Chapter 6- Blocked Mind

On the mountain y/n and Aang sat together meditating. This was the first step to her training in learning the arts of airbending. As y/n sat there with Aang, she got lost in herself disappearing out to the darkness.

Y/n stood in the middle of a dark room, nothing but air surrounded her. Things got less confusing, seeing as light pierced through her mind and a scene came to view. A field full of fire lilies and several men and women dressed like Aang, each air bending.

"Excuse me, sir?" Y/n approached one of them. The man turned and smiled, "hello Avatar Y/n." She rubbed behind her head, "hello, I'm confused. Where am I?" The man wrapped his arm around her shoulder and they walked off in the field of flowers that soon turned to dandelions. "My name is Yun, and you're in the spirit world." "The spirit world?" Y/n looked about the place some more and touched her body, "am I dead?"

"Oh heavens no!" Yun yells with a laugh. "You're pretty much alive, your soul is here, but not your body!" He released her and smiled warmly, "you came here on accident no?" "Yes--" "wrong!" Y/n jumped at his tone. "You came here because you are blocked."

"Blocked? Blocked how?" Y/n asks him. Yun rubbed his long beard, "how do I put it in a way for you to understand?" He hummed then nodded, "your anger and hatred is preventing you from being at peace and free. You must let go of your anger if you wish to airbend! You must express yourself, talk about your feelings! Why are you so enclosed? Why is your mind not free? What's bothering you?" Y/n stood there and glared off at the small river beside them.

"I don't want to talk about it." Yun sighs, "if you never let go how will you be free?" Her eyes were filled with water, "I want to be free, but I can't! It was never my life to begin with!" Yun started to disappear as did everything else into ash. "Wait! How can I free myself?!" "You must express your emotions! Let go of them!!"

Her eyes shot open and she found herself staring into the worried grey eyes of Aang. "Thank goodness! You're alive!!" Aang held her close. He lets go feeling her skin become home, staring at y/n. "Where'd you go?" She wiped her tears, "the spirit realm." Y/n stands and walked to Kazan.

"What'd you learn?" "That I'd never be able to airbend." She got on the dragon and flew off, leaving Aang behind. He sighed and opened his glider, "tomorrow, I guess I'll have to teach her another tactic in being at peace. Being nice!" He jumped off the mountain flying after Kazan and y/n.

It's the last day, and y/n was ready to leave her homeland with Aang. The airbender and princess walked the city admiring the different stalls for their last memory in the capital. An old woman sat in a corner of the road speaking to a bunch of little children, maybe she was their grandmother.

Aang stops y/n by laying a hand on her shoulder. She turned and faced him, "what?" Aang shrugged, "we need to talk."

They continue on walking, stopping every once in a while. "What'd you wanna talk about?" Aang sighs, making a small air ball in his palm. "Your attitude." "Excuse me?" Y/n snapped. Aang flinched but kept talking, "you have to change it. That's a huge set back in your airbending! You have to be more carefree. I plan on opening up the more positive side to you."

Y/n raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening~" "maybe you can airbend without having to talk about your feelings. Positivity is good, let's try that! Try being nice!" A little girl came running over to y/n crying her eyes out. "P-Princess Y-Y/n!!" She screamed, "m-my teddy g-got caught in that r-really t-tall tree!! P-please help me g-get it down P-Princess!!"

Y/n stared at her snot covered face and felt disgusted. "Ugh, what did you do to make it go that high child?" "I-I th-threw it up t-there!!" The girl cried harder until her face turned pink. "You should be upset. It's your own fault, so I'm not helping you." Aang stared at y/n and stopped her with wind. "What is it now flight bag?" "You should help her. Maybe that'll open your mind, clear your worries. Positivity! Kindness!"

With a groan y/n picked the girl up and walked to the tree, "where is it?!" She yelled. It sounded like she growled. "O-over there!" The girl screamed in fear. She jumped into Aang's arms.

Stretching her hand she burnt the tree to the ground. The teddy was about to get burnt but y/n jumped up and caught it, giving the girl her stuffed animal. "Next time I'll burn it, but I didn't do it now. You're welcome." Her little eyes turned white and she lay her head on Aang's chest. Even Aang's eyes were white itself.

"That was cruel!!" He yelled! "Cruel? I got her teddy back!" "The way you did it was terrible, you can't burn everything down!!" Aang yelled to her. "Shut up." A giant parade came passing through. One by one they showcased the different avatars. Avatar Kuruk, Avatar Kyoshi, and then Avatar Y/n.

Aang stood beside her, watching her eyes light up with wonder. "Y/n, you may not want to be the avatar but the whole world is counting on you to maintain balance. They all love you, and they have faith in you." Y/n teared up, watching as they placed different things that represented each Avatar. For Avatar Kuruk a spear, for Avatar Kyoshi a pair of fans, and finally for y/n. They placed down two iron wrist bands and looked back at her.

"They love and cherish you y/n." Aang tells her, "your entire nation, the entire world. You mean so much to them, you can at least return the favour by being the Avatar and playing your part." Y/n started floating in mid air, and all her tears spilled on Aang but he didn't seem to mind. He was crying as well, because his teaching had payed off. Y/n was airbending, and she finally accepted herself for being the avatar.

That night y/n left. She got on Kazan with Aang behind her, and was wished luck from her parents. Fire Lord F/n kissed her forehead, taking her royal crown from her hair because she requested it. "I'm really proud of you." Y/n smiled slightly, blowing air into his face with her palm.

"Yes, me too."

M/n chuckled holding y/n's hand, "be safe my child! You're going on a very dangerous journey and you're only twelve!" Y/n tightly held on to m/n's hand. "I know mom, I'll be careful." Haru shyly bowed to y/n. "Safe returns my princess." Behind Haru was the entire nation. They shot fire into the air so it covered the skies, then bowed to y/n.

Including the Fire Lord. "Please return home safely Avatar Y/n, your highness!!" Y/n sighed, they were being so touchy on this and she hated it.

"Kazan, let's go!" The dragon flew off, Aang waving good bye to the fire nation, and hello to their next stop. Which nobody figured as yet!