Chapter 29-The Spirit Lady

Y/n decided to get a change of clothing, hiding her own, before getting more information out of the village. For now, she blended with the crowd of prisoners.

As a woman and her two small children approached a vendor she handed to him three pennies, "please," she croaked, "a half fish for the kiddies." The man gave a sigh and shook his head pushing it close to her. "No, I can't take three pennies. A half fish would cost fifteen in total." Y/n approaches and bowed to the family before slamming some coins on to the counter. "Here, some more coins. Enough to give her two fishes and me some information."
Vendor wasted no time, and gave to the woman two fishes. They quickly turned, and left. "Now, what do you want?" The man asked. Suspicious as to how a meer prisoner like herself can just earn that much money. 'She must have starved herself for a full month!' Y/n leaned in close and whispered, "do you know why they captured you and brought you here?"
"It's so we can get them clean water!" He said. "They're the filters, the fishermen, and then those they take off into huts." The man shivered, "they make wives do things in front of their husbands..for them." 

Vendor grabbed his hair, "I've seen it." "Oh yeah, you look like you've seen some shit." Y/n placed her hand on his shoulder, "but thrust me, you're gonna be okay." She turned, about to leave when she heard a boyish voice whisper "you'll see Juli, the fire lady will save us! She's just sleeping!" "Shut up Iodo! You'll alert the soldiers-" "HEY!" A soldier approached the kids and glared, "why aren't you two cleaning shoes?! Huh! Get too it!" 

He pulled back a whip covered in fire, just about to whip them when y/n jumped in front of the kids and dropped to her knees. It's a damn good thing none of them can recognise her. "Who the hell are you?!" He yelled to y/n. "I'm their mother!" She screamed, "please whatever it is my children did forgive them and beat me instead!" She was a great actress, that's for sure. The man smirked and gripped her by the waist, "you're fresh." He said, pulling y/n closer. "And you look so young," with the very hand he shoved her off.

"I got a better punishment for you mommy." The children shivered, then looked to eachother. Juli and Iodo nodded, before running into a shop and knocking one guard out. They come running back, holding up a huge flyer with a s/c skinned woman with curly dark grey hair, glaring grey orbs to go with it. She wore a kimono of orange, white, yellow and cream. A veil covering her face of make-up. The woman looked to be out in her mid 30's, but she still looked young.
"Here she is!" Iodo screamed. "This is Lady Danzel!! She's the protector of this land, and one day she WILL come back to save us!" A man gripped both of their necks and screamed at their faces, "your mama is over there about to get punished and you're up here causing a ruckus! Go get your asses in that hut and START POLISHING!" 

Juli frowned, but Iodo wasn't fazed at all. He saw hope, hope in the eyes of the captured. That's all he wanted his people to have.

Soldier Grumpy, what y/n decided to call him, shoved her into a wooden hut before closing the door behind him. He fiddled with his pants, a dirty smile across his face. "Mother huh? You look like a virgin though." He gripped her by the arm, "what're you Mary?" Y/n glared. A bucket of water was nearby, so she quickly grabbed a whole of that, slamming Soldier Grumpy into the wall with her own body strength before freezing his body. 

Grumpy laughed, "you sneaky waterbender!!" Then y/n ran out. She had to think fast. The clothes, the woman's features. Sneaking around and into a hut with leaves she rummaged through clothes after clothes, finally finding a kimono very similar to the woman's, some make-up, and a veil. 

One hour passed, leaving just five left to get rid of the enemies and water bend at full. Y/n jumped out the hut window hearing footsteps closing. She clung to the ledge of it, looking down to see spiky rocks. But it was Aang's voice that made her nearly drop to her death! "We shouldn't be here. We should be out there, helping the others!" But there was Adayda's voice too, that made y/n peek in at last. "Come on Aang, it's just the two of us!" Adayda rubbed her hands down his body but Aang bended her off.

