Chapter 40- History Lies

"Fire Lord Y/n will now see you."

"And by the time I got there she was already sitting in her throne, Ruler of the Fire Nation." 

Aang folded his arms, "I never understood why, or how. But that's what happened." He then frowned.

Sokka rubbed his chin, "so, how did she die?" He asked him. Aang sighed and held his head as tears ran down his eyes, "y/n committed suicide." "Sokka!!" The girls yelled at him. "What?! I didn't know!" "It's alright." Aang told them, "it was so long ago, even that memory is fading away, nearly forgotten up until now." Placing her hand on Aang's foot Toph rubbed it, "when did she do it? You know, take her life? Do you know why?"

The bald boy shook his head a no as he lay back on his back. "She did it four days after being Queen, after she stopped the war in those four days and brought peace to the world. I guess, it was too much for her. She's always been silent, and she never smiled much. I wouldn't have been able to know up until then, how much y/n was suffering in silence."

Katara hugged him tightly, "she was selfish if she really did take her own life. Knowing how much you loved and cared for her!" "Alright settle down." Zuko told everyone. He crossed his arms when they all sat up, and Zuko cleared his throat. "Some of the things you spoke of, are true."

"Wait, what do you mean some?" Aang asked the prince. Zuko shrugged, "exactly what it sounds like. Fire Lord Y/n did stop the war all together in four days, but she didn't commit suicide. In fact, her story is as dark as it gets." "How do you know all this?! I know it's a lie!!" Aang yelled to Zuko. "I wouldn't lie to you about that Aang." Zuko told him. "It's true. Your girlfriend was murdered-" "LIAR!!"

Aang jumped up screaming. "He's not lying twinkle toes! But neither are you!" Toph looked towards Aang's direction, "tell me, who told you she took her own life?" Aang shrugged, "An old friend, Rai. And, y/n's maid. Haru." "Could they have lied to you?" Toph asked. "No. Impossible." "Not impossible." Zuko sat down, "listen to what I've learnt based on information kept hidden away from the Fire Nation underneath Fire Lord F/n's name."