33] Do I have to leave?

Amy's POV:-

It's been more than a month, Taehyung has been acting a little weird, actually protective. He doesn't let me stay alone anywhere, not even in the office. Every break, he makes me meet him and if not, he makes me sit in his cabin and arrange his files. It's kind of sweet and I don't mind working with him and staying around but, he didn't do all this before.

It seems maybe, he's hiding something from me. I tried but, he didn't say anything much.

Same days, boring and stressing as always, the minute I reach home, I feel so dizzy and tired, I don't even remember when do I fall to sleep. Taehyung and I stay in the same place but we aren't spending much time together. I miss us being together.

Mom called. I was dying to meet her. I miss her so much. Since I couldn't go out to meet her, I called her to the office. She said that she'll be here in 10 minutes or so. I'm be meeting her in the cafeteria down.

.
.
.

She reached and I hurried down to meet her. I was so happy.

Mom:- Heyyy, baby. I missed you.

She pulled me into a tight hug. It seemed soothing. I missed the regular gossips we had every day.

After talking for a little while, I went to order 2 cups of coffee for us.

Mom:- I'm so happy, you work at this place. My baby is grown now.

I chuckled.

Amy:- I'm happy to Mom.

We started chatting and having fun. I had a break and I didn't want this time to get over.

Mom:- How's Taehyung?

I flushed.

Amy:- Oh, he's great Mom.

Mom:- He has helped us a lot. I just rented an apartment. It's small but that's okay, for both of us. As we settle, we'll call him once for dinner or maybe lunch and I'll thank him personally for helping us out so much.

Mom started to work as an English teacher in one of the schools nearby. I was happy. But... Going back with her?

Amy:- Settle with you?

Mom:- Yes. It's been a long time you're with him, Seo Joon is out of the picture honey. Since I shifted, he didn't call nor did he visit so I guess, let's just stay together now. I mean, we are safe and how much are you going to waste his money anyways.

Amy:- Mom, I earn.

Mom:- I know you do but, you don't need to stay with him anymore. Come back home.

Amy:- Mom... I...

I gulped.

Mom:- What is it, honey? Did he ask you for money or something?

Amy:- No... Never... He wouldn't.

Mom:- Then, is there anything else you want to share?

I was confused. Should I tell her? I love him. How can I leave?

Amy:- Mom... I... I like him.

She smiled.

Mom:- He seems to be a good guy though but, does he like you too?

Amy:- Yeah, he does.