13~ "I'm pregnant."

•Nalia's P.O.V•

Over the next few weeks Kylin and I have been officially announced as a couple, not the real thing but apparently me wearing his jersey at the football game plus saving him has put thoughts into people's head that we were madly in love.

Ew. The thought of falling in love with Kylin is just sickening. Don't get me wrong, we are good friends in private but in public that's when we show out.

Asher and Diamond have gotten closer and we now sit at the football table. I finally got over myself and so far, they aren't that bad. They treat me as one of guys as so Diamond. I could tell Asher likes her but he's afraid to admit, he can be cute when he's nervous.

My mom still has no idea about my relationship so she still thinks I'm heartbroken, she hasn't been home lately even though it's nothing new. She's been acting different these past few weeks but I assume she's putting a lot of effort in to her work.

Somehow I had forgotten that spring break was just in a couple of weeks, I was keeping track of the days but never realized how nice the weather had gotten so far.

Kylins parents were renting out a lake house and he invited us. If course I'm going, I had nothing else to do for the next three weeks, plus it would be a good idea for Diamond and Asher to spend some time together.

The bell ring ending our last period of the day and I couldn't be more happy, I grabbed my books and made a dash out the door while pushing through crowds trying to get to my locker. I was happy that I was able to get a new Spanish book after I lied and said my mother accidentally set it on fire.

What? It was nothing serious.

As his usual routine, Kylin was waiting by my locker with a smile, my side had managed to heal and I thank God, I don't know how I'll be able to survive a bruised rib.

He planted a soft kiss on my cheek as I opened my locker, throwing my books in a hurry.

"My mom wanted me home right after school for some kind of emergency," I told him as I shut my locker and checked my phone.

In third period my mother texted me in all caps that she wanted me home right after school, no stops or funny business. I could tell it was serious if she texted me at school and all caps.

"Is everything alright?" Kylin asked as we walked down the hall, the students slowly clearing out.

I shrug. "How am I supposed to know?" She didn't say anything else but that.

He grabbed my hand and lead me out the school doors, a part of me knew that my presence home could only be a bad thing.

°~°

My mom was resting her elbows on the counter when I walked in, her eyes staring down at a piece of paper.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I couldn't tell if she was mad or upset, she's good at doing both emotions.

She gave me the letter without a second thought and my eyes read over it, I could only see why she's upset.

"Dad's getting married." I mumbled in disbelief.

How could he marry that slut of a woman! I'm not trying to be dis-respectful but she's evil.

"How could he even marry her?" It's ridiculous, she's only with him because of his money.

Mom shrugs, she was stressed at the thought of being invited.

"I'm not going," I fold my arms, there's no way.

"Yes you are. He invited us and we're going, that's final," she demanded.

"Why?" She looks at me as if I told her I was pregnant.

Growing up I knew not to ask questions, especially if mother was being serious but I couldn't help it, my blood was boiling.

"Because he's your father Nalia!" She smacked her hand on the counter hard and I flinched. Something was off and it wasn't the fact that her ex husband is getting married.

"What's wrong mom?" I ask sitting on the barstool across from her.

Her brown eyes were filled with some emotion I couldn't quite understand, that's when I seen a tear escape from her eye and roll down her cheek. She took a deep breath, wiping a tear from her face only for another one to escape.

"I'm pregnant."

Woah.

The confession hit me like a pile of bricks, how could I not know? And how could she not tell me?

"Huh?" Did I hear that right? I knew she was gaining a little weight but I didn't know it was because of this? I hardly noticed because she was always away and- Oh!

"I met this guy a few months back," she started and I'm shocked, she never told me about this. "I wasn't sure what I was doing because your father left me and I felt so alone." More tears streamed down her face and that's when I got up and wrapped my arms around her.

"We did it a few weeks ago and I found out I was four weeks pregnant," she didn't look like it but now that I'm hugging her, I could slightly feel the bump.

"Why are you crying mom? Aren't you happy?" She should be happy, we aren't that unstable.

She pulled away and wiped her tears. "He doesn't want to be in it's life."

That's why.

I grabbed her hand and she looked at me, her eyes broken. I couldn't show that I was at least happy because I'm going to be a big sister.

"Do you think I should keep it?"

That question caught me off guard.

"Of course," I say without a second thought. "The baby is going to be so happy with or without a father, you're already the best mother to me and there's no doubt that the baby is going to love you unconditionally."

She laughs, wiping another tear from her eye before pulling me into another hug. "I love you Lia, so much."

I smiled. "I love you to mom."

°~°

Whoop! Whoop! Big surprise:)

We're almost at 100 reads! Moving real slow but it's worth it.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan. Love you:)