14~ "is that a good thing?"

•Nalia's P.O.V•

Kylin laid on my bed flipping pages in his textbook. It was the first time he ever got to see my room and that was only because he snuck through my window. My mom is downstairs doing whatever since she came home early.

Ever since she told me she was pregnant I'd hear her arguing with someone on the phone, it was never good considering she yelled half the time and I assumed it was the guy who got her pregnant from the words she would say.

The baby is yours.

Yes I want to keep it.

You don't have to be in it's life.

It's heartbreaking listening to that but she smiles everyday as if nothings bothering her.

I eventually have to tell her about Kylin but right now isn't the best time.

"What's up with you?" Kylin asks from my bed.

I sat on the floor for some odd reason I don't even know. "What do you mean?" I was sure I was acting my pretty normal self.

There was a knock on the front door and I heard it opening then indistant chatter started to feel my ears. I assumed it was for my mom so I turned back to the conversation.

"Don't play dumb. You seem... distant?" He made sure it was the right word to say before I shrug.

"I'm going to be a older sister," after I told Diamond last night she basically freaked out and forced me to go shopping with her before the baby was born so she could buy baby clothes. That girl can have serious issues sometimes.

"Is that a good thing?" He asked not knowing whether to be happy or freak out.

"For me it is," I get up and sit down on my bed. "I don't think my mother's too happy though." Don't ask why I'm telling this to him because I have no idea myself, I was slowly starting to trust him and I needed to get this off my chest.

"Is the guy-" his sentence was cut short when a ear piercing scream was heard from downstairs.

That's all it took for me to get up and run down the stairs, not even caring if Kylin was behind me.

My mom laid on the floor as she held her cheek and I looked at the guy, my eyes slightly widened as I noticed it was Dean.

Dean?!

"What the hell is going on here!?" My voice boomed.

"It's none of your business child!" He scolded.

As if it isn't! This is my mother we're talking about.

I saw him step towards my mother and she flinched so I quickly stepped between the two, my back facing my mother as I looked up at him, he's so much bigger than I am so I swallow the lump in my throat.

"I think you should leave," I told him.

By now I was shitting my pants. If he wanted to, all he had to do was easily move me out the way but I was destined to put up a fight.

What was he doing here anyways?

"Get out of my way!" He screamed causing me to step back.

"No!" I demanded trying to stand tall but in his eyes I look like a small puppy trying to stand up to a huge pit bull.

His hand raised before smacking me across the cheek and I yelp in pain as I stumbled back. Dean was soon tackled on the floor by Kylin and my mother started to cry behind me.

I helped her up and noticed how quickly Dean overpowered Kylin.

Don't get me wrong, Kylin can throw hands but Dean is bigger than he is and Kylin can't take all the weight on him. My eyes dart around, thinking of anything to grab before my eyes land on the wooden bat by the front door. I grabbed it and took a deep breath.

There's no way I'm fighting Bigfoot with just my hands.

I raised the bat over my head before wacking it across Dean's back, he groans in pain before falling to his knees and Kylin stood up, I stood in front of him, aiming the weapon towards Dean in some sort of defense.

"I'm not going to ask again," my voice was stern but shaky as he looked at me, his dark brown eyes masked with something I couldn't understand.

He soon rose to his feet as he looked at Kylin, a smirk tugging on his lips as he wiped the blood dripping from his mouth. "Don't think this is over."

°~°

I hope you remember Dean:)

We're literally so close to 100 and I'm still updating chapters lol.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

Vote. Comment. Fan. Share. Love you:)