Chapter 44- Toph and The Boulders, Literally!

Katara's hands gently grazed the southern part of the river as she brushed across searching for any hiding ducks inside the water, just as Aang was on the north looking for one as well. "Turtle ducks have the shell of a turtle on their backs, but the body of a duck as well." Sokka muttered, "so basically we're looking for a swimming freak of nature?"

"Yup!" Yelled Katara, "just how you're a walking freak of nature!" Sokka glared, "yeah! Just like you're the only freaking waterbender from our homeland!" "Jealous you can't bend Sokka?~"

They glare at each other for a long time, until a turtle duck swam into Katara's foot. "I-I got one!" Katara quickly grabbed it by its slippery neck and held on to it"s body with her other hand, very careful not to touch the shell itself. "I got a turtle duck!" Aang ran towards the siblings and hugged Katara tightly, "you're amazing Katara!" Her cheeks burnt red and Katara hugged back.

"Break it up." Sokka spat, "we still need to look for the others, and confirm if they got the old man's toe." Just as he said that Zuko and Suki came walking over with a disgusted look on their faces, "we found an old man. He looks kinda dead."

They all look among each other with one question in mind. "Wait, so who's gonna take his toe?" Sokka asked. "Good question Sokka!" Katara praised her older brother, "would you be so kind to volunteer?" "Hell no." Aang looked to Suki, as did everyone else. "Why me?!" Suki asked.

"You're ruthless?" Sokka told her. "No, I'm not! Katara blood bends! She can make the man do that!" Katara shook her head, "I'm not going to use blood bending to do something so..so! Evil!" Aang gave her a bored look, then he got angry. "Why are you guys getting upset on taking a toe for a soul we have to save? Doesn't anyone care about y/n but me?! You DO know if she dies in this time, it can ruin history! We need to send her back!"

Aang looked at Zuko. "Take me to the old man. If no one wants to take his toe, I will." "No, " says Suki, "I can do it. I got more guts." A bright smile came to Sokka's lips when he pointed at the brunette woman, "that's my girlfriend!"

When they arrived in town, as Zuko and Suki said, there sat an old man beside a wooden counter. "Gimme your toe." The old man looked up before he looked away and shrugged. "Take it." He told her. They all shrug, and the deed was done.

On their way back to their hideout they had to take another route, seeing as a good hearty handful of soldiers were patrolling their exit out. They walked alongside a mountain that was said to have rolling stones every once in a while and rumor had it, it was blocked by a whole bunch of rocks because of a few threatened earthbenders.

"We should turn back," Toph told the friends for the thirteenth time. "It'll be fine! We got Aang with us, stop tripping!" Sokka told the blind beauty, but Toph wasn't having it. "You guys should listen to me." She moved left, "go to my left!" She yelled. Quickly they all follow her, all except Sokka who wasn't listening.

He ended up almost getting hit with a bolder, but lucky him Toph pulled him out of the way and she punched his arm. "You idiot!" "Thanks, Toph!"

"Go right!" Again, everyone went right as another boulder came falling. "That was too close. Aang! You're in the lead, why the hell can't you feel the rocks?!" "Aye!" Aang yelled back, "I'm not as special as the greatest earthbender to ever exist!"

"Be quiet!" Katara scolded, "do you guys not hear that?!"

Silence, and then the faint sound of giant rocks tumbling down the slope. "Out of the way!" Toph ran up and skated her feet, stopping at least three to four rocks. "Toph!" Aang yelled to her, "don't worry bout me twinkle toes! Get the others to safety-" a pebble struck her to the middle of her forehead, and Toph rolled down the slope, into the arms of Katara!

"Dammit!" Asng stepped up, he kicked one rock into pieces, then next that came aiming for his head. The biggest boulder they've ever seen came falling at them with such speed it was meant to kill. "Aang!" Katara stretched forward to create an ice shield to protect them all.

[Earlier with y/n]

"Try it again!!" Ozai yelled at the s/c woman. She sighed harshly before firing earth in flames and then hitting her chest, engulfing the rock in a thick coat of lava that excited her mouth. The magma dripped off her tongue like saliva, and she even spat it out.

Azula watched with fascinated amber eyes, "has any avatar been able to do something that gruesome father?" She asked the man. "No, " says Ozai, "I highly doubt that. Not even Lord Rava, " the man stroked his beard, "is this the improved Rava?" Y/n panted, and her saliva became water again after a solid ten minutes. "It's very stressful spitting lava, husband!"

"I don't care," Ozai told her. "You will keep doing so until you perfect it! Aren't you the Avatar? Uphold your duty and ACT like it!!" Her glossy e/c orbs slanted to the handsome man, and his daughter cackled like a madwoman. "Careful father," Azula called, "or else she'll burn you ​​​​​​, or at least, that's what it looks like she's ready to do!"

Ozai cocked her chin upwards and roughly ran his thumb across her lips, causing Azula to look away and scowl at the twisted affection her father was about to show the young woman. With the body, voice, and face of a 20 something-year-old, (early 20's), any man would want her for their own. Of course, he's already had the great pleasure of banging her, after all, she was his 'wife' now. The bastard.

"Don't you dare show signs of rebellion against me woman. You are my wife and that means you respect ME, as well as our DAUGHTER!" Y/n glared at him, she was getting tired of the mistreatment she was going through. "Don't touch me." She spoke.

Was the spirit of her's waking up so soon?

Ozai gripped her arm harshly tugging her along as he stomped out of the area they hid in. He went as far as to shove the Queen into the harsh ground, and he left her there. "Until you learn to respect me you will stay out here alone!!" Ozai left, and y/n spat on the ground he once stood.

"He would never treat me this way!" Y/n said to herself, "so why now?! We were good when we were younger! Did something happen for him to treat me that way?! And where are Ozai's arrows! I didn't see any on his head, so I thought his hair covered it, but even in bed his arrows were no where to be seen." She clenched her clothes, "is Ozai even, Ozai?"

Her ears perked up to the sound of rocks tumbling, and worried voices. She crawled to the edge of the wall and looked down. There, she saw Aang and Katara stretching to create a shield. Y/n's heart soared the way a woman's stomach did backflips just by the sight of her crush.

She jumped down and crushed the rock. Her eyes a glowing white, and her eyebrows creased with anger. Her clap made all the following rocks that were coming down disappear. Y/n turned to Aang, and she enclosed her arms around his tightly. She was starting into Katara's orbs with hatred. "Who are you people?" Her arms fastened around Aang's neck in a dangerous lock, like she was going to break it.

"Y-y/n!" Aang called to her, "you have to wake up! You're sleeping!" Her arms just got tighter, "shut up!" It took a long while to convince her, but after some negotiating Y/n released Aang.

​​​​​​​​​​