Chapter 8- Gaoling

Y/n and Aang lay asleep beside each other with her head resting on his chest and his arm around her waist. This was of course unknown to them. Throughout the night they'd been out like a light and nothing woke them even if nothing tried.

Y/n twisted groaning and snuggling into Aang, and he turned holding her body closer for better warmth. They both thought they were cuddling Kazan's tail. In the middle of the day y/n and Aang awoke at the same time, their faces close and lips just inches apart. "What the," y/n scoots backwards just a hand away from the still lightning fire as she stared at Aang.

He was close to the dragon, and he was spitting like he ate something bad. "HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!" Y/n screamed at him. The cave trembled and Kazan stood growling at them to keep it down! "I'm sorry, but you were the one lying down on me!!" Aang yelled back, "me?! I wouldn't lie down on you even if you were the last boy on Earth!" Aang rolled his eyes and stopped the ground, "hello, genius? I AM the last boy on the earth!"

She glared at him, "you're sick with your words and bad jokes." "Whatever." Y/n stretched and walked over to the cave entrance about to grab her bag, when she realised they weren't there.

"Aang!" She called to the boy, "huh?" He was searching for his bag and glider. "Aang this isn't funny, where did put my bag? It had my clothes inside, money and my grandmother's necklace!" Aang shrugged at her, "I don't know--have you seen my bag and my glider? It's missing somehow!"

He even climbed over Kazan to see if the dragon was lying down on it but it wasn't there either. They stood together pondering of what could have happened, then they gasped. "Someone stole our stuff!" They yelled to another. Aang held his head in frustration, "what are we gonna do?!" "Calm down!" Y/n yelled to him, "we'll go look about the place. The nearest village is where those thieves would be." Aang sighed on this, "question, but is there even a village around here?"

She shrugged and they walk outside climbing the cave with ease. Aang looked about the place, then back to y/n. "I can't see anything from this height." She held him by the head and forced him to his knees. When he was down, y/n sat on his shoulders and said, "stand up so I can see!" He rolled his eyes and did as told, his hands on both her thighs.

"I don't know why you didn't ask--" "shhh! I think I see something!" She strained her eyes best as possible, and indeed y/n saw a village! Her e/c eyes glistened, "we're about to get back our stuff!!" She jumped off of him landing on her feet and nearly left, when Aang grabbed her by the back of her dress and stopped her. "Hold it right there hot head!"

A smirk came to his lips, not expecting himself to actually call her something that could be insulting to her nature. "What?" She hissed like a dragon at him. Aang was unfazed by this, already having to live through bad times with her. "We can't go in there. Not dressed like this, the thieves could figure us out."

"What are you suggesting?" Y/n asked. "Let's find clothes." They left.

What y/n and Aang found were indeed clothes, on someone's line. They snickered and ran over grabbing what they liked then ran back, took a quick shower in the person's home and dressed in the Earth Kingdom attire.

Aang blushed a bit looking at the clothing, which were very similar. "It's like we're husband and wife!" He pointed out. Y/n glared at him and poked his forehead, "are you mad flight bag?" They head into the small city the found and investigated. A man pushing a cart full of watermelons was walking up the hill.

"Hey, need any help?" Aang asked him. "Oh no kid, I'm fine!" He kept on pushing. Y/n's eyes widened and she grabbed Aang pulling him in close and pointing at her in wristbands. "They have my bands! Those are very important for me!" Aang nodded and they walk off together to approach the stall selling them.

"Hi sir! We'd like to ask where you got those iron wristbands!" Aang said to the man. He seemed sketchy and he eyed them. "Oh yeah? Who's asking?" Aang looked left and right before jumping in with y/n and shutting the shop up, so it was now closed.

Y/n stood in front of the man with both her hands on fire. "Y-you're not an Earth bender! You're from the fire nation!" "I AM!" She threatened to burn him, "tell us who sold you those iron wristbands!" He shivered, "n-nobody sold them to me! I-I stole it from a couple of losers out in the caves out there and brought it back here with a couple other of my friends!!" Aang nodded and blew him back, then y/n grabbed her wristbands putting them on her wrist.

"Do you know who I am?" He shook his head rapidly, "I'm--" "come on hot head we don't have all day!" "Coming flight bag!!"

They exit the shop at last, running off to check out the other stalls. When they passed a restaurant y/n heard two familiar voices yelling. She spoke, "hold up flight bag." Then peeked her head inside. It brought her joy seeing as the two people were in fact Namcho and Rai!

Namcho rolled his eyes and face palmed, looking at the back of Rai's head. "Okay come on pretty boy!! Let's get the hell up out here!!" He walked off, and Rai stuck his heels into the earth. The owner started crying. "You're gonna ruin my restaurant!!"

"Sorry Mr. O!" They yelled, still fighting as they left. Aang yelled out, "Namcho!! Rai!!" It was like he knocked the wind out of her. Namcho and Rai stop fighting and run over to Aang, "yo Aang! It's been a while!" They do chest bumps and funny finger signs.

"Wow, what're you doing in Gaoling??" "I KNEW this place seemed familiar!" Aang said with a giant grin. "I'm traveling with the avatar. We're here to find our stuff, not too long ago our things were stolen and we found one of it!" Rai walked over to y/n immediately grabbing her by the hand, "hey there. I guess we meet again Avatar Y/n~"

"Be quiet! People are starting to look!" She yelled to him, and they all gave awkward smiles at the passerbys, who gave awkward looks. "Wait, you know Rai?" Aang asked her. "No, duh! Of course I know Rai, and Namcho too." Namcho smiled lightly, "sorry again about that day Princess." "It's cool --now can we just get going Aang?" Aang glared at her and spoke to the guys.

"Sorry about her, usual mood~ Can you guys help us find our things?" "Oh sure! I got time!" Rai tells him. "Me too." Says Namcho. "Great! I need my glider and my clothes, y/n needs her grandmother's bracelet and her clothes as well." They nod and Rai removed his shoes to walk the earth bare. "What're you waiting for? Let's go find your things!" Aang and y/n look to one another, then back at the earth benders off to find their stuff.