41~ "maria!"

•Nalia's P.O.V•

The wedding is definitely extravagant, a lot of people showed up, too many to count. The building was huge and there were so many rich people exiting their luxurious vehicles it kind of made me jealous. The dresses were beautiful though, big and fluffy and definitely nothing like mine.

I felt self conscious as we walked in the building, it was very shiny and bright inside I had to squint my eyes a little. People slow danced on the floor, people chatting at the table, people getting drinks and kids running around playing.

"He never went all out for our wedding," my mother says as she looks around. Huge chandeliers hung from the tall ceiling, the walls were very long which made me feel small.

"Your father knows a lot of people," I hear Kylin mumble from beside me.

My eyes roll. "Half of these aren't even his friends. Sophia is the famous one," her name tasted disgusting rolling off my tongue.

How could my father ditch my mom for a snake like her?

"Ah, you guys finally made it," someone says in a surprised voice.

Did we have a choice?

My father walked up to us with Sophia linked in his arm, her brown hair in a perfect bun and her green eyes burning into the soul of my mother. Her makeup was done to perfection, not a smudge or a single hair out of place. My dad took a sip of his wine, his black hair styled immaculately.

The wedding must haven't started yet because it isn't right for the bride and groom to see each other.

I placed my hand in Kylin's, interlocking our fingers together. I suddenly felt nervous for some odd reason, there was anger in the pit of stomach but I made sure it would stay there until the night was over.

"Charlotte," he referred to my mother. "You look wonderful." I notice his eyes landing on her belly bump but he didn't question, I did notice the slight hurt but it was quickly covered with a mask.

He soon looked at me, his eyes filled with happiness as he reviewed the dress on me. "You look beautiful darling. The dress really suits you." I held back an eye roll, he has a nerve to be happy as if this women didn't ruin our lives.

I notice Sophia looking at Kylin just as my father did.

"And who is this young fellow?" He questions, his eyes burning a hole in his body, he had that father look in his eyes but it didn't look right since he has no say in who I could date.

"This is Kylin," I say as proudly as ever. "He's my boyfriend." We actually never asked each other out but the position we're in seemed to fit.

My father looked a bit of shock but a smile lightened Sophie's face.

"Boyfriend? Aren't you a little to young to be in love?"

Aren't you a little too old to still be wearing clothes that doesn't fit you?

"I doubt you would even know what love is," I spit back. I highly despised this women, she makes me sick in my stomach.

Sophia's eyes widened just as my father's did. Tonight I wasn't planning on biting my tongue, if I had to say it I would.

"Congradulations Chris," my mom says averting the attention away from me.

He smiles, taking another sip from his glass. Sophia's eyes still trained on me but I refused to look at her. I'll admit, she is a gorgeous women but behind all that makeup she's so cruel for no reason.