Chapter 38- Immediate Callback

Old man Jobo took y/n and Aang to the middle of the mountain where their voices would echo. When he stepped foot on the smoothe stone, Jobo opened his mouth and yelled, "HELLO!" (Hello! hello!) His voice echoed back. Aang's eyes lit up and he gave it a try. "MOMO!" (Momo! momo!) "What's a Momo?" Y/n asked him with a raised eyebrow. "I dunno, beats me! But if I had a flying lemur I'd name it Momo!" Aang told her with a grin.

"Maybe we can go searching for those after you're done mastering the avatar state?" Y/n smirked as she rubbed her nose with Aang's, making his entire face go pink, "is that a date?" "M-maybe!"

Jobo interrupts with a cough, so they break apart. "I'm glad you two are getting along, but maybe later!" Then, he knocked on the stone wall. It made a hallow sound, and Jobo looked back. "Can you hear that?" He asked. "Yes." She responds. "Good, because your next chakra is sound, and it is located in your throat. Yes," y/n touched her throat, "your windpipes. And, it is blocked by lies. Have you ever been unfaithful to yourself with such as lying? Or even to others?"

When she lied to Aang saying she didn't want more than a friendship back when they met up with Rai. That was a lie. Or else she wouldn't have cried.

Another lie, was when she told Jing she went meditating after she snuck into the strange island, and pretended to be someone she wasn't.

"Good, I want you to accept your feelings for him, and forgive yourself, again." Y/n did just that, and she smiled at the white haired man. "This is easier than I thought!" "Yes well, it gets hard." He sternly told her. They stand and start walking again, as they all drank onion banana juice at the same time.

Sitting again, but this time inside a cave that reflected the colours of a rainbow on to the walls of it, Jobo went to the next chakra. "It's the light chakra, situated at your forehead. This is dealing with insight, and is blocked by illusion." Jobo raised his finger, "the biggest illusion in this world is division. The people think they're divided because of their nations, and the different bendings, but in truth we are all one people!"

Standing y/n bended the earth making a map of the very nations across it. "Oh, so you mean. We're all connected through a light!" "Exactly." "And, that means we have no reason to be divided. It's our own thoughts that separate us!" "Exactly!! You're such a smart lady!" The second to last stage was complete, leaving one more gate to open.

Y/n held hands with Aang when they traveled to the very top of the mountain, and sat beneath the stars. Aang made a joke then, "I wanted to marry you under the stars yah know~" "you can marry my foot."

Together they sat, and Jobo grinned. "Now for the final stage! This is the thought chakra! Located at the crown of the head, it is dealt with cosmic energy and is blocked by earthly attachments." Jobo gave y/n a weird smile, "now meditate on what you're attached to." To this, y/n did as told immediately.

'What I'm attached to here on earth?'

'All I see is my mom. My nation. My people. Rai.'

But within each image of the things she cherished, there was always one face. One face that had been reoccurring in her flashes. Aang.

Did she love him? No, y/n believed she really liked Aang. Not love. Yet..her feelings for him are much more than just like. His hands on hers felt right. When they kissed, she wished to keep kissing his lips. When they hugged, she never wanted to let go.

His eyes are so warm. His kisses are so warm. His hugs, his laugh, his silly jokes.

Y/n feet walked on a variety of lines with different sparkly lines, reminding her of space. She realised then, she was in that very place above the Earth, and Earth, is just under her feet. The faces of Aang began to fade away slowly, and she saw a giant with glowing white eyes, but it had tattoos like a master airbender, which were growing brightly. She walked around the giant, seeing another version of it with h/l hair and the same glowing eyes, wearing a crown on her head.

She covered her mouth in shock as she realised these two giants now. 'Is that, me and Aang?' She fell to her knees, weak from taking this information in. 'What's Aang doing here?! He's in the Avatar State, how is that even possible?!'

Jobo folded his arms. " Now! You let go of those attachments!"

His voice and his words made y/n's head snap in an ungodly direction, "what did you just say?"

"Let GO of them! And the Avatar State will be complete!"

Y/n reached her hand forward to the giant Aang, with fresh tears rolling down her s/c cheeks. "Damn! I have to let go of I want to master this! But," her eyes fixed on his own, she pulled her hand back slowly, "I can't let go of someone I care so much about. I won't."

"I won't-" "the Fire Nation! They're here!!" Y/n looked back to the sky watching in shock as a Fire Nation soldier attacked an Air Nomad. She ran away from the giants, and fell right through the steps that provided her balance, falling right into nothing but black space, and finally jumping up when her soul returned.

"The Air Nomads!" "They're being attacked!" Y/n rushed off with Aang behind her. "Wait! You can't stop the Avatar State here now! You'll never be able to control it, and that can cause disaster! You're on the brink of extinction!"

"My people NEED me!"