Chapter 10- "She Keeps Avoiding."

Hey y'all. I'm sorry for the wait, but recently I haven't had much inspiration for writing. This is short, and I'm sorry it's cut short but I'll make the other half later on either this week or the next. Thank you for the hearts, I never expected it to get this far. 27, wow! Along with over 500 reads and over 90 readers. I'm also very grateful for the few that stuck around to read the book during the slow updates, and grateful for your comments. Have a good day/night, and enjoy this update! Once more, sorry for the wait, and sorry it isn't long enough.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Out in the middle of a quiet place somewhere in Gaoling was y/n, training with Rai and a few little earth benders. As she was doing so, Aang was somewhere else, doing something she didn't bother find out.

Rai stomped the ground and the kids around him copied, then he shot it at her. The first rock that hit her she stumbled. Rai had to yell, "if you want to learn earthbending you gotta embrace this! Stop the rock! This is just basic stuff I'm teaching you, so when you get your earthbending teacher you won't come off as totally stupid!"

Y/n groaned, wanting this training to be over. Another rock came at her face and she used her iron wristbands to stop it. The rock broke, and she continued doing this. A surprise attack was launched at her! A rock covered in flames. Right away she turned and grabbed it with her hand.

The flames disappeared, and she crushed it. A gush of wind blows her over and she fell. "Aang!" The boy laughed at her. "You have to focus Avatar Y/n!" She grunted at him. When he came closer, he winked at her and touched her hand, but y/n quickly walked away.

Aang stood there confused. Didn't they share an intimate moment just the other night?

Aang approached her again when she was picking up a cup of water and drinking from it. "Avatar Y/n? Is.. everything okay?" "Yeah!" She tells him. "Why?" Aang rubbed his head. "Well, you're kinda avoiding me right now." Y/n just gave him a straight face. "I have to train, flight bag."

He sighed watching the girl walk off. Back to square one.

Y/n stood with Kazan, her hand on his head as she silently spoke to him and he responded. She was so deep in his deep red eyes she didn't notice Aang. "Rai's mom is calling us for lunch!" She glanced at him. "Okay." Then kissed Kazan's nose.

Aang squirmed. "I'll be back Kazan!" Y/n dragged across a basin full of fish and placed it Infront of the dragon. "Is this enough for you Kazan?" He growled in response and started eating. Again, y/n kissed his nose, to which the dragon squirmed weirdly. She had a tiny smile on her face when she passed Aang.

Aang turned to Kazan and pointed his fingers from his eyes to the dragon's, "I'm watching you! You dang dragon, you're stealing her from me with that innocent look! That doesn't fool me!" "AANG!!" He jumped and ran at the voice of Rai.

At the table they all sat around eating Rai's mother's famous steam fish and sauce. Y/n complimented her cooking. "This is delicious Mrs. Ero." "Why thank you Avatar Y/n!! It's a family recipe!" Y/n's pleasant smile she perfected over the years came to her face.

The only person that could tell it was fake there, was Aang. "I heard you were looking for an earth bending teacher." Mr. Ero says. "Yes, I am." Y/n responded. "My brother's an excellent earthbender living in Ba Sing Se. I'm​​​​ sure he'll be able to teach you how to earthbend." Mr. Ero had a kind smile on his face.

"That's great! I'll start on to Ba Sing Se starting tomorrow night!" She didn't look to Aang for anything. That night as they were preparing the bed so they could sleep, Aang spoke to y/n. "Avatar Y/n, I don't mean to be rude but why didn't you look to me for approval? I mean, we're in this together! It's not just you alone traveling the world!"

Y/n fluffed the first pillow and placed it back down, "I should confirm stuff with you? Aang, we aren't in anyway inside a romantic relationship, so whatever decisions I make shouldn't have to involve your options." She calmly told him. Aang was just more offended. He glared at her, and using air he got rid of anything that wasn't supposed to be on the bed.

"But y/n, I'm your friend and I'm traveling with you! Your decisions have an impact on my life as well!" "Tch." Y/n got into bed and covered herself with the blanket. "Friend? You're just a boy I travel with." His eyes almost popped out of his head. Aang was pissed.

"That's unfair! You don't treat people like this!" "I do what I want, when I want! You're not my father, and you're not my mother! So don't tell me what to do!" Aang gripped at his trousers.

"I wasn't trying to tell you what to do! Honestly, I was making a point! You cannot treat people like this! I'm not a welcome rug y/n! I'm a person!" She didn't respond, and just got more comfy in bed.

"You know what's worst?" Aang asked her. Y/n turned her head towards him. "What?" She hissed. "We had something special just last night..I-I thought you liked me. I thought we'd be something, but it's very clear how our paths are going." Y/n sat up and stared at him just as she made the fire go out. "You're right. It's very clear."

Silence filled the room and Aang got into bed. He lay beside her, and they faced opposite directions.