Chapter 42- What Happens When Spirits Wander?

The look on their faces after the truth, was horrified. Aang hugged his knees and sobbed into it. "He's not lying." Toph told him. She sat beside the airbender and rubbed his back up and down. "W-why did she n-never tell me?" Aang asked himself out loud. "I-I never bring u-up the t-topic of her death! B-but s-she never t-told me s-she was mu-murdered!!" 

Standing, Aang wiped his tears. "I'm going to the spirit world!!" "DON'T RUSH!!" Sokka yelled to Aang, "did you not hear everything Zuko just told us? She's the enemy! As the rest of those firebending jackasses! No offense." Sokka told Zuko. "None taken." 

"Y/n is not the enemy! She was pressured into contributing to a war she didn't see right!" "Aang, she is the enemy! You don't know what would have happened if her mother hadn't sent out letters for her to be friends with you! She would have been the longest ruling Fire Lord, Avatar to top that off, and she'd make this world a living hell!!" Katara yelled at the boy with her hands on both her hips, and her eyes glaring daggers. 

Toph shifts to the left suddenly and turned around glaring at nothing. "Hey watch where you step!" She yelled at nothing. 

"Toph?" Sokka called to her, "do you need to lie down?" 

"No!" Toph yelled to Sokka, "why'd you ask?" Toph stepped right and growled, "I said watch it!" 

"Who're you talking to?" Suki asked the master earthbender. Toph shrugged, "seriously? I'm the blind one here. Who else? She's right in front of me!" 

Aang released Katara's hand from his shoulder and swiftly turned around, to see a blue spirit standing beside Toph. "Yeah guys, she's right there." Aang told them. 

"Alright," Sokka gave them a big smile, "you've both been smoking or even drinking. Aang, Toph. WHO ARE YOU SEEING?!" "It's Y/N!!" 

The spirit ran when Aang screamed, and Toph ran after them. "Hold on!" She yelled, "you don't even know if it's the enemy!" 

"Should we follow them?" Suki asked around. "No." Sokka, Katara and Zuko tell her. That was until Aang ran deeper into some woods. "Okay. This doesn't look-" a heavy gust of wind blew them all down, and a giant airball was floating mid sky and heading North! North, towards Capital City. 

Toph came running back with her feet in the earth. "It's Aang!" She yelled, "I think he went into the Avatar State!" "Aang!!" Katara yelled for him, but he was too far gone. Out of view by now. 

"Get on Appa!!" Sokka yelled to them when he jumped on the bison. "I'll go by water!" Katara ran towards the river. "I'm going with Katara." Zuko says, heading her way. "Eh, then I'll meet you guys there!" Toph created an earth ball, with her in it, and off she rolled. "Alright it's just me and you Suki!" "Coming!" Suki jumped on to the bison, and off the flew after Aang with an, "Appa yip yip!" 

Aang landed on the very area y/n was buried all that long ago, surprised to see the dark red never went away. He was out the Avatar State now, looking about for her, since he saw her flew off in this very direction with Kazan. 

"Where'd you go?!" Aang yelled. 

He opened his glider, only for it to be yanked back by Zuko's hand. "You have to see this." They walk into the city in disguise. "See what? What am I looking for?" Aang asked his friend. Zuko frowned harder than he already does, and he pointed off at two people.

One was a woman in her early 20's was walking beside the Fire Lord, with their arms locked together and a veil covering her eyes. "What am I looking at?" Aang asked Zuko. "That woman." Zuko says, "does she seem familiar to you?" 

"No." Aang told them. "Why'd you ask?" "Look, CLOSER!" Zuko yelled into his ear. "Alright damn!" Aang focused on the woman. Her features. What's wrong here? 

Her hair, her eyes. He couldn't see her face properly because of the veil. The woman and Fire Lord Ozai stop walking, as they face the Capital City. Fire Lord Ozai raised her veil, and that was when Aang realised why he should have been more observant. 

Ozai leaned down slightly to the woman, capturing her lips with his as his hands trailed down her body. And the woman, didn't hesitate to kiss back. Her arms were around him, and she didn't let him go until he pulled away. "Your new Fire Lady." 

The city screamed out in happiness and even clapped hands at Ozai's words. Azula was seen to the left of her father, with her eyes burning into the head of the woman. "That's y/n." Aang croaked. "I don't understand. How? She's been dead for so long." 

"Do you think he messed with dark magic?" Katara asked Zuko. "There's no way in telling. Mages hardly exist, but.. it's possible. I don't know why my father would do such a thing, but it's evil." "Evil? No, that's just an understatement." Aang rushed through the crowds, desperate to free her. "Y/n!! Wake up!!" He screamed, but Zuko held her back. "Stop it! You'll get us in trouble!" 

The earth sucked them up all thanks to Toph. Landing on their butts, Aang didn't get up. He just punched holes into the walls and bawled his eyes out. "Y/n's the Fire Lord's." He growled, "why does everything that man touch become his!! She's mine! She was supposed to be my wife! So why? Why is she married to him?!" "You need to calm down." Toph told Aang, "anger is not the best option right now." 

"But he's holding my woman close to him right now!" "Did you NOT see her eyes?!" Katara asked Aang, she rested her hands on his cheeks, "y/n is right there. She's focused. She's very much alive." "Stop it Katara!" "No!" Katara hugged him tightly, "she's conscious Aang, and she's not a good person. Her eyes are the same as Ozai's! Drunk on power. Wanting more." 

Aang hugs her back, with his eyes fixated on the earth above them, "you're wrong." He told her, "y/n's not supposed to look that hot. That's one. She aged up a couple of years. Two. Y/n is a peace maker. She's under a spell. I can feel it in my bones." 

Katara hugged Aang tighter as she did the same to him. Right now, they were not agreeing with each other. "Y/n's going to help rule the world Aang." "No, she's gonna help save it. As she's done before. I'm going to rescue her and let her soul free again. If you guys don't want to help, fine by me." Toph smirked and pushed Katara off so she could stand in front of him. "I'm by your side twinkle toes!" 

"Really? Thanks Toph!" "I pass." Zuko told them. "So have I!" Katara says with her arms crossed. 

"Well," Aang and Toph fist bump, "it's you and me Toph!" "You got it flight bag!"