Chapter 19- The Offer

King Dani had everyone positioned in their own seats customized by himself, when he invited the three benders to his humble home for dinner. It was out of the blue, and just three weeks after his meeting was held. King Dani sat in his room and had a servant write the letter to General Xiao's household, requesting the three teenagers to come to his home for dinner. His orders were also in fact, to wear the best hakamas and kimono.

Since y/n was already royalty, and she took with her three kimonos a few years back, she managed to get a tailor to extend the dress so it would fit her, and even added on extra accessories to the red kimono. Aang and Rai were covered by General Xiao. He just bought Aang one of orange, brown and gold, and got Rai a kimono that was a light yellow, dark green and black. The boys were indeed opposites, in clothing, and in bending.

Yet they were close friends!

truly did represent the fire nation, so that struck fear in the people of Ba Sing Se, that saw her colour as they rode along within the lifted carriage like transportation, but they knew y/n meant well. They couldn't just rip her away from her nation and her people. Besides, she was the key to stopping these invasions.

King Dani had the beauty sit next to him, and had the other two sit next to each other. To make things more interesting, King Dani also invited teenagers from 14-17 to his home as well, which came as quite the shock! But nevertheless they came. It was a mini party, since they were hardly any teenagers around in the first place. Of course, Rai saw Rachel again, but this time neither of them spoke.

"We got into another breakup." Aang winced and patted his friend's shoulder. "Sorry man-" "ehm!" King Dani tried catching their attention. He stood and tapped his spoon against his gold cup, "attention! Attention please!" The room went silent as they stared the young king down. "I! King Dani! Am very happy that most of you made it! There's stuff eggs, the best chicken glazed and dipped in our new sauce, perfectly boneless flying fish! And many more! Order whatever you see on the menu ​​​​​​, and eat to your heart's content!"

"HURRAH!!"

King Dani sat back down, and skilfully he wrapped his arm around y/n's waist. Aang had seen this, and his ears turned red. "Is there something wrong with your food?" King Dani asked Aang, a notable smirk on his handsome face. Aang simply shook his hand and muttered, "no your highness." Then he continued on with the eating of the clams.

Y/n gently removed his hand, and she went on to eating. A woman passed around with a tray, on it had a bowl full of peppers. Immediately Rai called her over, and he took three! "What're you doing with that you idiot?" Y/n asked him with a raised eyebrow. "Eating it! Duh!" He gave one to Aang, and the last to y/n. King Dani sat there feeling awkward, but still tried to shoot his shot with y/n.

"Let's try it out together!" Rai ate the pepper, and his face got warm. He coughed and swallowed the hot pepper. "Damn!" He said, "this is hot!" Aang rubbed his head, then ate the pepper as well. Instead of Rai's reaction he farted, flying up to the ceiling and falling back down on his feet. "Okay! That was disgusting, but cool!" Rai chugged on his water. Aang groaned holding his belly, "that really hit the wrong spot!" He told them.

The boys looked to y/n, who still didn't eat her pepper. "Come on n/n!" "Don't call me that." Y/n warned Rai. She placed the pepper in her mouth, and took one bite. As she chewed it her face remained neutral, until tears ran down her face. "Oh crap, I'm sorry y/n! Spit it out!!" Rai yelled. King Dani raised his hand, "extra water for the lady!!" He told the servants.

She placed the pepper down and wiped the tears, "no. My eyes are just watering!" Aang gave a sigh of relief. "Oh good, I thought you were in pain!" The moment water was rested in front of her, y/n chugged it all down. "Ah, that hit the spot!" Black smoke exited her mouth, and the boys leaned back. "What?" She asked them, "is there something on me?" She looked around on her body, but that didn't stop the boys from staring at her.

Preparing to duck. Suddenly y/n burped, and fire escaped her mouth. Just in time Aang defused it, and her face burnt of embarrassment. "Sorry!" Y/n hid in shame. "I wasn't expecting that!" Seeing this, Aang laughed, and Rai did too. "Sorry?! That was awesome y/n! You're a literal fire breathing dragon I tell yah!" Y/n's eye twitched. "What did you call me?" She asked the black haired boy.

