31~ "that's the one."

•Nalia's P.O.V•

There was a lot happening in the next few weeks. Spring fling is literally tomorrow, I'm supposed to be going to one of Kylin's race the weekend after, plus my father's wedding is a few weekends after that.

I had a busy schedule which consist of Diamond taking me shopping, she refused to let me wear a old dress that was from my closet, something about I needed to pop out but it was only spring fling, everyone pops out at homecoming and this is way different.

"Dia-"

"Ahh! Oh my God!" Diamond screamed cutting my sentence off. It's like the whole clothing store stopped to look at her and I nudge her arm.

"What the hell!" I hiss and politely smile at the people who were staring, they slowly turned but made sure to keep an eye out.

"Asher just asked me to spring fling!" She clapped, jumping up and down. "I knew I was searching for a dress for a reason!"

I smiled, feeling incredibly happy for her, she deserves the best really.

"Ugh, now I have to make sure I pop out," she huffed before walking off into a different part of the store.

I sigh before searching through the racks of dresses. "Looks like I'm fending for myself."

My eyes continued to search, looking up every minute to make sure Diamond was still in sight. When we go shopping, she likes to wonder places and spend unnecessary money. I soon come across a dress, it was black but strapless and backless, something cute and simple. I grabbed it from the rack and quickly walked into the dressing room, taking my clothes off and slipping on the dress, I stared at myself in the large body mirror. The dress made me feel confident for some reason, it hugged my body perfectly so I left the dressing room quickly calling Diamond over, when she noticed me she ran with three dresses thrown across her arm.

"How do you like?" I ask giving myself a little spin.

She smiled. "Basic but cute. I love it, it looks so good on you!" She cheered before disappeared into the dressing room beside me and I went back to mine, slipping the dress off and putting my regular clothes back on. I sat on the bench with the dress beside me and waited for Diamond to come out to show me her results, dealing with her, it may take a few hours.

While I heard her struggling, my phone dinged with a message from Kylin.

Kylin, 6:23p.m.
  Thinking about how sexy you'll look in a dress:)

A huge smile spread across my face at the wink emoji he sent me. I took a deep breath and replied with some thing I never thought I would say.

Me, 6:24p.m.
  Mhmm are you? Imagine how sexy I'll look without it on;)

I locked my phone quickly, not even wanting to look at the risky text.

Diamond soon popped out the dressing room, her facial expression clearly not satisfied with the dress.

"Do you like?" I gave her a once over, the dress was pink, it closed around her legs tightly and was strapless. I'm not a big fan of pink and this dress is about ugly as hell.

I shake my head. "Not at all."

"Ugh. Thank God," she breathed before going back into the room.

I took the time to check my phone and of course he texted me back, I was eager to open it but scared at what his reaction might be, I'm not one to send texts like that but I'll do it anyday for Kylin.

Weird right? I wasn't even like this with Kyle.

Kylin, 6:30p.m.
  Your body remains in my mind.

I smiled, choosing to not text back when Diamond emerged from the dressing room again, she gave me a spin as I checked the dress out. It was a bright yellow but she pulled it off, it was strapless and the only thing visible was her belly button, it reached just above her knees and a satisfied smile filled my face.

"That's the one," I tell her truthfully.

"Are you sure? She pouts. "It doesn't make me look fat, right."

"No," I reply back quickly. Diamond was never fat.

She sighs. "I guess this will have to do but we're definitely buying shoes and getting our hair done."

I sigh, I knew we wouldn't make it throughout the day if she didn't spend more money.

°~°

I look at Diamond as if she's crazy, she bounces up and down as we make our towards the front door to my home.

"Do these box braids not hurt your scalp?" I ask as I slowly run my fingers through my hair. The lady braided tight and I'm so glad she wasn't the type to rip my damn edges out. Diamond insisted that we get our hair done and we did, I got regular black box braids that stretched to my butt and Diamond, well she went with green and black and by her being extra, got them longer than mine.

"Your hair just isn't used to it hun," she says as we enter. It was dark inside so I cut on the kitchen light and sat our bags down on the counter.

She bought a million pair of shoes just for one dress, I don't understand how she can spend so much money, my mom would definitely freak.

I pout, taking a braid and running it through my fingers, no way I'll sleep good tonight and tomorrow is spring fling, I don't know if Kylin bought something nice for him or not, we haven't talked since I left him on read eariler because I wasn't sure what to say, plus I kind of forgot while we were getting our hair done. Oops.

"Well, I'm going to take a shower," she says before running upstairs. I sigh, pulling my hair into a low ponytail.

Diamond also bought some regular outfits that she could wear just so she wouldn't have to go back home and get her clothes.

I was lucky to have her and she was lucky to have me.

°~°

Chapter was getting long. I used to hate getting my hair done but I want it done now because I've been natural for a couple months lol.

How'd you like this chapter?

Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

Vote. Comment. Fan. Share. Love you:)