Chapter Twenty - MITA Continuation

"What does it have in this house to eat" I inquired to myself as I walked over to the fridge. Beer, beer and more beer "Gosh Niall. I know you like a pint but I'd think you'd have some food in this place"

'Ring' 'Ring'

'Ring' 'Ring'

"Mhm" I answered my phone.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Caller ID. What do you want?"

"Are you mad?"

"What do you think?"

"I was just kidding"

"I know. Just makes me feel bad about myself"

"Don't. No one can replace you"

It took me a minute to process and figure out what to say and how to respond to something like that.

"It real hard cuz one minute yuh makin promises and oh yuh love muh and den de nex yuh talkin bout ah fling" I said sounding more Trini than I've ever sounded living over here. When I become too frustrated or, as it seems here, emotional, I start to talk Trini.

"Baby, baby. Too fast and too Trini"

"Well yuh hadda learn tuh unders wat ah sayin cuz I am Trini"

"I will learn but in time. And what I got from the first part, I'm sorry that I played with your feelings"

"I'm not mad"

"You are"

"I'M NOT MAD" I yelled and calmed myself down "I'm not mad, I'm just overwhelmed. So many things thrown at me at a time"

"If you say you're not mad, okay. What are you doing?"

"Dying from starvation. You've got nothing to eat in here but beer"

"Ahaha. Order a pizza, there's supposed to be at least $500 in my drawer closest to my bed"

"Trynna get me fat?" I asked as I got up and walked to his bedroom and opened the drawer. I saw $550 so I took the 50 and walked back over to the living room.

"Maybe"

"Doh wanna get fat unless I'm with child"

"Ahahahahaha. You're killing me. Ahaha" He laughed and laughed then stopped "Your Trini is showing. You should talk like that more often then I can get used to it and then I'll understand"

"Haha, I'll try. I just feel so weird talking like that around people who don't"

"I used to feel like that too but then I got accustomed"

"Well I'll try to do it more often. Hold on, lemme get something to eat" I dialled the number for the nearest Papa John's and ordered a pepperoni, ham and chicken pizza "Alright babe"

"Yup, what's up?" He asked as I heard chewing.

"Watching t.v. Watcha eating?"

"Chips and doing a twitcam"

"If I had my laptop I would've watched but all my stuff are at my apartment"

"About that, why haven't you packed up your stuff?"

"I will. I'm going at 5:00, but I have to eat too you know. Talking about eating, where in hell is my piz-"

'Ding' 'Dong'

"Oh halellujah" I said as I got up and walked over to the door. I opened the door and realised the delivery man stood by the gate and not by the door. Should've known "You've got a doorbell by your gate? A gatebell?"