Chapter 17- Delayed

Y/n, woken up at the first ray of sun light by General Xiao, and already outside after a quick bath ready to start her training. "I'm a very busy man!" He yelled to her, "and you're the avatar! So I'm sure you know a thing or two about earthbending! Right?!" Y/n nodded her s/c head and stomped the ground the way a warrior did. "Yes sir!!" She screamed. "I like that fighting spirit!!" General Xiao yelled. He punched her to the belly, watching the wind get knocked right out of her. A gasp for air and relief of pain washed out of her mouth, and y/n grunted.

"I'm sure this came as a surprise! Tell me, how'd you get those little abs of yours?! They're about, four as I felt? Stayed on your vitamins?!" Y/n wheezes, "no sir! I've been training since young!" "Since young huh? Then what happened, lack of training! You're supposed to withstand my punch!!" General Xiao pulled back and punched her again! "Does it hurt avatar?" He asked her with a scowl. "Yes sir!!" Y/n screamed.

General Xiao's fist unclenched and his hand dropped to his side. "Your real earthbending training starts now. As your fetching this boulder from down this mountain, and all the way back up! I want you to tell me everything you know about earthbending, even if you have to repeat those words! You may be twelve, but I'm sure by the time you're fourteen things will come off easy for you! Now!" General Xiao kicked a boulder down the earth, and he made it stop at the very foot of the mountain, after signalling to some men it was coming their way.

"Hop two three! Hop two three! Hop two three! MOVE IT AVATAR!!" Y/n jogged down the mountain with General Xiao at her ear at all times. He wasn't joking when he said training started early the next morning. They make it to the foot of the mountain, and the giant boulder was forced on to y/n. "Fetch it, ALL THE WAY UP!!" General Xiao yelled to her. Some villagers that passed by stopped to watch, but were quickly told, "please keep on walking. Avatar at training, you don't want to mess with General Xiao either."

To which the people didn't stay five seconds too long. Every step y/n took, the boulder felt heavier and heavier. "Tell me Avatar! Tell me what you know about earthbending!!" General Xiao screamed in y/n's face. "I know that earthbending was first learnt by two human beings Oma and Shu!! Taught to them by badgermoles! SIR!!" "Is that all avatar?!" Y/n panted as sweat rolled down her face, "no sir!" "Tell me more!!"

General Xiao stomped the ground and a small rock popped up. Y/n smashed her toe right into it and lost complete balance! "Shit shit SHIT!!" Her leg went straight through the mountain, and she managed to barely bring the huge boulder to the front of her, slamming it into the ground before her. Y/n's heart was pounding. She stood and lifted the boulder, then went on walking and screaming, "Earth is the element of substance! The key to earthbending is utilizing neutral jing, which involves waiting and listening for the right moment to strike and, when that moment comes, acting decisively!! SIR!"

General Xiao lets out a hearty laugh. "Man! Your head sure does hold a lot of information! It ain't big for nothing!! Tell me Avatar! Have you ever bended lava?!" Y/n stopped and paused, staring at General Xiao in confusion. "What sir?" "Did I tell you to stop?! Keep walking!!" "YES SIR!!"

The were in the middle of the mountain now, and the head was just a few feet away! "I think you bended lava and didn't know! While you were trapped beneath that volcano! Remember?!"

Y/n jumped in front of the girls and dipped her hands in the lava!

"AGH!!" "Avatar Y/n!!" The lava stopped moving and started going back slowly, all until it disappeared.

"Yes! I think I do sir!!" General Xiao nodded proudly, "lavabending is an alternative to earthbending!! If you can lava bend without getting yourself too hurt, you're sure as well about to earthbend!!" Another rock came rolling down and General Xiao jumped out of the way. "I can earthbend?" Y/n asked herself. The rock got closer, and she kicked it back, running up the mountain slowly, "I can earthbend?! Sir!!" "You sure can!! Let's get those rocks moving, and master earthbending! Avatar!!"

The journey up the mountain was over, and y/n dropped the boulder. She flopped to the hard ground and ached all over. "Training is not over." General Xiao told her, "so get up." Y/n sat up and rubbed her bruised arms. "But sir! I'm hungry and tired!" "So am I!!" General Xiao points to the very boulder, her worst enemy!

