Chapter 45

Blair POV

"And the winner for Best hip hop is... Eminem!"

The crowd cheered up in the fan zone and the audience clapped.

I looked around as all eyes on Marshall as he stood up with Denaun and headed to the stage.

It was such a surreal thing to experience, the amount of people standing and patting him as he walked past towards the stage to accept his award.

As I looked around, staring at celebrities, listening to his acceptance speech, it suddenly dawned on me.

Like a big slap in the face.

He wasn't just Marshall, the guy I share a close bond and friendship with.

He was Eminem, and up until now, I had somehow ignored that fact.

Not that it made me feel any different about him, he was still an amazing human being, but I definitely noticed the Eminem persona more and more lately.

He hasn't smiled once, this whole time since he left the limo.

His face was like stone and very unlike the fun, joking Marshall I came to know very well.

He was almost stiff and motionless, even when he walked.

There was not thrusting playful Marshall at all.

Those lips we're put on his face for three things, to rap, kiss like a god and smile.

Maybe four but we haven't got there yet, if the way he kisses indication, then you know, win.

I shook my head, come on Blair, get your head out of the damn gutter.

I waited patiently for Marshall to return back to his seat from backstage, pushing the image of Marshall's head between my thighs out of my head but it kept popping back up, I could feel my skin prickling from the heat rising.

I looked up just as Marshall sat back down next to me.

"Miss me?" He asked with a small smirk twitching in the corners of his mouth.

"Only because you won an award, I don't fuck with losers"

I hear someone laugh from behind us, I'm pretty sure it was like Jessie Reyez or something.

"Blair, tone it down" Paul whispered.

Marshall snorted "That's like asking a cat to bark"

We sat through the rest of the performances, I kept looking at Marshall from the corner of my eye.

He was wearing jeans, a black t-shirt, his hooded leather jacket and Black with white air Maxs, he looked great, but then that wasn't hard, he was an attractive man after all.

I thought back to my teenage years, when he was bleached up and bad mouthed...

Okay, so only one of those things has really changed.

He was much attractive now, and my jokes we're always on point, he DID look like a sugar daddy.

I sat forward and looked around, completely ignoring the fact that Lady Gaga, whom I love, was upstage with Arianna, but I was taking in the atmosphere.

I felt a natural high, I don't know if it was because my best friend had just won his second award for the night or the fact that I got to see the other side of him, the world-famous rapper, who was a name in every household.

I've seen him in the studio recording, but I've never actually seen Eminem or Slim Shady in the act.

It sounds so damn stupid that I'm even analysing it, it's literally the same fucking person.

Except it's not.

Marshall is Marshall and it's weird to see him any other way.

I looked at him, watching as he spoke with Dre about something, overusing his damn hands as he talked and rubbing that beard and licking his lips.

I looked over in the opposite directions noticing people in the audience, looking at me and whispering.

I can't wait for the sugar daddy rumours.

------

We walked through the crowd back to the car, people yelling Marshall's name and trying to get his attention, asking who I was.

We stopped and looked at each other as we got to the door of the car, I smirked and he nodded.

We both turned to the crowd of paps, setting off the millions of flashes again by doing a double flip off, then turning back and getting into the awaiting car.

"Do you guys feel better hmm?, feel good about what you've done?" Paul said, sitting across from us, fingers pinching the beige of his nose "I want to retire you know, how the fuck did I manage to sign on to Slim Shady part 2.0, except this time with a vagina"

"Oh calm down Paul, they loved it"

"Of cause they loved it, they can title that with just about anything"

I rolled my eyes and Marshall laughed, I was good seeing him smile and laugh again, it instantly made me at ease, as we were driven back to our hotel.

———

I stripped off while the bath was running, there was no way I was leaving this hotel without bathing in this magnificent specimen of a free-standing bath.

Plus after tonight's excitement, I kinda needed to unwind.

I climbed into the soapy hot water, lowering my body into it and feeling water instantly relaxes my body, leaning my head back on the side

This is amazing.

I heard the door open and as I looked, I see Marshall standing there in a towel.

"Mind if I join?"

Before I can answer he's dropped his down in front of the bath and was slowly getting in.

I sat back, my breath hitching in my throat.

Seeing him naked was something, he was very well equipped, and even though I had seen him naked a zillion times before, the last few times it sent my stomach into a frenzy of flutters.

I could feel the heat as it rose through my body up to my cheeks.

Thank god there were only candles lighting the room because I'm damn sure I was blushing.

He sat in front of me pulling me close to him without a word so that my back was now against his chest.

"Winding down are we? Couldn't wait for your own bath?"

He chuckled.

"Actually tonight forced me to do a bit of self-reflecting," He said quietly "About Juice and how he should have been alive to accept both awards with me"

"He was there in spirit Marshall, you know that"

"It's just that it led me to think about my own past demons and the darkness I was sucked into, almost dying, and I felt uneasy, kinda just needed to be close to you"

He hugged me tighter so I leaned back into him more.

We talk all the time, but it was the first time he had shared something so deep and personal with me.

"I'm always gonna be here for you Marsh, I hope you know that"