𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Marshall POV

Unconditionally - Katy Perry

It had been a busy two weeks, with Paul battling the media regarding the leak.

It had seemingly died down, so we were very relieved and Blair could log in to her social media accounts without being bombarded by fans of myself and Kelly.

He had been true to his word about protecting Blair, with every tweet he saw he would shut his own fans down, much as I do.

We hadn't done press statement yet, I never really felt like it was important considering it was nobodies business but ours, plus most of my fans kinda appreciated that I was "in a relationship" even though it wasn't really confirmed.

I looked over to Blair who sat cross-legged on the couch next to me with the plate of food in her lap, which didn't look like she had eaten much.

It had been a long day for us both, I was in meetings all day and Blair had been representing a client in court then went to a therapy session after, so it was understandable that we were both exhausted.

I put my plate on the coffee table in front of me and sat back.

Blair looked at me sideways and followed, also placing her almost full plate on the coffee table, then laying down, placing her heading my lap.

"You ok babe?"

She nodded and yawned I'm just exhausted, I never realised how those sessions are super draining"

"Yeah, they always are" I said, pulling the throw rug that was hanging on the back of the couch over her.

I went back to watching tv before I was disturbed by a light snore.

Looking down I find Blair fast asleep.

I smile to myself as I brush hair out of her face and behind her ear.

It was times like this I was left alone to think to myself, and I wasn't fully sure is it was a blessing or a curse to be in love again.

On one hand, I was the happiest id ever been in a very long time, I had forgotten the euphoric effects being in love had, it's dangerously alluring and of it wasn't for my strong sense of fight or flight hard hardwired into my brain keeping me level headed, I'm pretty sure 99% of the time I would have been bought to my knees in her presence.

Literally.

And then there is the other, the curse.

The constant niggling snapping away at the back of my mind, the fear of losing her.

In any way.

Be it her getting sick of me and either just leaving me or cheating on me.

It actually terrified me.

I had opened myself up, lowered my defences for the first time since before 2006, before Kim and I got divorced the second time and was now absolutely open to having my heart ripped out.

Not that I expected her to break my heart, just old habits die hard.

------

I sat at the soundboard clicking buttons and writing down words that were flashing through my mind.

I was tired and stressed, I had been putting in extra hours to catch up on all the things that I let run over deadline the last few months, the good news was I was almost caught up.

Thank fuck Blair was working with a big client which meant she also had to work a little over time, so we weren't really neglecting each other by choice.

It was my fault and I knew it, I'd dropped the ball and was busy fucking myself stupid.

Only proving my point of love being a blessing and a curse.

But I'm making beats and recording now so really it wasn't that hard to catch up, I just kinda had to put my head back in it, not that it wasn't ever, but I was more inclined to take my beautiful girlfriend on my desk in the office then sit in a studio with a bunch of guys.

I looked at the clock and started to pack my shit up, it being 5 pm which of course meant I was done for today.

It was Friday and I was keen to get home, Blair was meeting me there after work so I couldn't wait to see her after the busy week we had.

We'd seen each other of course but I had my head in the notebook writing or was on the phone and she was going over client files, so this time we actually we're gonna be work free, and able to give each other 100% of our time.

And I was fucking pumped up.

I pulled up on the driveway at home, and went inside, checking the fridge for something to cook.

My phone vibrated and it was a message about Blairs had to meet for her results for her physical at work, something to do with their insurance and it was running over, I replied and went back to sing something for dinner.

She hadn't been feeling well as there was something spreading through her office, and she was some of the last one's to get it, so she had been off.

I just had to make sure to make something light, as her appetite had shrunk in a big way, which is a telltale sign this woman was definitely sick since she literally lives to eat.

Like the time that stomach bug went through my studio... It was traumatic, I'm sure I remember someone shitting themselves.

I continued to cook as I heard, the side door open, keys and the sound of heels clacking in the tiles of the hall.

"Hey baby" I said as I turned around, coming face to face with a pale white Blair.

Dropping the cooking utensil I was using and walked over to her.

"You ok?"

She nodded and sat on the barstool at the island bench, she then pulled out a piece of paper from her handbag and handed it to me, her handshaking.

"The results of my physical came in and something came up in my urine test"

"Yeah? Did you get bored and drop molly?" I chuckled while I skimmed the document, reading over every line down the page, looking at her before I got to the bottom.

"Well here's the thing, they also took blood and they got that back too and it kind of read the same answer..." She said slowly saying the words as she finally looked up made eye contact with me, her eyes looked confused and frightened.

I felt like had momentarily gone deaf because the room was so silent, I'm pretty sure I could hear the blood pumping through our hearts.

"So? What is it baby? Are you ok? What came up in the results?"

Her eyes tested up again as she gathered herself to talk again.

"I don't even know how to say it... I... it's so... I don't know how.."

"Come on babe, spill already you're starting to make me nervous? Are you sick?"

She shook her head slowly.

"No I'm not sick" She said quietly and took a deep breath and then continued.

"Marshall... I'm pregnant"

I felt dizzy and disoriented as Blair's words echoed in my head and it felt like time suddenly stood still.