Rai froze up, but Aang saved the day. "He said you're a fire breathing queen!" "I heard him say dragon!! Don't try lying for him flight bag-" Aang's lips were on y/n's hand, "but I changed it to queen." He told her softly. Their cheeks turned red, and King Dani broke it up.

"Time to dance!!" He yelled. The teenagers were already paired. The only person left without a dance partner, was Aang. He watched y/n get offered by plenty of guys to dance, but she turned them down, and King Dani was no where in sight. Building up some courage, Aang approached the girl slowly. "Hey, y/-" "Princess Y/n!!" King Dani said her name proudly.

Everyone stopped the dance, and watched the two members of royalty. Dani dropped to one knee, and he pulled out from behind his back a very expensive ruby ring! Aang was flabbergasted, as was everyone else. Where did THAT come from? "Princess Y/n, I ask for your hand in marriage!!"

Y/n nervously looked at this guy. He was two years older than her! He was from the Earth Kingdom, in fact, the Earth King, and she didn't even know him, much less like the guy! Aang made eye contact with the s/c princess, and he shook his head. He was desperate, desperate for y/n to say no. While y/n, she looked scared. How could that king do something so evil in front of all these people!

Y/n shivered, what could she possibly say? "Well, will you marry me?" King Dani asked again. Y/n stretched her hand forward, and she looked away from Aang. "Yes."

The people erupted in cheers, while Rai and Aang were most uncomfortable. Aang was mostly, just heartbroken. After the cheers and the screaming, Dani took y/n by the hand and he placed his hand on her hips. He tilted her chin, and kissed her deeply on the lips. Y/n had not reacted at first, but after a while. "No." Y/n kissed back, and Aang felt his heart probably break some more. If that was even possible.

The party was over, and some stayed to keep hanging out while some left. The night sky was out, and Aang saw y/n no where in sight. He wanted to, no. He needed to talk to her. To know why she said yes! Aang looked to Rai and nodded, "I'm gonna look for y/n. It's about time we get back home." He nearly walked off when Rai placed a hand on his shoulder, and leaned down whispering in his ear, "go get her."

Aang approached a servant asking, "excuse me! But have you seen my friend and the king?" She shook her head, "sorry sir Aang, no!" Then she left. Aang decided to search the rooms of the giant home. They were either preoccupied by some couple, or empty. He starts giving up hope, and turned to search downstairs when he heard it. Y/n's voice in a weak cry. Her, weak? Something was wrong.

The airbender slammed the door open where he heard her sounds, and stared disgusted at the scene. Dani was forcing himself on to the girl. "Come on Avatar Y/n. It'll be one time, no one will know." "But I don't want to! So just let me go!" "Shhh, it'll be quick and painless. I promise." His lips sucked on her neck, and y/n squirmed uncomfortably. He had her arms and legs tied to each side of the bed, so y/n couldn't bend. Just as his hands snaked their way up her thigh, Aang airbends the freak off.

"Is this what you do?! Force someone to marry you then hurt them!!" Dani stood up and glared, "back off airbender! Or I'll have my men get rid of you!" "Go ahead!" Aang yelled, "but I'm not having you step a foot closer to y/n!!" Aang removed the ring from her finger, and threw it at Dani's head. "Take your stupid ring! She doesn't want to marry you! If you don't leave right now, I'll be the one to use earth, fire, water, AND air on your ass!! That's right, in the next life I'll be the avatar, and I'm gonna give your reincarnated ass HELL!!" Dani jumped to his feet and ran.

Aang sighs, releasing her arms and legs. "Sorry I couldn't make it on time y/n." Y/n fell into his arms and gave him a weird smile, "ish okeh!" He lifts her bridal style, floating down the stairs towards Rai. "We're leaving." They exit the king's home, heading on back to General Xiao's house. "Why is she acting so weird?" Aang asked Rai. "He must have drugged her drink." "Wow." Aang said, "that's sick." Disgusted, and all the while y/n never let Aang go. She was conscious of what was going on, but couldn't stop it. All she could think was, 'thank you, Aang.'