Chapter 2- Enter, The New Avatar

She lay in her bed twisting and turning at the sunlight that shined into her bedroom through those dark red curtains. Her head hurt, not expecting the light so soon. "Can someone kill me?" She muttered out to those in her room.

"We can't do such an awful thing! It'd cost us our life!" The female nodded beneath the pillows she lay on top her head, groaning and screaming as the other women in the room pulled at her two feet. "You must get up! It's time for your bath, breakfast and daily training!" "But I don't wanna!!" She gripped to the bed tighter but that only made things worst.

At last the women were able to pull the twelve year old off of the bed. She looked up, staring into one's grey eyes. "Ah, finally you're out of bed! Good morning P-" "save it." The girl stood and stretched, walking out of her room as the others followed. "Go away." She harshly told them.

"We haven't even bathed you yet P-" "you don't have to. I can do it myself." An older woman spoke to her, in her late thirties. She had long straight black hair and grey eyes, dressed in the traditional kimono worn by women. "Haru. I said no." The little female told Haru. Haru sighed and bowed, "yes, P-" "bye!" She slammed the door shut behind her, and Haru turned to the servants.

"Quickly, let's go."

In the giant room she stood in, was a pool with her bathwater already prepared and all her necessities. Y/n, was her name. Y/n smiled and dipped her toe in, but that small dropped. "It's so frickin cold!" She whined. Raising a brow, and spreads her legs and takes a deep breath in. Flames exit her palms and into the water. It boiled quickly, then stopped.

Y/n placed her toe back into the water and a sigh escaped her lips, going completely into it. "This," she sighed out, "is the life!" The doors were knocked on and Haru peeked her head in. "Are you nearly done?" "I just got in, bug off!" Haru sighed and shook her head, leaving y/n to herself.

She took her time, using the opportunity of being alone to think back to the meeting her father had kept just five months ago. It really wasn't what she had wanted to hear at the time, but she wasn't surprised either to his plans.

Y/n steps out the bathroom draping a towel over her body and tying it firmly, walking out of the bathroom. Steam came off her by the time she entered her room and started putting her clothes on. At last she came to the crown and stood infront of the mirror. Again someone came knocking at her door. "You know a little peace and quiet in the morning couldn't kill anyone!" Y/n yelled back.

Haru peeked her head in, "y-yes! I'm really sorry, but your father requests your urgent arrival. They won't start dinner without you and you're taking too long, says your father!" Haru entered the room and started on y/n's hair. When she was done, she placed the crown piece into her hair and smiled brightly. "Do you feel that princess?"

Y/n frowned, knowing what was going to exit Haru's mouth next. "That is power." She shook her head, "this power is a joke." Y/n and Haru exit her room, heading off into the dining room where her family sat. Her father, Fire Lord F/n, and her mother M/n sat opposite another. Not once did they look up to talk to another. Surrounding the table were guards and more servants.

Fire Lord F/n looked up and smiled brightly just as M/n did. "Daughter, you're awake at last! Please, come join us." She sat between them, said her prayers and dug in. "You must be really hungry y/n, seeing that you skipped dinner last night." M/n muttered, eating her breakfast piece by piece. Though he rolled his deep red eyes, f/n agreed with his wife.

"Yes. Why did you skip dinner my dear? Dinner is meant for the entire family to sit down and eat together!" Y/n rolled her eyes and stood up, "done! Thanks for the meal but I've got training!" She left running outside and into the open. A smile came to y/n's face seeing two guards stand before her. They bowed on one knee, then raised and awaited their order.

"I want to go start my training." One guard walked off to the giant gates that sealed off the kingdom and in walked several boys her age and a bit older, then they were the girls.

"Princess Y/n waits for you." One girl rolled her eyes, "whatever." She went over to y/n and nearly poked her when a guard caught her wrist. "You dare touch royalty! Bow to your princess!" They all do as told, glaring at the back of the girl's head. "Look the hell you put us through now Sala." A brunette muttered.

"Now now, please get up so we could start our training!" Y/n dropped her robe to the ground and got in a fighting stance. Fire surrounded her body, and her eyes got darker. "Come at me with all you've got!!"

"Woah woah woah woah woah!" Toph turned and glared at Sokka. "You just HAD to ruin it didn't you!" He waved his hands, "uh uh! Hush! Aang, your girlfriend was princess of the fire nation? That's pretty hardcore. I admit. But it's crazy!!" Aang harshly glared at him, "could you stop and listen?" Katara face palmed, looking at Sokka as well. "Alright fine...carry on."

The air was hot and it was almost dawn when y/n was at last done with training. For the fifteenth time in a row that day, she beat them all. One by one. "It was literally seven to one, how could you still win?!" A black head yelled at her. F/n walked out and they gasped, bowing to him. "Fire Lord F/n." "She won because she's a true prodigy. A master. You should go home, children like you shouldn't be out this late." He placed his hand on y/n's shoulder, watching as the others left.

When they neared the gates y/n and f/n went back inside, and the room illuminated. Many important people were there, and they were singing to her happy birthday. She didn't like it, but y/n never complained. M/n smiled brightly and pointed at her cake. "Make a wish."

Y/n walked over and closed her eyes, blowing out the candle. "WHAT'D YOU WISH FOR?" Someone from the crowd yelled. Y/n opened her eyes and smiled, "I wished for--" the doors were opened and in walked a group of clothed men.

"The Nomads?" F/n asked himself. "We apologize for the late arrival, but we're here to announce the new avatar! After Avatar Kyoshi died, the spirits chose immediately!" F/n raised his eyebrow. "Are you sure?" He asked the lead Nomad. "The spirits never lie."

He turned and pointed to y/n. "You child, are the new avatar!" Everyone gasped and faced y/n. The atmosphere changed and they were all bowing. F/n continued staring at his daughter, but with a tug on the arm he too found himself on his hands and knees, bowing to his own child