"I want you to carve this boulder into anything you desire, using earthbending!" "What?! But sir!" "No BUTS! If you're able to do that one simple task tomorrow we begin a new lesson! I have a job to get to, and I'll be back to check on you by sun down! Two of my men are watching, so don't you try cheating!" General Xiao rolled down the mountain, and hopped into a trolley.

Y/n stood glaring at the rock for a long time. "You, me. Rumble." She took a deep breath in after spreading her legs, and then she started punching the rock. Slowly but surely, she began to feel the rock. She started understanding earthbending, and she slowly started to carve something out without touching the earth much.

From General Xiao's house, Rai and Aang saw half of her training, having waking up much later. Aang yawned and lay out on the hammock on General Xiao's patio. He swung it back and forth, with one hand over his eyes. "Damn, she's taking it hard!" Rai yelled as he handed to Aang a cup of freshly picked grape juice. Aang takes it and drank the juice. His cheeks were red. "That doesn't sound right." He told Rai.

Realising his choice of words Rai's face got a shade darker and he sweats. "Man, I hear it now!~" he laughed nervously, "anyways. It's about lunch, should we get her? The rocks won't slide itself!" Rai told the airbender. "Right!"

Aang and Rai float/slide up the mountain. Between them, they talked, "hey uh, Aang?" "Yeah?" Rai smirked at the curly brown boy. "Is there anything going on between you and y/n?" Aang blushed once more, and he quickly shook his head. "C-course not!" "You sure?~ So you two never slept-" "I'm just a kid!" Aang yelled flustered, "we're way too young to be bonding like that, and besides! We're not even dating! We're just friends!"

Rai nudged the boy, "imagine her when she's older!~" they both fantasize for a while, and their faces burnt more. "Hot huh?!" Rai asked him, "very~ I-I mean stop that!" Aang covers his face with his shirt. They make it to y/n, and smiled brightly at the girl. She was sweating, and reeked of perspiration. "Ew, uh. Y/n!" Rai covered his nose, "do you wanna take a break and go grab lunch? After that we'll go rock sliding and you can come back to training!"

Y/n dashed her hand to the side, unconsciously parting the earth between herself and the boys. "No! I'm busy!" She said, before sculpting again. "Are you sure? You seem like you at least need some rest y/-" "I said I'M BUSY!" Y/n yelled to Aang.

They shrugged and left, "let's go rock sliding dude. Y/n's got training." Rai told Aang, placing a hand on his shoulder. The airbender nodded slowly, and waved bye to y/n, but she payed them no mind when they left.

The sun was setting, and General Xiao came walking up the mountain with Aang and Rai behind him. "Uncle, what'll happen if y/n doesn't sculpt anything?" He asked the man. General Xiao gave Rai a smug smile, "then she'll try again, before heading to bed." "But isn't that too cruel? She's just a kid!" Aang tells the man. General Xiao snickered and tapped Aang's head, "she'll be FINE!!"

They make it to the peak, and there was y/n, lying down beside a finished sculpture and fast asleep. "Euh, that's nasty." General Xiao tapped her arm and she shot up, knocking earth out of the way with her feet out of instincts. "Huh?!!" "You did good kid!!" Y/n sat on her knees and bowed, "thank you sir!"

Aang smiled gently at the sculpture. It was him, her, Rai, and Kazan. Every detail placed into the big boulder, and General Xiao ordered to a couple of men, "take this masterpiece and put it in the shrine!!" They bowed and did just so.

The bearded man lifted y/n over his shoulder as they smoothly went down the mountain, at towards General Xiao's house. He gave her to a servant, "bathe the little girl, and let the chefs prepare dinner." That was done promptly, and y/n was seated beside Aang after fifteen minutes. The food came not too long after. Y/n didn't ask questions, she just dug in. "She deserves a bucket full of food." Rai told his Uncle, who calmly drank his tea.

"Yes well, I meant to push her." "You pushed too far Uncle." Rai told the older man. General Xiao turned and glared at Rai, who then stuffed his mouth with food. "I don't really care," Aang tells them, "I'm just glad she's still alive, and she can earthbend." "I'm right here." Y/n said through a full mouth. The table was filled with laughter from the children, as General Xiao gave a small smile before sipping his tea again. Maybe training with the man was harsh, but she was getting close to unlocking her true potential, and y/n was sure the training to come would be much worst.