Chapter 12- The Traveling Trio

Lazy minded Rai lay down on his rock heap all day as fellow friends y/n and Aang tried making the cave they stayed in more comfortable, so it could last them up to three days. They were reports from air soldiers that a possible storm was to commence in two to three days that very week, and last up to five days in total. Nobody knew if it were true or false, but they knew one thing! The air soldiers predictions are never wrong in the state of weather.

Aang is close friends with the leader, so overtime of him hanging out with the woman, he grew to learn how to read the skies! That's why they were trying to make the cave more clean and comfortable. They couldn't travel at all at a time like this.

"Aang can you fetch more firewood?" "Sure!" He turned on his heels and headed out the cave for y/n. Meanwhile she was trying to secure plenty of water and even fruits they could find around the place, that was edible. Rai flicked a rock into the air and kept throwing it up and catching it when it fell down.

"Rai." Y/n called to the black haired male. He glanced her way, "yes princess?" "I know you're just a little tired, right? But we need help around here. Aang said a storm-" "was coming and we need to get stuff to blah blah blah! I know! And I'll help later!" Y/n placed a hand on her hip, "you said that yesterday." "Yup!" She growled and turned around to blow off some literal steam.

Aang walked into the cave with some more firewood. He placed it in a corner and smiled at the s/c girl beside him. "There you go Avatar Y/n!" "I told you to call me just y/n." Aang raised his eyebrow, "huh? You never told me that!!" After a few seconds his face broke into a smile. "Are you warming up to me?" Aang teasingly asked her.

"I'll warm you up if you'd like!" Y/n yelled to him with a bright smile as her palms lit up with flames. Aang squirms stepping back, "I-I was only joking!~" The flames went out and Aang spoke again, "I found a garden."

Y/n rushed from tree to tree picking the best apples she spotted! Her eyes glistened at the bell peppers too, so she grabbed that as well! She wasn't even done. Mushrooms upon mushrooms and seasonings! This, was heaven. The maze was also just about ready, as were the green pumpkins and the juicy plums.

Aang was by her side to help pick these vegetables and fruits placing them all neatly in different baskets. "Why is this farm abandoned?" Y/n asked him. Aang hummed as he walked through the mud, "maybe because of the storm." She rubbed her chin, "that reminds me, what kind of storm is it really??"

"I dunno! I can't see THAT! I'm not so much of an expert, but one thing for sure is whatever the storm, it must be bad." They enter back the cave and Rai once more earthbended to block it up, by slamming his fist to the earth. He didn't move an inch! "Rai!!" "Alright! Fine!" He stomped the ground moving all the unnecessary debris out of the way, then dropping it into the ground and closing that back up.

There was a heavy rattling outside and the trio shared a look. "What was that?" Y/n asked. Aang floats to the top and pressed his ear against the rock. "I don't..know exactly. Let me check it out!" "Alone?!" Y/n asked the boy. Aang shrugged, "I'll be fine!" Rai removed the rock, not expecting a bunch of wind to hit him in the face!

"This doesn't look good!" Aang yelled above the wind. He flew out on his glider and went high in the sky. It was so calm he nearly fell asleep, that's when Aang noticed it. A bunch of black clouds, all heading their way, and the sound of thunder clapping once in a while. Aang swooshed back down and entered through the cave quickly.

"Close it!!" He yelled. Rai does so quickly and they wait for Aang to speak. "It's the storm!" "I knew it!" Y/n rechecked the area, "and we're prepared!"

Constant crashing and rumbling outside sounded off surrounding the cave. No one said much. It was the most terrifying experience for them all, but at least Kazan is unfazed by it.

Stretching her arms, y/n reached forward and made a bigger fire to warm themselves up. They'd be like this for days, might as well try to keep humid in such a cold area. She shivered though and rubbed her hands together.

"Rai can you make bowls, and a pot?" "Of course." Rai did just that, and y/n got to cooking. The mushroom soup was simmering and their beds were being made. "Good thing we skinned some sheep a few days before!" Aang cheered with a toothy grin.

They sit together, eating in peace. "This is really good y/n!" Rai cheered through a full mouth. He gave her a big closed eyed smile. She was surprised, this was the first time he's ever called her just y/n. Y/n smiled back at him and nodded, "thanks Rai." "Yeah y/n!!" Aang tried getting her attention, "this is incredible!"

Her eye twitched and she glared at him, "I know flight bag! Rai just told me!" Their dinner was soon over, and the trio went to bed after feeding Kazan.

They didn't leave the campfire. Instead, they all huddled together there and fell asleep. The storm kept on rattling, and they hoped it'd be over soon.