Chapter 4- Friend or Foe

A young boy wearing clothing of the Air Nomads ran inside of an older boy's room. In his hand he carried a scroll, and he was screaming for him to wake up. "Aang! Aang! Get up! You have to wake up right now!!" Aang groaned and ducked his head under the pillows more to block out the younger boy's voice, but it was nearly impossible.

"Alright! Alright! I'm up." Aang muttered, sitting up and staring at the young boy, who's blue eyes shimmered. "You would​​ not believe this!"

Soon they're running out of the room and into the open halls, staring off at the clouds until an old man came floating down from it, followed by two more old men and a middle aged woman. "At last you wake." Said the first old man.

"Old Man Jobo! Is it true? Did the Fire Nation really request people from here?" Jobo smiled and nodded his head full of light grey hair. He hadn't bothered shaving it again.

"That's GREAT!" Aang yells. "So who's going to represent us?!" Jobo smiled, "you Aang." Aang raised an eyebrow. "Me? Why me?" "Because, you're twelve, you're a great airbender, and you're so kind and carefree you'd loosen the locks on the Fire Nation's Princess' heart! It may not be frozen, but it's heavily guarded by chains of fire!" Aang shivered, "no offense to the princess, but she sounds like a fire breathing dragon that could eat me up anytime I step on her tail!"

"That's what she is!"

Aang and Jobo stared at each other for a very long time, before Jobo laughed. "You won't need anything, you'll be traveling the world, and in due time you'll come back home to us." Aang sighed and rubbed his face, "she's gonna kill me." "No she won't boy! Now get your glider and start on flying! Remember, she leaves in two days!"

"That's impossible for me to get there!" Jobo laughed again, "you ride with the wind! The current is so strong you'd make it by sun down!" The stars were out, but fading away slowly. "What time even is it?" Aang yawned rubbing his eyes, "it's time to leave! Oh, and it's maybe 5,3 hours before sunrise. Now get going!" Aang again sighs and grabbed his glider. He opened it and held tight, jumping off the balcony and heading to the Capital City. "Hold on!" He yelled in the wind, "didn't they say two people?!"

Y/n sat on her throne staring at all the different faces that were 'auditioning' to become her friend, and not one of them did she like. There were two people from the Earth Kingdom, three from the Water Tribe and so on.

The two from the Earth Kingdom were boys, both fourteen but of different parents. They approached her and bowed. "Avatar Y/n, we're here to become your friends!" Y/n face palmed glaring at her mother. Fire Lord F/n was upset as it was sitting there and watching a bunch of kids try to either hit on his child or swoon her to becoming friends with her.

"My name's Namcho!" "And I'm Rai!" The boys grinned and held her hands, "together we are Namcho and Rai! We'd be glad to befriend you!" Y/n rolled her eyes and sat up, "okay Namcho and Rai. What are your interests?" Namcho rubbed his black hair, "I like playing ball with my friends!" Rai smirked, "whatever you like my princess~"

Of course that didn't work out, and the boys went back home. Next came the Water Tribe. Two girls and one guy. The girls were twins. Brown hair, big blue eyes and fair skin, while the boy had brown skin, dark chocolate eyes and a low man bun. "We are June and Adayda!" The girls cheered. "I'm Daisko." Says the boy. "We're from the Northern Water Tribe."

With that being said the girls water bend, creating a figure of y/n out of it as the boy stood by and watched with boredom. "Okay, what do you aspire to be in the future?" Y/n asked them. "A warrior!!" Daisko yells, hitting his chest with one hand. "I want to be a wife!" June said with a blush, "and I'd like to become a worldwide known healer!" Adayda confidently shared.

They too were sent back to their home land.

A guard approached y/n and rubbed behind his head, "the Air Nomads didn't send anyone Princess Y/n, should we call it a day?" Fast footsteps approached and stopped in front of the throne. Aang was now on an air ball, panting as he held his chest trying to catch his breath. "No wait! Pah-lease! I made it, I'm here!" Y/n groaned and glared at this boy. "I'm here to represent the Air Nomads, my name is Aang!"

He got off the air ball and fell to his butt, laughing as he rubbed behind his head. Aang stood up and bowed awkwardly, trying not to pick his nose, but it was annoying him. He smiled and said, "excuse me!" Then he turned and picked his nose, staring at the booger and flicking it off elsewhere. On a man's neck.

Aang gasped and bit his nail, then turned back around pretending like that didn't just happen. "Okay, Aang." Y/n says. She saw everything and he knew she did, seeing the way her eyes flickered with emotion. She wanted to laugh. "Why did you choose to show up, and why I there only one of you?" Aang rubbed behind his head, "I came because I was told to, and no one else was there to take on this responsibility except well...me." Y/n rolled her eyes and stood up, waving her hand.

"Just go back home boy." Aang was infuriated. "Huh? Is that really all? I travel all the way out here from so far away when the sun didn't even rise just to be sent back home?! That's crazy talk! Enjoy your journey alone, I can't believe they set me up with some dragon to befriend!!" Aang turned to leave when y/n called to him. "What did you just call me?"

Aang turned around and glared, "I said it. A dragon!" Her eyes got darker and she gripped her robe throwing it off, again. She walked towards Aang. The blue flames returned. "F/n, did you know she could control lightening?!" M/n asked him. Fire Lord F/n stood upright and rubbed his beard. "No, I didn't." He says, intrigued by this power of his daughter.

Y/n struck near Aang who barely managed to dodge it. "I am not a dragon, but if you really want to compare me to a fire breathing reptile I'd be glad to act like one!!" Taking in a deep breath fire exits her mouth and surrounded Aang! He managed to create an air ball, the fire disappeared and he stared at her with a scowl. Aang stepped back and spun his glider, striking the ground as air came off it sending y/n flying into a brick wall. She stood slowly and glared at Aang.

He was either a friend, or a foe.

Aang suddenly grew concerned and he ran over to her, holding her hand to keep her balanced. "I'm really sorry Avatar Y/n. Are you okay?" Y/n grunted, but didn't move her hand yet. "I'm fine." She removed it then and looked to the ground. It was the first time she's ever lost to someone in battle, and it felt great. Y/n looked up and stared into his eyes. "This one!" She yelled to her mother, then she turned and left inside.

Aang stood there confused and rubbing his head until a guard poked him to the back, "follow her kid!" He nods and left after y/n, "you're one lucky fellow!" They stop walking when in the halls. Y/n turned slowly, "I'm going to pick out my animal, and I'd like you there with me when I do so." Aang nods slowly, "okay Avatar Y/n."

That was the beginning of a life long friendship.