8~ "not at all."

•Nalia's P.O.V•

"Shit women! Can you drive?!"

I bite my bottom lip as I slowly drive off the curb, the car bouncing.

"Sorry, I never got my license."

"And your mom is letting you drive?" Kylin was freaking out.

When I picked him up, I managed to run into two stop signs, luckily it wasn't bad enough so I went on about my day. That's when he started freaking out that I was going to get us killed but I'm only taking the back roads, he doesn't want me driving on the main roads and I promise you that.

"Next time, I'm driving," Kylin states as we pull into the school.

"I agree." I still wonder why my mother let's me drive, she knows I'm terrible at it and still it's like she wants me to die.

We exit the car and he throws his arm around me, by now everyone was used to seeing us but the eyes only linger longer.

Kylin holds out his hand. "Keys."

I sigh before grabbing them from my pocket and placing them in his hand.

"At least don't make me feel terrible about it," I mutter as we walk down the hallway.

"You nearly killed us, I have a right," he points out just as Diamond walked up to us with the biggest smile on her face.

I put my combination in and open my locker. "What's got you so happy?" I've never seen her this happy since her dad bought her that expensive purse for making up the time he was gone.

"Asher just asked me if I was going to the football game this Saturday," she cheers.

Oh, right. I forgot about that.

"So what does that mean?" asks Kylin as he takes my books from my arms, his arms flexing as he does so.

"He likes me idiot, I can tell. He seemed nervous around me and he couldn't keep his eyes off me," I smile at her ramble. She's so cute when she does that. It makes me happy that he's into her.

The bell rings and Kylin places a kiss on my cheek, I notice the girls looking our way so I smile huge.

"You aren't walking with me?" I ask.

He usually does this when we part ways.

"I have business to take care of," he gives me my books and my eyebrows crease in confusion.

"During school hours?" Likely of him to do that so I don't know why I'm questioning.

"Yes. I'll see you at lunch," and he runs down the opposite direction of the hallway just as the tardy bell rang.

Shit.

°~°

We need to talk.

That text has had me on edge ever since he first texted it to me.

I told Kylin to wait outside as I hurried my way down the hall to meet Kyle.

During the whole school day he kept glaring at Kylin and it didn't make it any better that his best friend was glaring at me like I was the one who cheated. I avoided Kyle at all cost whenever he walked my direction but I soon realize that I can't run away from my problems forever, I'll have to face them eventually and this is me, facing them.

Sadly, I'm doing it on my own but I have to grow some balls eventually.

He waited by my locker as I walked up, my mind instantly replaying that disgusting scene I saw at his house.

The whole in my heart is bigger now that I'm standing in front of him, waiting to hear anything. It's been two weeks, two weeks since we broke up and two weeks since I got with Kylin, it seems like this is working considering he wants to talk to me.

"Hey," he finally spoke after minutes of awkward silence.

"Hi," my stomach filled with butterflies at his voice. I don't think anyone could make me feel the way Kylin did.

"I wanted to see how you were doing," he mumbled but loud enough for him to be heard.

Are you serious?

"Better now." It was time to be bitter, he didn't deserve my pity. He was the one who cheated on me.

"You seem much happier."

But you don't know how broken I am.

"What can I say? Kylin treats me right," yes I'm rubbing it in his face but he asked for it. No doubt that he's jealous of our relationship.

"He isn't a good guy for you, Nalia," he looks at me, his hazel eyes burning into my soul.

"How would you know? You cheated so there isn't much for you to say," I spit back.

He sighed, clearly filling guilty of his actions. "All I'm saying is-"

"Is there a problem here?" Kylin spoke from beside me, the car keys dangling from his hand.

I backed up against him with a head shake. "Not at all."

Kyle glared him at, daggers shooting out of his eyes.

A part of me wonders what he meant by that but I don't need to sit with him and have him blabber on about Kylin's bad reputation, plus he just wants me to break up with him. It isn't hurting me, it's fake. This whole thing is fake.

"We should go," Kylin instructed throwing his arm around my shoulders and leading me out the double doors.

I couldn't help but turn around and seen that Kyle's fist were balled up by his side with a very angry expression.

Maybe this is working.