38~ "speechless."

•Nalia's P.O.V•

"Can we address the elephant in the-"

"There's no elephant!" Diamond raises her voice a little earning a confused glance from the people in the small cafe.

I bite my lip as Asher huffs, running his fingers through his hair for the thousandth time today. Diamond had just broke the news to him but she had a little help from me and Kylin.

"Look," she sighs. "I understand if you want nothing to do with me."

"That's not it Diamond," Asher replies quickly while grabbing her hand.

I held back a awe and looked away, I felt like I was invading even though she was the one that asked for me.

"I'm just shocked is all," he shrugs and a small smile forms on her lips.

I really held back an awe.

She sighs before looking at me. "I can't give it up."

I choke, catching me off guard. "Huh?"

"I mean, I'll have it but I can't take care of it. I'll give it up for adoption. It'll be better than an... uhm... abortion."

I nod my head, liking this idea even better. I was thinking about talking her out of that abortion but I'm glad she made that desicion on her own.

"The only problem will be trying to hide my stomach," she sighs.

No one wants to be in high school and have a baby growing inside of you. That's will be the biggest talk for the next few years and knowing Diamond, she wouldn't be able to handle it. She's a tough cookie but she has a breaking point and it's not pretty when making her mad.

We were all speechless, unable of what to say because we had no idea how she'll hide her belly bump once it shows.

"Anyways," she breaths clearly noticing the awkward silence. "Can we eat? I'm hungry."

°~°

I stare at the golden box, ever since it arrived I've been dreading opening it because it's from my father.

I didn't even read the small note that was attached. He had some nerve. It sits pretty on my counter, just screaming expensive. The box itself looks like it's made of some special fabric

"The box isn't going to open itself," Diamond says with a mouthful of ice cream.

My eyes roll, I was hoping it would blow up in my face but looks like that isn't happening. I took a deep breath before popping the lid open, gasping as I picked up the gown inside.

"Woah," Diamonds eyes pop out her head.

It was a floor length creme colored dress, it was strapless and had small diamonds where my breasts would go, a zipper going from the end of my back to just a few inches away from my neck. It flared out just a bit, my father knows exactly what I like.

I finally take the chance to read the note.

Can't wait to see you wear that at my wedding, you will look so beautiful.
   xoxo dad.

I scoff. "Dad." I don't even claim him so this is wrong. There were a pair of white pumps when I took another look inside and I held back an eye roll.

He didn't have to do all of this.

"At least he's trying," Diamond shrugs.

I sigh before folding the dress back up in the box, I'll take it upstairs later.

"I can't wear that," I shake my head, just by the looks of it the dress was definitely expensive. My father has a fetish for spending unnecessary money and it wasn't okay, especially if he's spending it on me.

"Bullshit. You will look stunning in that dress and Kylin?" She laughs, a smirk plastered on her face. "Speechless."

Kylin would be dress in a nice tux and my mom would wear a pretty dress, so would the other people because they are rich so why not? It's only for one night and I won't ever have to see it again. The thought of dressing like that in front of Kylin sends a funny feeling in my stomach.

"Fine," arguing with Diamond is completely useless, she wins most of the time.

"Did you ever tell your mom you're  bringing Kylin?"

Shit. Totally forgot about that.

"Well now that you mentioned it," my eyes roll picking up my phone and checking the time.

10:22p.m.

"I would go but weddings aren't my thing," she says while turning on the water to wash off the spoon.

Diamond is the girly type but she's also the tom boyish type, she likes heels but would rock some sneakers, she looks good in dresses but jeans show off her body more. I don't understand why she doesn't like to attend weddings since she's actually never been to one but that's just how she is.

Just like how I hate avacodas and never tried it.

"Despite my father marrying a witch, I'm excited," I say with a small smile. I personally never been to a wedding either and I suppose it would be fun if my father and mother were getting remarried.

"Ugh. She's going to be your new step mom," Diamond shivers as if thinking about it is creepy enough.

I couldn't help but laugh. "As a step daughter, I already don't claim her."

That's when we burst out laughing and for a long time it's the first time I've seen Diamond really smile.

°~°

Just a filler.

Have you been to a wedding? I haven't and I wanna go to one soooooooooo bad like I'm so desperate to go just so I could wear a pretty dress lol.

Sorry for the grammar.

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan. Love you:)