Chapter Twenty-Seven - Insistent On An Assistant

'Ding' 'Dong'

The first applicant rang my gate bell. I walked through the door and towards the gate.

"Come in" I let her through the gate "Just go right in" I motioned towards the door. When she was out of sight I spoke to Tom.

"If anyone comes saying they're here for an interview who doesn't look suspicious let them in. Oh wait, I think Niall faxed over a file with the girls who'll be coming. Lemme go get it" I ran inside and saw the girl sitting on the couch "Gimme two minutes" I then grabbed the files and gave them to Tom.

"Bianca, who's that girl?" Paps asked.

"I don't know as yet"

"What's she here for?" Another one inquired.

"I can't say because you guys are gonna spread the news like a wild fire. See yah later" I waved as I got back in the house and typed in the code "So.." I sat down and opened her files.

"Your name's Bethanie?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Ma'am?" I looked up from her files "Please just call me Bianca" If it's one thing, I'm very serious when it comes to work but I'm not that serious where I'll make you call me ma'am. That's so old "You're how old?"

"19"

"I see you've had a little experience working in restaurants. This job doesn't have much to do with restaurants. You'll likely be scheduling my meetings with employees in which I'm about to start hiring. And sometimes I may give you info to give to my accountant, managers, employees and whoever it may concern. Also, when I go on tour, I won't be letting you go" She looked at me puzzled "As in, I won't fire you, you'll tour with us or be my managers assistant. Either way you'll be a full time assistant"

"I rather tour"

"It's not your decision. Do you know the payment plans already?"

"Yes"

"What is it?" I asked. Niall didn't tell me how much he was paying.

"$21.05 an hour"

"That's around $120 000 a year. I'd love to become an assistant" I joked "So tell me what makes you different"

"Well, I'm a very good listener and I do my work without hesitation. I can also be a good friend if necessary and I won't cause conflict with anyone"

"Well, I think I've heard enough. I'll contact you in three days if you've gotten the job" I escorted her to the door "And if paparazzi's ask you any questions do not answer"

"Sure thing"

This was my routine for 30 minutes and I was soooo tired of this. I have to say, there were some pretty good ones. I looked at my files and realised I had two more. Hallelujah.

The two girls arrived at the same time so I let the last one sit by the kitchen island over looking the interview in the mean while.

"Please have a seat, Arynne? That's an unusual name"

"Thanks, Mrs. Horan"

"Bianca" I corrected "How old are you?"

"Don't you have my files"

"Get out" I pointed towards the door. I'm exhausted and she's already started out being rude to her employer. She just stared at me as if I was speaking Gibberish "Are you fucking deaf? GET THE FUCK OUT" I yelled. She scurried over to the door and walked out. Stupid.

"Kyrie!?" I called the other girl.

"Yes? Coming Mrs. Horan" She look petrified. At least she knows not to make smart remarks.