He smiled "You're lucky you know, could have been much worse"

Don't remind me, it scared the fuck out of me and I'm still having nightmares.

"I know... I um, also think I'm gonna try to get a job back in law"

"Really? That's great, What's made you decide that suddenly?"

"Well it's kinda been a wake-up call, the award and mugging, I've been feeling sorry for myself all this time-wasting time, I should actually be putting effort into making my life better, doing what I'm good at, not working some shitty catering and bottle service jobs, I'm better than that, I think I'm ready"

I had been thinking about it the last two weeks, I hated seeing my degree go to waste just because I felt like I wasn't good enough, and to be honest, I really think I've outgrown being groped by strange men in clubs.

"Hallelujah!" Marshall yelled "That is the best thing I've ever heard you say since I've known you, you are better than that"

"Hey asshole, suited me mid nervous break down" I smirked "Plus you wouldn't have been graced with my amazing presence in your life, it would be boring"

"It would be peaceful, I wouldn't have you all up in my shit, taking over my bedroom and house, stressing my ass out and eating all my food" He replied as I hit him in the shoulder "Somehow I feel like after all the bad shit I've done in my life, you've always been the karma that was coming anyways"

"Now I know you lie, I wouldn't be here if it was actually that much of a problem with you" I smirked as put my feet up on his lap as he chuckled and snatched the bag of chips back.