Chapter 15- Christmas

December 25th, and y/n wasn't home yet. She had spent literally the year without her parents, but it was the best year of her life! Ba Sing Se was only fifteen hours away according to Rai as they flew through the air. They had stopped to rest though, because they were no doubt starving.

Landing in a big village probably South to Ba Sing Se they enter it in hopes of buying some great treats, noting that it was Christmas and all. Aang was the most excited.

They wore extra thick clothes as they ventured from stall to stall, in hopes of getting something nice. They had the money.

Aang grips y/n's hand and literally dragged her across to another shop. Inside the woman self many treats indeed! "Excuse me can we have one of everything?!" Aang asks. Y/n raised her hand and smacked behind his head. "Boy!" She yelled. The woman laughs and hands to the children one of everything, and all they had to pay was five yen!

Aang munched on the sweet cornbread, his insides melting, just as y/n took a bite out of her black cake. They both fell in love with the food. Rai comes walking over with a hand full of the important stuff.

"We should relax for the day! We can go on out tomorrow morning, but we've been in the air two weeks straight now. We need to be humans." Rai says in a serious voice. The fifteen year old turned and kept on walking, "let's get a motel. Around here, they're homes we can rent for the night and have all to ourselves!" Aang rubbed his nose, then popped a piece of candy in his mouth.

"Wow Rai, how do you know all of this?" Rai only shrugged and glanced back at them. His deep brown eyes melted like chocolate. "I've been here a few times with my folks." The three walk until they stopped in front of a grump looking man. He glared at Rai. "What the hell do you want?" Rai smiled and dropped a bag full of coins in his palm. He shakes it, and nods. "Thirty pieces. Good. Your house is just in the next street! It's got one bathroom, two bedrooms, a kitchen and a sitting room. Make it due."

Rai only turned and walked as he whistled, "trust me! That's all we need!" The house was in fact a big enough well built hut. Rai walked in and immediately ran to a room. "I call dibs!" He yelled, plopping on a big mattress. He rolled around and looked to Aang and Y/n. "You two can skid on out of here."

They groaned, complaining on how much of a buzz kill he was, then roomed in the remaining bedroom. Setting up what they had, y/n looked out the window and stared off at the stars. It would be her first Christmas without her parents, and she was more than ready to take it on.

Surprising her, Aang joined in. "How's the view?" He asked pointing to himself. Y/n shoved him by the arm. "Go away flight bag." He smirked and lays his hand on her shoulder. "We're going out, Rai and I. There's a big celebration the village does every year here, according to Rai! He says it's got free food~" Knowing that was the only thing y/n would react to, she jumped up and rushed to her side of the bed, taking her bag out from beneath it. "I'm in!"

Aang left to give her privacy. Taking out a f/c kimono with the fire nation symbol on the back, along with her clan's, y/n puts it on. Not needing a bath since she had one minutes ago. Y/n then grabbed her wristbands and placed it at the side of the bed on the dresser. 'Tonight,' she reminded herself, 'is a night of fun.'

She slipped on her shoes and wore her bracelet. Exiting the room, Rai and Aang sat waiting on her in their hakamas, arguing about something.

They looked up quickly and stared in shock at y/n. She had really grown since last. Yes, she looked like a kid, but there was a natural aura that she matured. "What're we waiting for?!" Y/n yelled, she opened the door and pointed outside. "There's free food waiting!" "Right!" Rai rushed out the door holding her hand, leaving Aang behind to lock up.

The village square was packed with people, all dressed in different colourful clothes. The view was stunning, and they even lit lanterns all around! Y/n's eyes shinned. Back in the Fire Nation, the celebrations were always extra. Every firebender would light up the sky all over, and so many things would be shown, but here. It was all simple, and comforting.

"Let's try that candy apple." Rai held her hand tightly as they swerved through crowds and grabbed two candy apples. Y/n bit into it and her nose scrunched. Not liking it very much since it was her first time to try one. "It's..good." "It'll get better!"

"Hey guys!" Aang pushed through the people, "you left me behind!" Mostly refering to Rai. Rai smirks and pats Aang's head. "When's the last time you balled it?" He asked, pulling at the soft high curls. Aang winced smacking his hand. "I'll get that done later." "Oh, guys! The dances are about to start!" Rai turned towards y/n and smiled nervously, "y/n, would you--" "HI RAI!" A bubbly brunette called to him.

He turned around slowly and gave her a forced smile. "Rachel, is that you?" She nodded her head fast. Rachel's long hair was in one braid, and she wore an elegant white kimono glazed in purple lines. Her small green eyes lit every time a ray of light hit it. "It's been such a long time! How many years, two?" They ended up walking off, leaving just Aang and y/n by themselves.

A very red bug flew pass the two, at least three times, and Aang's cheeks turned red. "Do you know what that means?" He nervously asked the s/c girl. "No, what?" Y/n wasn't interested. A loud boom went off and they looked to the sky. "Actual fireworks!" Y/n yelled in shock. "Yeah! They're advancing so fast!" Aang was in the same state as her.

The hours went by, and the exchange of gifts were conducted. Aang gave to y/n a new pair of earrings he had seen that were on sold. She was eyeing them the first time they got to the village, and Aang thought it nice to buy her that! Holding the f/c shell shaped earrings y/n placed them in her ears and looked at Aang with a small smile. "Thanks flight bag."

"I have something too!" Rai says, giving to y/n a f/a stuffed animal. Y/n squealed squeezing it tightly. "Oh, thank you Rai!!" Aang frowned. He watched wide eyed as Rai leaned in to hug her, then sighed in relief when that girl Rachel came back!

Y/n gave to both Rai and Aang gift wrapped gifts. Aang opened his and stared with a small smile at his present. "I-it's a blessed string. For your damn glider." She muttered with a blush. Aang tied it on and held her hand, bowing low and kissing it gently. "I love it." Both their cheeks turned red.

Rai opened his and quickly placed it around his neck. "A necklace made of teeth from sabertooth! Cool, thanks y/n!" She nods to him with a closed eyed smile.

Aang and y/n walk the streets of the little village, laughing and talking. It had cleared up a bit since people went home, and it was already past midnight. Rai was getting drinks with Rachel, so the two decided to head on back.

They make it to the door and y/n turned the key, pushing the door open when another red insect flew by. Then another, and another, until they surrounded Aang and y/n. It was a blinding red sight that engulfed the two, and it just made them go closer and closer, until they were chest to chest.

"The spirits are so annoying." Y/n muttered. Aang only chuckled and held her hand, "yeah, but they're always right." He winked, and she blushed retracting her hand, only to have it pushed back into his! "What do you want?!" Y/n screamed! The spirit lady Aang helped giggled and pushed Aang's head forward. Instantly their lips connected, and they stay in that position for a while. Their lips moving against another.

Realising what was happening y/n stops the kiss and walked into the house quickly without a word, leaving Aang flustered and confused.