Chapter 34- He Had Long Wooly Hair

Y/n's arrival at the Western Air Temple shook the walls of the people. They weren't surprised to see her! It was more, they were surprised she'd be there so soon! Y/n was welcomed with open arms and giant smiles, while Aang's friends had some questions!~

"So what, you two dating?" One of them asked Aang. To which he smoothly defused and said, "psh, I wouldn't say dating! We're more like, friends with benefits!~" Another one rubbed their hands together, "with benefits huh? So, you two...did it yet?" "N-no!!"

Y/n passed by placing her hand on Aang's shoulder, ignoring the googly eyes stares from his friends, "come on," she said, "let's find that Guru." Aang didn't disobey. He just followed her, blushing at how close to seal the deal. Aang approached an elder asking, "have you seen Old Man Jobo?" He asked her. The woman shook her head.

"Jobo? He's not around!" Aang snapped his fingers, "damn I really thought he'd be here!" "Aang," y/n called to her friend, "it's okay! We can wait!" For the rest of the day Aang got her familiar with his friends. "They're like family!" He said. "Family." Y/n repeated. Of course they'd be family to Aang. A boy two years younger than them came running over.

"Oi! Aang!" Aang turned to look back and a small smile came to his face. He was tackled with a big hug. The same blue eyes shimmered, tan skin, curly dark brown hair. "Nian!" Aang cheered! Nian was just as adorable as he was just years ago as a ten year old.

"You've grown so much!" Aang praised his little friend. To this Nian snuggled his tear covered face into his shirt, "I thought you'd n-never come back!!" "Hey!" Aang tilts his chin staring into his blue orbs with grey ones, "I'm back. And with a prize." Aang moved to the left showing y/n. "The avatar." Nian's reaction was not what Aang expected. The first thing that exited his mouth was, "the dragon?!"

Y/n's smile dropped and her eyes sharply glared at the boy. Aang quickly stepped in front of him. "H-he meant that as a joke!" Aang tried defusing the anger built up in the fire breathing princess. "But I thought she was a dragon!" Nian yelled with a pout.

Aang comforts him, hugging the short boy again. "She's a dragon, but a pretty hot one. Literally." Y/n's cheeks turned red, and she quickly averted her e/c orbs as she rubbed her s/c arm. "Whatever." "Come on y/n, I want you BOTH to get along! Maybe tomorrow the three of us can go gliding!" Nian fist bumped the air, "seriously! That'd be so cool Aang!" "Yeah!" Aang yelled with a giant grin.

He turned towards y/n, and his smile fell. "What's up?" "I just..never flew on a glider before." She admits. Her eyes averted elsewhere feeling sort of embarrassed and stupid. Which air bender can't even glide? I mean, she is the avatar! "Don't worry about that n/n." Aang told the s/c girl, "I'll always be by your side." And Aang meant it very much.

That night they retreated towards Aang's room, and the elders didn't say anything seeing as they shared a bed. In fact, they were just too shock to speak! Aang ensured she was comfortable, since this was his home. They slept immediately once their heads touched the soft bed, sleeping sound.

In the middle of the night though, y/n was awaken to the sound of someone breathing in her ear. She thought it was Aang at first, but then she remembered his patterns and jumped up with a 'ready to kill' vibe! To her greatest surprise she wasn't even in Aang's room!

It was the spirit world, definitely. Judging by the light peach sky, the falling red, white, orange and pink petals that surrounded the area.

"Why am I here?!" She called out, and to her surprise the answer came from a deep voiced man. "I don't know! I was wondering the same thing!" Y/n looked left and right searching for the owner of the voice. "Who said that?! Show yourself!"

"Ah ah ah!" The earth beneath her feet grumbled and y/n turned quickly with a deep anger in her e/c orbs, ready to bend. Then she realised, she couldn't bend in the spirit world. "You're so feisty it's cute!" A very attractive man told her with his arms folded.

Deep copper red eyes, tan skin, and long dark brown wooly hair! This man, was indeed, hot. Even his beard made him attractive, and because of his appearance y/n couldn't help but blush. "You're blushing! What, am I really that attractive?"

The man leaned in close to y/n, and she leaned back. "Huh, you don't talk much do yah? Well, that's okay! I'll do all the talking for yah!" Stretching out his hand he started to introduce himself, but was rudely cut off by a smack on the head. Whatever it was made the man turn and glare hard at the other spirit.

He then had a very playful smirk on his face, and he tapped the spirit's shoulder. "Hey, the other spirits called. Your wife's definitely not making it beyond the moon." His words stung, but his smile transferred from his lips to his eyes. He kept a straight face but his eyes held amusement.

What was this guy's problem?

"Seriously man?! Is this another trick of yours!!" "No! Honest!" The spirit balled his eyes out and left. Turning back around the man gave y/n a gentle smile that made her heart nearly jump out her chest! If this were even possible.

"Back to what I was saying!" Before he could continue though, y/n's body began to glow. "Sigh, really?" The man looked to the sky, "REALLY?!" He yelled. Looking back to y/n he gave an apologetic smile. "See you next time?"

"Gasp!" Jumping out of bed y/n looked left Inly to find a very scared looking Aang! "What's wrong?" Y/n asked him. "N-nothing!" Aang says. He walked out the room quickly, the back of his shirt was gone, like it'd been burnt through!

After preparing for a day of possible great fun, y/n looked herself in the mirror. Her baggy light orange shirt and khaki pants to go with it, it made her feel like an airbender! Removing her gold wristbands, y/n placed those on the bed before walking out to meet with Aang.

It was very awkward for the princess as she walked with Aang and Nian after breakfast, because all she could think about was the cute guy from the spirit realm. Every time she passed a gong or something that reflected her, she swore she saw that guy again.

Her cheeks grew warm thinking of his long wooly hair. It made him more attractive, and she just couldn't get him out of mind. "Y/n!" Aang caught her attention. She smiled gently approaching him and taking the glider from Aang's hand. "Let's get to flying!" He opened his and jumped off, leaving Nian to y/n. "Uh," the boy started. He looked away feeling bashful. "F-first, you open your glider!" Following instructions y/n picked up quickly on how to use this.

"Hey, this is pretty easy!" She looked back to spot the guy waving at her, then disappearing in plain sight. Blinking y/n looked away, "I'm going nuts." She told herself aloud. "Miss Y/n." Nian caught her attention. She surely was spacing out alot. "Aang's waiting." "Right, sorry about that!" Opening the glider they both jump off, gliding along the sky.

"Hey, check me out y/n!" Aang double flipped, giving her the same smile as that guy. "T-that's great!" Aang was confused for sure. Why was she acting like such a girl all of a sudden? Did his kisses finally break her? "Can you believe that the day we met we hated each other?!" Aang asked Nian. "No! Did she really?!" "We did!" Y/n agreed.

"So," you all come to a landing on top a mountain beyond the clouds, "how did you guys become friends?" Sitting on the earth y/n smiled and kissed Aang's forehead, "well, we just realised we had similar taste in certain stuff, and we could at least agree on things." Seeing that display of affection made Nian squirm.

"Oh come on!" Aang encouraged him to come over. At first he was hesitant, but after some thinking Nian settled between Aang and y/n. As they watched the clouds y/n could have sworn she saw the guy's face again. Was she starting to lose her mind? Surely the spirit world didn't have such an affect on one's mindset, but hey. If she was able to keep those hearts in her eyes because of him she didn't care. Already she felt as she's fallen for the guy, and it wasn't his looks that made her simp. It was his voice, his smile, and his personality in general!

In fact, he sort of reminded her of; y/n looked to her left again, "Aang."

​​​​​​