1~ "still don't trust him."

•Nalia's P.O.V•

"Shit."

I nearly tripped coming down the stairs clutching on the railing with my whole life.

"Language," my mother scolded me as she spread the butter on her toast.

"Sorry," I mutter.

She was dressed in her usual work attire, as a doctor she was rarely home so I was surprise to see her.

"Do you need a ride to school?" She asks taking a bite of her toast, her brown eyes boring into mine.

I shake my head. "Kyle is picking me up." Also known as the love of my life for two years. I'm not one to fall in love but he definitely did the job.

My mother rolled her eyes, she wasn't a big fan of Kyle but she accepted the relationship when she realized I love him too much to let him go.

"I still don't trust that boy," she accused and I laugh as just hearing his horn blow outside.

I give her a kiss on the cheek and march out the door. "Love you Mom!"

"Love you to!" She calls out as I shut the front door.

I hop into Kyle's red truck with a smile, leaning over and giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"You look good today," he comments before pulling off.

My heart jumps with joy, Kyle has brought so much happiness into my life I couldn't ask for anyone better. He's everything I want in a guy.

I take the chance to check him out, his green eyes focusing on the road and his dark brown hair sectioned into mini braids. His dark skin glowed in the morning sunlight as his head bobbed up and down to the music playing lowly from the radio. Two years of my life I spent with no one else but him, all the holidays, the special days, our day, was spent together. All our memories are burried deep in my mind and if I had to chance to go back to them, I would, everyday.

"I won't be able to take you home today, my mom needs me home right after school," he says.

I nod my head, completely okay with it. "Okay."

After pulling into the parking lot, I get out and my best friend Diamond immediately runs up to me, the brown puff on her head bobbing slightly.

"Kyle, you have no respect for me! I told you to have her here early," she scolded, her brown eyes glaring at my boyfriend.

He holds his hands up in surrender. "Sorry." He kisses my cheek before hurrying off in the other direction with the football players.

We walk through the double doors together, my ears filling with chatter and loud laughter.

"I can't stand that boy," she says as we reach my locker, I shake my head as I put my combination in and open it.

"You and my mother both. I don't get why, he's a good guy," I shrug. I don't get why they don't approve of our relationship, it's healthy and he's treating me right.

Diamond rolled her eyes. "Still don't trust him."

The bell rings and I close my locker, me and Diamond part ways and I go to my first period which is English, Mr. Carter won't stop bugging me about my book report but luckily I have tucked away in my bag.

I enter class and sit down in the corner, people piling in two by two as long as Mr. Carter, like most days I would duck my head in hopes he wouldn't see me but my plan would always fail, this time, my head was held high as he made eye contact with me.

He held his hand out and I grabbed my papers from my bookbag and walking up to his desk.

"Ah, took you five weeks to finish Ms. Evans," he says as his eyes scan my paper.

"Sorry but I've been busy," my usual excuse.

"You use that same line all the time, it isn't going to work on me," he glances up at me. I take my seat just as the tardy bell ringed.

°~°

Last block felt like hours when the bell that dismissed us ranged. I quickly ran from my class, in hopes to catch Kyle before he could leave, he's usually by my locker as I made my way through the sea of people.

I was glad when I found Kyle with the brightest smile on his face. He wrapped his arms around me and kisses me deeply, my heart pounding hard in my chest as he pulled me closer.

"I missed you," he mumbled when he pulled away. I smiled as I put my combination in and open my locker, grabbing my Spanish book which Kyle immedialty took from my arms.

"When have you ever not missed me?" I smirked as I closed my locker.

He smirked before kissing me again.

"Ugh, can you guys not do this in public," I heard Diamond scold as she walked up to us.

I laughed as I pulled away, turning towards her. I was about to speak but Kyle's phone dinged.

"I have to go, my mom needs me," he says before planting a kiss on my cheek and running down the hallway before I could even get the chance to ask for my Spanish book back.

Diamond sighed when I turned to face her again, the fake eyelashes she wore made her eyes pop.

"Still don't trust him."