Chapter 18- Bodyguards

The image above is supposed to be like, a slightly older Aang. Image him being about 14/15 there. And ignore Katara. 😂

​​​​​​*ART NOT MINE.*

[Two Years Later]

"Happy New Year!!!" Ba Sing Se lit up the new fireworks and set it off into the sky, their eyes were filled with hope as they watched Avatar Y/n kick and punch fire balls all over the sky as she shot flaming rocks into the air, creating a gust of wind upon the city. Each small rock was crafted with a different face, and the flames disappeared. She finally landed on the very post she had to stand on with one leg, and she gave the people a small grin.

When she jumped off, y/n fell into the arms of Aang, who gave her a giant grin setting her down gently. "That was awesome y/n." "Yeah!" Rai smacked her back, "you killed it! Better than last year!!" She laughed nervously and bowed to Rai, "I guess so." She told him in her slightly different voice, that changed over the two years of being in Ba Sing Se doing heavy training.

She was turning fifteen that year, and she wasn't very excited. She never was, since she couldn't celebrate her birthday with her family, even though they went to the Omashu and took that place over as well. Y/n wasn't allowed to leave just yet, she couldn't face off against her people to put a stop to this at such a time. Y/n sighed, she still had to master water. Pretty soon, she'd have to leave Ba Sing Se and head off to the Water Tribe.

Y/n watched as Aang jumped around with Rai acting like a fool. They were only having fun, and Kazan was being jumped on by the little children of the village, ah, the new generation. Her h/l h/t h/c hair was [enter hairstyle], and y/n completed the look with a pair of baggy war pants, and a shirt to match it. Always prepared to defend the Unbreakable City.

General Xiao was sipping tea with his new wife, and she was rubbing her belly.

"Y/n!" Aang called to her. He held her hand, and the bald boy, (yes he shaved his head), took her into the crowd of teenagers. They danced together, but y/n didn't do much. "Come on~" Aang told her with a pout, "two years and yet still you're so tense. It's a new year, please smile." With a deep sigh y/n gave the airbender her best smile, but it never reached her eyes. "I'll live with it!" "Whatever flight bag."

General Xiao slammed his fist against y/n's wall, to which she woke up with a start. The girl groaned and screamed, "coming!!" "No attitude young lady!!" Then the man left. With an eye roll she looked to her left to start complaining, but realised Aang wasn't by her side. 'Oh yeah,' she steps out of bed and approached the bathroom, 'we got our own rooms just a year ago.'

The warm water woke her up, and y/n was soon out of the shower, dressing in her clothes. A pleasant mix between the Earth Kingdom attire and the Fire Nation's. She watched herself in the mirror, imagining herself sitting on that throne. Comfortable as a pillow. But she still felt her stomach turn. After just staring and being in thought, y/n entered her bag and removed from it a small book she kept dear to her.

She began her daily studies of royal duties as she walked to breakfast. Servants bowed her way, and she bowed back. The dining area came to view, and just in time Rai came rolling down the stairs. Aang kicked his butt, then walked over to y/n with a kind smile. "Morning pretty girl~" he flirted, to which y/n responded with, "morning flight bag."

Rai stands slowly and stretched, cracking every bone in his body. "Morning sexy," he placed his hand on y/n's lower back and layed a sloppy kiss on her cheek. Immediately y/n earthbended Rai into the wall, "back off Rai!!" She screamed to the seventeen year old. He huffed and got out of the wall fixing it back.