Chapter Thirty-Nine

2nd Person View

You saw Khun, Hwaryun and James Pond in the distance. Khun saw Cassano and the twins. He turned around to see Rachel and Yura holding me.

"I kept waiting for too long, Mr. Khun." Rachel spoke.

"(n/n)...?" Khun mumbled.

"Shall we begin the sweetfish hunt?" Rachel asked.

"Were you waiting until we got to the exit so you could surround us?" Khun asked. "You're a lot more determined than I thought."

"You're the only one who refused to believe it. I was always like this." She replied. "Don't you remember...? I once pretended that I suffered a broken leg for years just to trick you."

My mistake was I didn't inform them on what I saw...

"Y-Yura! Get away from them right now! They're not normal!" The swordsman yelled. "Fug will just use you without doing anything at all to help."

"Yeah, open your eyes Yura Ha. Rachel is just using you." You spoke.

You suddenly felt the large impact from her hand to your face. You held your hands up to your cheek. You looked back at her and your lips slowly formed into a smile.

"Geez, no need to be hostile. I was just telling the truth." You said before chuckling.

"Enough of this nonsense! Let's just end the game here." Rachel said.

There was a short moment of silence before a loud familiar crocodile entered the scene.

"HEY BLUE TURTLE!! Are you in trouble?!?!" Rak asked as he was falling.

You took this chance to kick Yura and run towards Khun. Khun cut off your rope before standing back to his fighting stance. Khun explained his brilliant plan of locking the doors they as they go.

Khun started walking towards Rachel asking for a 1 on 1 battle between the both of them.

"Hey man!! Why would just the two of you fight?! Are you trying to hog all the fun?!" Rak asked.

"Shut up." Khun said before he turned back to Rachel.

"Well? If you accept this, I'll let him loose. Whoever wins will take away all dallars." Khun said. "I'll make sure it's 'fair and equal'. 'So that neither of us is at a disadvantage'."

"Alright, let's hear it." Rachel replied.

---
All of you were now around Khun and Rachel. The both of them were standing on their own lighthouse.

"So.. What are the rules for this 'fair and equal' match?" Rachel asked.

"They're very simple. Just toss your dallar like this-" He tossed the coin. "If it's heads when it falls, I win. And if it's tails, then you win."

"W-what are you talking about?! That's just pure...!"

"Right. It's pure luck." Khun replied. "It would be nonsense for you to really fight me, someone from the ten families. And obviously you can't outsmart me in a brain match so in order for it to be a fair enough match for you to accept, Wouldn't it have to be one of luck?"

"Let's do it, you and me. Let's see whom god loves more." He continued. "Why? Are you worried you won't be chosen? Don't worry, I was never the lucky man myself."

Rachel started giggling like a maniac.

"Fine.. It makes this feel kind of desperate.. To be honest, I just kind of want to prove you wrong too. Hurry up and toss it." Rachel said. "Now I'm starting to wonder who's going to win. "