No matter, she kept coming back like a moth to light. Adayda latched her lips on to Aang's, and made moaning sounds. Aang was visibly uncomfortable. Y/n nearly blew her cover, about to jump in there and burn Adayda when she stopped. Aang was giving in.
Turning quickly, y/n released the window and plunged into the sharp rocks. Her landing caused Aang and Adayda to look out the window quickly. He was panicking, until he spotted the rocks close. "It's Rai. Never mind him." Adayda told him, but Aang could have sworn Rai wasn't female. Judging by the bow he spotted in y/n's hair.

Y/n emerged from the water, created a mist with the air and walked on to the land. She allowed the mist to follow in her footsteps. The h/l dark grey hair she only managed to get because she had her hair dipped in dye. Y/n stretches her arms, before saying in a deep scary voice, "now who the hell got on my island?" 

Her voice echoed, and she looked into the eyes of the man in charge. He stood with his head high and anger in his eyes. "You! Intruder, get off this island it's not yours!" Iodo and Juli watched from a corner. Immediately Iodo screamed, "it's her!! It's the fire lady!!" People started running towards her only to get fire bended on, but who to stop it from happening? Y/n!
She jumped in and made their fire her own, shooting it back ten times as powerful. She couldn't use water, air, or earth. Then they'd know her as the avatar. Three hours left now, and y/n stomped her foot into the last crisp body on the ground before the man in charge. He stiffened, but then got into fighting stance. Y/n shrugged, spat on the ground before copying him. He struck first but she dodged, and struck her hand forward. Her fingers curled and eyes darker. The man stopped moving, he froze up and groaned in pain.

When y/n moved her hands left he did as well, then the man fell to his knees when she moved her fingers down. "You are to leave this island, and NEVER RETURN!!" The man started to cry, "yes. Yes I won't return! Nobody will!" She released him, and the man ran off into a ship yelling at the remaining men, "GET IN! LET'S LEAVE!" No one questioned it, and just left.

The sun was coming up, and the children timidly approached y/n. "Lady Danzel?" Y/n turned around and stared at them. "Wait, you're not Lady Danzel, right?" Y/n smirked, "why," in naked eyes her entire body transformed, "of course I am!" Lady Danzel, taking over y/n's body.
She dropped to one knee before kissing Iodo and Juli, "go to your mother." A woman full of scars ran to them, and the children clung to her for dear life. "You're free now." Lady Danzel said. She turned and walked along the river, her deep grey eyes and long grey hair curling up with every step she took. Lady Danzel then turned, and waved at the village, "I'll be forever here. Protecting you!" She disappeared in a ring of fire, and y/n sunk to the bottom of the river.
She lay there. Glowing, but no one seemed to notice. 

Jingyi couldn't explain how happy she was seeing them there, and Bojing didn't stop scolding her. Adayda and Aang come walking, Aang was unreadable, as Adayda had a bright smile on her face. "You're safe and sound Jingyi!" "Yes, I am!" The other girls sighed and fell asleep immediately once they hit a hay. Some people stayed back on the island, planning on rebuilding it, and making it better. So, a few waterbenders stayed with them to help do so.
As the ship sailed on with the rescued recruits Aang looked into the water. He saw the glow, and he thought he saw y/n's face. He shook his head and smacked himself, grabbing his glider and jumping off before Adayda could speak with him.

Y/n awoken again at night. Still underwater, but breathing. She almost drowned in that moment if it wasn't for Kuruk! He chuckled and held her hand saying, "you're lucky I was there to keep you alive!" They swam along the river heading into the sea then the ocean. Y/n had never traveled so fast by water, but hey. She was doing so with Avatar Kuruk! They arrive at the Northern Water Tribe, and Avatar Kuruk again became water, disappearing.
Kazan had landed just in time. Y/n got out of the water about to remove it from her, when Kazan blew out hot air, air drying the princess. She clung to him and sobbed, remembering what she saw in that room, regretting ever trusting that boy.