19~ "excuse me?"

•Nalia's P.O.V•

Two hours.

We've been driving for two hours until Diamond complained that she was hungry and Asher was in desperate need to use the bathroom.

We drove in separate cars, us in the lead because Kylin was the only one who knew where the lake house was. It was really hot, I wore a white off the shoulder shirt and dark blue shorts, my hair into its famous high puff. I felt good.

The morning was busy, Diamond woke up on the wrong side of the bed considering her attitude and Asher was just as clueless as ever.

It wasn't long before we pulled into a small gas station on the dirt road, nothing but grass for the next few miles. Kylin pulled up to a gas pump and Asher followed, parking in front of us. I opened his car door and released a breath when the hot air smacked me right in the face.

"It's hot as the devil's balls out here!" Asher exclaims when they emerge from the car. He quickly runs into the store to use the bathroom.

Diamond grabbed my arm and immediately, we walked into the gas station. The lady at the front smiled as she looked up from the newspaper she was reading.

"Hot day isn't it?" she smiled, her blue eyes piercing into ours.

"Yes ma'am," Diamond says with a laugh.

She motioned outside towards Kylin. "Nice car."

I nod my head as she smiled and continued reading her newspaper. Diamond dragged me down the candy aisle and she let out a huff.

"What's wrong?" My eyes rolled. She only did this when she wanted attention and I'm stupid enough to give it to her.

"Asher hasn't even made a move on me and I'm growing impatient," she says as she looks at a bag of off brand gummy worms.

"It takes time Diamond," I assure her.

Me and Kylin has known each other for almost a month and he hasn't made a move, even though I want him to so badly, but that's impossible.

"Too much time," she groans loudly and I laugh at how dramatic she is.

"Maybe you should make the first move," I suggest as I too pick up a bag of gummy worms.

Her eyes roll. "That's not how it works."

"Well continue to stay friend zoned." I walked down the aisle and grabbed a soda along with some hot chips for Kylin.

We paid for the stuff and exit the store. Kylin was just putting gas in the car when a gang of motorcycles pulled up, their engines purring loudly.

"Ready?" He asked when I approached the car.

I nod my head and was about to open the door but a voice stopped us.

"Nice ride you got there!" We all stop and look at the six guys getting off their bikes.

"Thanks bro!" Kylin called out.

I got a strange feeling about this and I have no idea why. I turned to look at Diamond and seen that Asher still hasn't came out the store.

"How much was it?" The guy asked as he walked up, he had dirty blonde hair and wore a hat, his dark shades making him look more suspicious. The other guys stayed back, looking alert, as if we were going to pull any- thing they would be ready.

Kylin shrugs, "not much." He turned to look at me, his grey eyes pleading for me to do something but I'm oblivious. "Get in the car."

The guy must've noticed because he laughed. "Is there a problem?"

I turned to look at Diamond again and her face seemed worried, like she's thinking the same thing I am.

"Kylin we should go," I tell him, his eyes never leaving the man.

The guy soon turned to look at me, he pulled the shades from his face and smirked. "Aren't you a tall drink of water."

Tall drink of water? Who even says that?

I laugh uncomfortably. "Excuse me?"

"Nalia get in the car," Kylin says for the second time before he steps in front of me. Asher finally emerges from the store, his eyes full of concern as he dried his wet hands on his pants.

The guy held his arms up in defense. "I hope you're treating her right."

"You should watch your mouth," Kylin warned, his voice deep and shoulders squared. I noticed his fist balling up on his side so I grabbed his hand, the last thing we need is for Kylin to loose his temper.

"Kylin," I whispered his name and he sighed before unballing his fist and placing his hand in mine.

"Have a good day," the man spoke before retrieving back to his motorcycle, the other guys staring hard and long.

Kylin opened my door and I got in before Asher finally got into his car along with Diamond.

He started the car which roared to life and pulled off, Asher following.

°~°

Almost 200 reads, we're moving really slow but im thankful.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan. Love you:)